• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCA Parkhopping Jan 7 and Beyond

kes601

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at park hours from time to time even though we don't have our trip until next summer. Mostly because I am interested in seeing what happens starting Jan 20 with early entry since it will only be one park a day.

Anyway, I have noticed that January 7 and beyond there are no park hopper hours listed for DCA. I am going to chalk this up to Disney IT, but just thought I'd mention that it was missing from the park hours in case anybody had anything to add.

I've been looking at park hours from time to time even though we don't have our trip until next summer. Mostly because I am interested in seeing what happens starting Jan 20 with early entry since it will only be one park a day.

Anyway, I have noticed that January 7 and beyond there are no park hopper hours listed for DCA. I am going to chalk this up to Disney IT, but just thought I'd mention that it was missing from the park hours in case anybody had anything to add.
Yep, I've been tracking as well. We have a DL trip early February. Was hoping to purchase tickets now but waiting to see which park will have (and which one will not) early entry.

For other posters, both DL and DCA each day both have early entry for Disneyland hotel guests and other select hotels. Starting next year, it will only be one park each day rotating between the parks. More complexity to navigate.

Yep, I've been tracking as well. We have a DL trip early February. Was hoping to purchase tickets now but waiting to see which park will have (and which one will not) early entry.

For other posters, both DL and DCA each day both have early entry for Disneyland hotel guests and other select hotels. Starting next year, it will only be one park each day rotating between the parks. More complexity to navigate.
We luckily bought our tickets before the price increase (even though we aren't going until June). It will be interesting to see how this works and how it affects crowds. Presumably anybody who would have taken advantage of early entry will now be making reservations for the same park. I'm not really understanding the logic behind it (other than 30 minutes worth of savings for staffing purposes).

We luckily bought our tickets before the price increase (even though we aren't going until June). It will be interesting to see how this works and how it affects crowds. Presumably anybody who would have taken advantage of early entry will now be making reservations for the same park. I'm not really understanding the logic behind it (other than 30 minutes worth of savings for staffing purposes).
That is the logic. 30 minutes less of staffing, 7 days per week, 365 days per year amounts to significant cost savings. Yes, they will still have to staff some of the non-ee park during that 30 minutes, but not as many CM's and also not operating the rides with guests during that 30 minutes.

I completely disagree with the change, and I believe it's short sighted, but it cannot be seen as anything more than cost savings. Before Covid they started playing around with opening the parks at 9:00 instead of 8:00 during busy times and closing DL at 11:00 instead of midnight on weekends. The same logic applied - trimming 1-2 hours per day off the schedule amounted to cost savings for their financial reports.

I'm hoping the cost cutting is limited to ee and not overall park hours (or they reverse course altogether or go back to 1 park for 1 hour). We can only hope.

My first thought was that it was the first in a a series of changes to park hours. I hope that is not the case. We love early openings and coming from the east coast we will definitely be ready to go by 7:30 for EE.

My first thought was that it was the first in a a series of changes to park hours. I hope that is not the case. We love early openings and coming from the east coast we will definitely be ready to go by 7:30 for EE.
I agree completely. We come from Central time and the 8:00 am openings are a key aspect of why we like going to DLR.

I want the 1 hour EE back if it goes back to one park per day... (probably not going to happen but a gal can wish!
Unfortunately the text from the Early Entry website says it will be 30 minutes:

Starting January 20, 2024, the early entry benefit will be updated, and Guests with valid park admission and reservations who are checked in and staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels may take advantage of this 30-minute early entry into a designated theme park for every day of their hotel stay. Each day, either Disneyland Park or Disney California Adventure Park will be open early. Please check the theme park calendar for the schedule.

Based
Based on the number of after hours events they have announced for the first half of the year I think it's now pretty clear why EE is being cut to 1 park a day -- they need the staffing for the late night events.

Based

Based on the number of after hours events they have announced for the first half of the year I think it's now pretty clear why EE is being cut to 1 park a day -- they need the staffing for the late night events.
Kinda a bummer. Early entry was free for those staying on property. These extra late night events are a double whammy. Not free and cuts in to park hours.

Kinda a bummer. Early entry was free for those staying on property. These extra late night events are a double whammy. Not free and cuts in to park hours.
EE is not "free." If you're staying on-site, it's "included" in the substantial nightly cost. Big difference. It makes the cuts to EE even worse and harder to stomach. People are paying a significant premium to stay on-site and EE is one of the top perks included in the cost.

EE is not "free." If you're staying on-site, it's "included" in the substantial nightly cost. Big difference. It makes the cuts to EE even worse and harder to stomach. People are paying a significant premium to stay on-site and EE is one of the top perks included in the cost.
Exactly.

It amazes me how people fall for the 'free' word every. single. time.

$10+$5 shipping? never! $15+free shipping? sure! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter