DCL app broken?

gatordoc

hopelessly addicted...
Is anyone else who updated the app to version 5.11 having problems (it was released 2 days ago)? On my phone and my wife’s (iPhones running the latest OS), our reservations will no longer load. They’re all still there on the website, but nothing we try on the app (Wi-Fi or cellular, manual login or Face ID, etc.) gets us past the error screen. Have uninstalled and reloaded, restarted phone, etc. again without success. Sent an inquiry to DCL - not expecting a quick response, though. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else (and perhaps suggesting to beware of this update).

Is anyone else who updated the app to version 5.11 having problems (it was released 2 days ago)? On my phone and my wife’s (iPhones running the latest OS), our reservations will no longer load. They’re all still there on the website, but nothing we try on the app (Wi-Fi or cellular, manual login or Face ID, etc.) gets us past the error screen. Have uninstalled and reloaded, restarted phone, etc. again without success. Sent an inquiry to DCL - not expecting a quick response, though. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else (and perhaps suggesting to beware of this update).
Sorry to hear about the DCL navigator app not working it looks like you tried everything like closing the app, logging in and out and uninstaing and installing again. For technical support I think that might need to be talked about on the phone instead of email you can call Disney cruise line on their free toll number on (800) 951-3532 or if you are calling from UK the number is 0800 171 2317

Working OK for me, I can see my family's cruise reservation for August. iOS 16.5 and DCL app 5.11

If I don’t get an email response soon I’ll call, but I really don’t have the time to wait on hold forever (which is my previous experience with Disney IT). I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be something stupid like that the 8 future cruises we currently have booked are too many and broke their system. I say this because a few years ago my entire MDE account crashed and they had to create an entirely new account for me because they said I had too many magicbands. 😖

If I don’t get an email response soon I’ll call, but I really don’t have the time to wait on hold forever (which is my previous experience with Disney IT). I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be something stupid like that the 8 future cruises we currently have booked is too many and broke their system.
I only have 1 future cruise booked and have the same issue on my iPhone 14 Pro Max with version 5.11 of the DCL app.

If I don’t get an email response soon I’ll call, but I really don’t have the time to wait on hold forever (which is my previous experience with Disney IT). I just hope it doesn’t turn out to be something stupid like that the 8 future cruises we currently have booked are too many and broke their system. I say this because a few years ago my entire MDE account crashed and they had to create an entirely new account for me because they said I had too many magicbands. 😖
I called them yesterday as I keep getting the seven dwarfs error when I try to connect my Disney account. I only waited on hold for about 3 minutes. They didn't get me fixed but I lost them when my phone disconnected (Not Disney's fault my phones fault)

I have had these issues in the last few weeks. Struggling to get a Rémy brunch, so I connected several times per day… turns out more often than not the app glitches as you describe.

I suggest you kill the app/restart, turn off Wi-Fi and back on… eventually it worked for me.

I called them yesterday as I keep getting the seven dwarfs error when I try to connect my Disney account. I only waited on hold for about 3 minutes. They didn't get me fixed but I lost them when my phone disconnected (Not Disney's fault my phones fault)
Hello @meliscan did the seven dwarfs error come up when you clicked on add ground transportation because if it did it means it's too early to add on ground transportation of it's not that and you were using the website to research iterneries, online check-in or do other things them it could be low connection or maybe you might need to clear cache and cookies. If that's not the problem it can sometimes be a glitch on the website.

Hello @meliscan did the seven dwarfs error come up when you clicked on add ground transportation because if it did it means it's too early to add on ground transportation of it's not that and you were using the website to research iterneries, online check-in or do other things them it could be low connection or maybe you might need to clear cache and cookies. If that's not the problem it can sometimes be a glitch on the website.
It comes up when I click on the banner "Don't Forget to Connect your Disney Account" under my reservation. It's in a little blue call out box. I called Disney and they were working on t. I cleared my Cache and Cookies and even tried on the work loaner computer that was clean. They couldn't figure it out and I need to call them back.

An update - I finally got a response from DCL:

“I've provided these details to our development team and they are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, they've recommended using the website until this challenge is resolved.”

Even though I had included all the things I tried in my initial contact with them, the fact that they didn’t suggest any other possible fixes but went straight to “use the website” suggests strongly to me that they’ve had other complaints and know the latest version of the app is unstable at best.

An update - I finally got a response from DCL:

“I've provided these details to our development team and they are currently investigating this issue. In the meantime, they've recommended using the website until this challenge is resolved.”

Even though I had included all the things I tried in my initial contact with them, the fact that they didn’t suggest any other possible fixes but went straight to “use the website” suggests strongly to me that they’ve had other complaints and know the latest version of the app is unstable at best.
Thank god im not the only one. I have the same problem too i cant log in and it says try again later. I read that you have a lot of cruises reservations im managing 7 future Disney Cruises maybe the app cant handle that amount of reservations or i Don't know. But the old version of the App works fine. I call and the tell me im a weird case and tell me to wait 5 days until someone fix my problem.

Thank god im not the only one. I have the same problem too i cant log in and it says try again later. I read that you have a lot of cruises reservations im managing 7 future Disney Cruises maybe the app cant handle that amount of reservations or i Don't know. But the old version of the App works fine.
I have only ONE future cruise booked and I am experiencing the same issues with version 5.11 the DCL App.

Oh by the way is any of you having issues using a language other than American English?

We found out the hard way this does absolutely not work with the app. DW woke up early only to not be available to book anything (windows opens in the morning in our timezone), only to find out it worked on my phone. We later figured out it was because mine was using english as a language and suspected it somehow relates to the date format (MM/DD/YYYY)

I have only ONE future cruise booked and I am experiencing the same issues with version 5.11 the DCL App.
Since the DCL Navigator app was updated with version 5.11.0 its still not working for me and my wife. When i log in it loads and then stops loading and giving me a message (Were having trouble accessing your reservation. Please try again soon.) I call today since my last call a week ago and they still don't know why i cant log in in the app only at the DCL site. They said that they only receive very few problems with the app so we are a minority here. She told me she cant do anything to fix my problem so if i want to check my reservations or add plans to my cruise that i should use only the DC site not the App.

Just today I started having a problem loading my reservation. It works on my husband’s phone but not mine. Very frustrating.
Oh no. I try today and im having problems loading my reservations on the website too. Now im worried. I think the system is having trouble with some accounts this is not a general problem. And in 1 month i need to do the online check in.

Oh by the way is any of you having issues using a language other than American English?

We found out the hard way this does absolutely not work with the app. DW woke up early only to not be available to book anything (windows opens in the morning in our timezone), only to find out it worked on my phone. We later figured out it was because mine was using english as a language and suspected it somehow relates to the date format (MM/DD/YYYY)
My phone is set to German and it worked well. But on my cruise Facebook group a lot of French people reported not being able to book anything - neither in the app nor on the website.

My phone is set to German and it worked well. But on my cruise Facebook group a lot of French people reported not being able to book anything - neither in the app nor on the website.
Interesting. Must be something else related to localization.
And, also interesting Disney still doesn't give a damn about their international guests, as it's now broken for months.

Thank god im not the only one. I have the same problem too i cant log in and it says try again later. I read that you have a lot of cruises reservations im managing 7 future Disney Cruises maybe the app cant handle that amount of reservations or i Don't know. But the old version of the App works fine. I call and the tell me im a weird case and tell me to wait 5 days until someone fix my problem.
I have not been able to access the website or app for the last 2 days. Cleared everything, shut my phone off, deleted and reinstalled the app, etc. It is so frustrating.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter