DCL Alaska cruises removed

That would be hard to do within the 7 day limit.
That 7 day limit is suppose to end October 31, 2021 and the Canadian cruise ban ends in February 2022. The Hawaii cruise isn’t until April-May 2022. The 7 day limit and the Canadian cruise ship ban will all have ended by that point.

Wouldn't the Hawaii trips need to leave/arrive in Vancouver? Or else it would be a cruise that didn't visit any foreign ports, which is not allowed...

The Hawaii isn't scheduled to 2022; so it is out of the danger zone for now, as Canada is restricting up to Feb 28, 2022.

What are the requirements they have to follow?

Currently CDC is stating no cruises longer than 7 nights; that includes the beloved East Bound Panama Canal Cruise. Hawaii if I'm not mistaken is more than 7 nights, but with it being in 2022; it may not be effected.

Currently CDC is stating no cruises longer than 7 nights; that includes the beloved East Bound Panama Canal Cruise. Hawaii if I'm not mistaken is more than 7 nights, but with it being in 2022; it may not be effected.

Just to say the Eastbound PC 2021 is actually outside the current date restrictions for the CDC rulings. I'm not saying it will sail but currently not on the chopping block and still for sale (sold out on the whole but it appeared for sale on Monday as a room popped up).

Alaska is on my bucket list. I know Disney likes going to Alaska so it’s another big hit. I’m guessing instead the Wonder will go to Hawaii or Mexico instead? Or just stay in the Atlantic. I’m not sure if they want any West coast cruises if it’s not Alaska. I don’t think the Mexico cruises are one of the more popular trips

You could do a land trip to Alaska. There are many beautiful sights to see, things to do, people to meet there outside of the port cities.

When we went in 2018, we did 5 days on our own on land before our cruise. We loved it. Both the land and sea portions were great, but there really is plenty to do without taking a cruise.

The Eastbound Panama Canal is now off the website, too, although perhaps it is just sold out. Hard to imagine it will sail though if Alaska cruises are gone.

Just to say the Eastbound PC 2021 is actually outside the current date restrictions for the CDC rulings.
True, but since the westbound was cancelled and no Alaska cruises, it's highly unlikely the eastbound can occur. There is no ship on the west coast needing repositioning.

You could start in LA or SD, go to Ensenada and then head to Hawaii and then back to LA/SD.
Assuming these would be booked as 1 way cruises in each direction, a non US flagged ship carrying passengers between 2 us ports would need to visit a distant foreign port, Ensenada or even Cabo does not meet this qualification.

I am sad because I'm 100% sure this will be my 3rd cancelled Alaska cruise, but it's just a vacation. What I feel bad for are the businesses in Alaska (and other ports) that are financially affected by all of this. I got an email yesterday from one of the Alaska excursions I had booked independently and they have had to cancel all excursions 2 years in a row. They will either refund my money or move my excursion again to 2022 (having already moved it last year). Since 2022 cruises aren't out yet I can't move it. At this point, I just feel like letting them have the money because they have to just be really hurting.

I am sad because I'm 100% sure this will be my 3rd cancelled Alaska cruise, but it's just a vacation. What I feel bad for are the businesses in Alaska (and other ports) that are financially affected by all of this. I got an email yesterday from one of the Alaska excursions I had booked independently and they have had to cancel all excursions 2 years in a row. They will either refund my money or move my excursion again to 2022 (having already moved it last year). Since 2022 cruises aren't out yet I can't move it. At this point, I just feel like letting them have the money because they have to just be really hurting.
That’s what we decided. Any excursions we can’t move we will just consider a donation to these struggling folks who need to feed their families. I hope we get to see them next year, but it’s not the end of the world for us if we don’t get our money back.

True, but since the westbound was cancelled and no Alaska cruises, it's highly unlikely the eastbound can occur. There is no ship on the west coast needing repositioning.

I'm definitely not saying it will happen but there are still 12 West Coast cruises even if Alaska are removed. The question on whether they feel that is still viable I guess we will have to wait on as no one really knows what will happen. Definitely under no illusion here on this one but as EBPC is currently sold out I don't think DCL will write it off completely until late in the day. I am guessing they are thinking of alternatives to the Alaska season and if this still includes West Coast cruises then there is a chance EBPC could happen.

I'm definitely not saying it will happen but there are still 12 West Coast cruises even if Alaska are removed. The question on whether they feel that is still viable I guess we will have to wait on as no one really knows what will happen. Definitely under no illusion here on this one but as EBPC is currently sold out I don't think DCL will write it off completely until late in the day. I am guessing they are thinking of alternatives to the Alaska season and if this still includes West Coast cruises then there is a chance EBPC could happen.

Given that they cannot currently get the Wonder to the west coast with paying passengers and Alaska season is dead, it seems highly unlikely that either the later west coast season or the EBPC will happen.

You could do a land trip to Alaska. There are many beautiful sights to see, things to do, people to meet there outside of the port cities.

When we went in 2018, we did 5 days on our own on land before our cruise. We loved it. Both the land and sea portions were great, but there really is plenty to do without taking a cruise.
My sister-in-law and her husband are park rangers in Alaska. We have visited them and they live on an island that small cruises stop at. Very pretty, but wouldn't want to live there.

Given that they cannot currently get the Wonder to the west coast with paying passengers and Alaska season is dead, it seems highly unlikely that either the later west coast season or the EBPC will happen.
Why can’t people get off at the Port of Balboa? Seems like a nice place.
Maybe even start the cruise out in Jamaica?
Ideally people are looking to make this a seven day or less trip right? They used to practically give away the Panama cruise when it first came out. I think they have a big enough following now that some people would still give it a go.

Why can’t people get off at the Port of Balboa? Seems like a nice place.
Maybe even start the cruise out in Jamaica?
Ideally people are looking to make this a seven day or less trip right? They used to practically give away the Panama cruise when it first came out. I think they have a big enough following now that some people would still give it a go.

If there was a reason to bring the ship west perhaps they would try to find a solution but Alaska season is the reason they go through the canal in the first place. Without it there is no point in trying to get the Wonder west.

If there was a reason to bring the ship west perhaps they would try to find a solution but Alaska season is the reason they go through the canal in the first place. Without it there is no point in trying to get the Wonder west.
So that nice man TVguy (got to sail with him once) could sail and all those other nice west coast people. It’s not like they can go driving around in the woods anymore. Tough times for them, they need to go to a happy place. Maybe work out extra Hawaii cruises? Just spitballing here, I have no power. Just a dreamer waiting to see the Disney Magic.

While I’m dreaming here, what if Disney hired an American crew to run Alaska ports? 6 month temp job(training included) and nobody needs a passport. It won’t happen I know, but if the crew was ??% American employees and they ran it out of Alaska for 2 years?
How long is a contract, 6 or 9 months?
I know this is just silly.

We are booked on one of the 2021 fall Mexico cruises. At this point I think it will be cancelled. It just doesn’t seem to make financial sense to send the Wonder to the west coast. I really hope that I am wrong, but it’s hard to be too optimistic at this point.

We are booked on one of the 2021 fall Mexico cruises. At this point I think it will be cancelled. It just doesn’t seem to make financial sense to send the Wonder to the west coast. I really hope that I am wrong, but it’s hard to be too optimistic at this point.

It probably depends a lot on whether they can actually make money not doing this option. Having potentially 4 ships in one area is probably not economical either. They have left the Magic in the Med so its likely they are aiming for Med cruises this year if possible so I guess it would only be 3 but even so unless they can sell cruises on the Wonder from PC then I think they will still be aiming to sail her across. Realistically if they want to reschedule entire season then they would have to do so pretty quickly in order to get the sales otherwise they are paying for a ship to sit idly in the sea which is also uneconomical if they do allow sailings

How much money does Disney loose a week for a ship with a limited crew now?
Would they be able to cover the employees and costs of passengers but sustain the same or reduced loss if they were to sail?
So many small companies would be so happy just to break even right now. And if people have a ticket to ride, why not keep up the good will?
Maybe it’s not business as usual during a recovery period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter