DCL Cabin Size vs RCCL Voyager Class

rykdad

Mouseketeer
Have any of you stayed on both a DISNEY ship and RCCL's "Voyager" Class ships? I am looking for a comparison between DISNEY's Deluxe Outside stateroom and the Deluxe Outside stateroom on a Voyager Class. We had no problems fitting our family of 4 on the WONDER last month. We have booked a MAGIC cruise next year, but we are considering a Voyager class ship to cut costs. DW and I have sailed on the Sovereign of the Seas before and we felt cramped with just the two of us. Can the Voyager class cabins fit a family of four comfortably?

DCL lists their deluxe outside stateroom as 226 sq ft.

The exployer of the seas lists their category F as 211 sq ft and H as 180 sq ft.

Since there is only one bathroom in the voyager class ship cabins, I would think the DCL and the cetegory F are very comperable in size and H just a little smaller.

When I was on the voyager, I felt the layout of the cabins was excellent, and there was plenty of storage space, just as with DCL.

The one thing I would want to keep in mind is that MOST of the Voyager class of ships only has a shower, no tub in their staterooms. I figured this out, when trying to book a cruise for my family. With little ones, a tub is REQUIRED, and I believe you needed at least a category C on RCCL for a guaranteed tub, which is VERY expensive!!! If you don't need the tub, then I'd say go for RCCL, we've had friends who loved it!!!

Check out this site, if you put in state room comparisson you can put in the two ships and it will show the staterooms side by side in a 3-d diagram type pic. This is a great site to see cabins and other areas of the ships. www.cruisestateroom.com
We have sailed with RCI 5 times, although never on a voyager class ship and have found the 'D' type cabins with a balcony to have plenty of room. I think the balcony cabin is more the outside deluxe you are looking for. Don't feel like you are downgrading yourself by trying RCI vs. DCL, you will have a wonderfull cruise.

We have sailed on two of the Voyager-class ships (Explorer & Navigator) and on the Magic twice . Here is a comparison of the cabins:

DCL --- Largest at Sea, split bath on most staterooms is a plus.
RCCL--- Bigger than older RCCL ships. Smaller than DCL . Promenade View cabins are unique – an inside cabin with a view.

Inside: DCL = from 184 to 214 sq.ft ; RCCL =From 160 -167 sq. ft.

Oceanview: DCL= 214 sq. ft.; RCCL =From 180 – 265 sq. ft

balcony: DCL =From 268 – 304 sq. ft.; RCCL =From 173 – 277 sq. ft

suites: DCL =From 614 - 945 sq. ft.; RCCL =From 381 – 1,188 sq. ft

I have almost completed a fairly detailed comparison of DCL vs. Voyager class ships. They are often "in the running" for a great family crusing vacation..

mac_tlc

We sailed on Voyager, and the staterooms are definitely smaller than the comparable cabins on Disney. But at least they're not as small as the older ships, like Sovereign of the Seas, which makes you feel as though you are in a broom closet!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter