DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

I take it you’ve never followed a football club?
Or any other cruise repeat customer club, IKEA, M&S Sparks, Starbucks, Boots Advantage. They don’t discourage anyone as said previously it’s a loyalty scheme but with different perks.

Indeed you can, but the point is that anyone can get a Tesco Clubcard and the benefits are available to all from Day 1. Sure, you have to spend in order to accrue points to get vouchers, but no-one is holding you back from the shopping aisles while the Platinum Clubcard members take their pick of the juiciest steaks and freshest vegetables, while you’re told to come back in five days to see what’s left.

I joined the Radisson Rewards programme and got discounted pricing immediately.

It just doesn’t sit well with me to be told (for example) that I might not get to dine at Palo on my first cruise. This kind of “loyalty” scheme does not operate at Disney World. You’re not told “you probably won’t get to ride Space Mountain on your first trip”.
Well if it’s any consolation I cruised Princess once and it was fabulous actually but I was the bottom of the heap for everything, so no five course tasting menu for me because the higher status you were the faster you got it and it was all gone by the time I could book. No free WiFi for me. That’s a diamond or emerald status thing and so on and so on. No dining in a certain restaurant at all because although we booked a verandah cabin some places to dine were junior suite only.
I went from top tier DCL to bottom tier Princess, but the solution is in my hands sail with Princess more and climb their loyalty ladder. Upgrade to a junior suite and dine everywhere. As far as I’m aware every cruise line operates in a similar fashion.
We’ve all been at the bottom and experienced the same thing.
I certainly didn’t hold it against the other Princess Cruisers that they got what I didn’t and yet I paid the same money.
I just enjoyed trying something new and different and I actually believe that the difference status wise was greater on Princess than it is on DCL.

I just checked, the Disney Magic At Sea overview page is still online and are all 4 port information pages. Its lunch time right now in Florida, so maybe in the few hours we might have an update.
I wouldn’t expect an update today.
Are you hoping to book?

I wouldn’t expect an update today.
Are you hoping to book?

Its currently 4.10pm in Florida, they have previously updated around this time.

No, as I am from Ireland, and I am not a UK resident so I can't book, but I am updating and gathering information for the UK Disboard members as I am in the same time zone and I follow various other sources of information.

Not to be argumentative but to ease the upset, we’ve booked cruises late in the past so despite being cc we have not been able to book palo buttttt when you get on board you can go to guest services and they will usually try and fit you in. As others have said it may be different with covid this time but cc or not the customer service on DCL is amazing (well bar the upset they are causing now with this farce!) Once you are on the ship unless you wear your cc lanyard there is no way to identify cc members as everyone is treated the same. From our first cruise to our most recent, from a balcony to the cheapest cabin we have always been treated the same on board. There is a reason people keep going back and for me it is not the few perks we get as repeat customers, but the service we get.

Not to be argumentative but to ease the upset, we’ve booked cruises late in the past so despite being cc we have not been able to book palo buttttt when you get on board you can go to guest services and they will usually try and fit you in. As others have said it may be different with covid this time but cc or not the customer service on DCL is amazing (well bar the upset they are causing now with this farce!) Once you are on the ship unless you wear your cc lanyard there is no way to identify cc members as everyone is treated the same. From our first cruise to our most recent, from a balcony to the cheapest cabin we have always been treated the same on board. There is a reason people keep going back and for me it is not the few perks we get as repeat customers, but the service we get.
Amen! :)

@mousematt You seem particularly hung-up on the early-booking perk. I’m sorry that bothers you. It’s not exclusive to DCL and a typical perk for cruise and airline loyalty programs. However, on DCL it doesn’t usually make a significant difference. Most new cruisers may not even be aware and even those of us who are CC may book when we’re ready to make plans irrespective of advanced booking dates. I’ve only booked advanced booking day once. While no one knows for sure how popular these UK staycations may be, there may well be no problem with availability on the public booking opening date. I suggest putting this in perspective in the big picture of taking your family on a fun vacation after a year of crazy at home.

I am one of those Platinum cruisers and I am offended by the thought that this group could get better pricing just for loyalty. (I also don’t know if the pricing stays the same all day for us, either. Does it go up in the course of Platinum booking day? Or does it change for each day until the general public gets a chance)

when announcement of the cruise is made, a “starting at rate” should be included. And the general public should be able to book at that price.

And why should the price go up as the ship fills? If you don’t realize you want to sail until months after the offer, why are you penalized? Especially when they list cruises a Long way off.

Rant. That got my blood boiling.

I imagine most first time cruisers don’t have the inside scoop regarding early booking for loyalty and/or a change in price, however. I certainly didn’t.

I would rather see a discount for loyalty. And yes, the option to book first and get cabins we want (There are plenty of good cabins. I personally look for less expensive ones, not the best balcony.)

This happens with hotels, airlines, train tickets - even concert tickets. Its not a new thing or exclusive to DCL.

This happens with hotels, airlines, train tickets - even concert tickets. Its not a new thing or exclusive to DCL.
I am probably wrong but I don’t think the pricing goes up until the cabins that have been released are all taken up, Then the pricing goes up for the next block as you say same as airlines, otherwise one of the perks would say discounted pricing and it doesn’t it only says advanced booking.

What’s the Palo thing?
Have I missed an update about it?

I see you have cruised before, so I can give you the secret. (wink).

DCL will take more of your money to let you eat Italian food,

Okay, you knew that.

The “Palo thing” is that it books up so fast. Usually on the early booking day for excursions by Platinums. Nothing you don’t know, I imagine.

I guess the things on DCL that get snatched up by Platinums are things that cost extra money. Cabanas at Castaway (pretty much go to Concierge, as they give their requests to Shoreside Concierge ahead of time).

The secret to dining at Palo is consider eating their the first night, which many people are not willing to do.

I like that I was unaware of Palo my first few cruises. I had the opportunity to do the full dining rotation. And discover early that no cruise offers great food. Yes, I have items I like, but I’ve have eaten the exact same items off the standard menus over the years. Even in Palo. I attempt to try new things and will continue. if not for DCL, I wouldn’t be able to say I had escargot. Had, as in past tense :)

It just doesn’t sit well with me to be told (for example) that I might not get to dine at Palo on my first cruise. This kind of “loyalty” scheme does not operate at Disney World. You’re not told “you probably won’t get to ride Space Mountain on your first trip”.

I'm platinum (my next cruise would be my 11th) and i'm yet to dine at Palo. I'm not sure what's happened with Palo on these cruises, but if it's just an availability thing, the same thing would happen at WDW with the most popular restaurants that get booked up quickly?

Let me be clear. I would have no problem with CC members getting free bottles of champagne in their rooms. Every night. I would have no problem with CC members getting 50% discounts on their fares. Hell, they can have a Platinum Lounge if they want.

What I do have a problem with is CC members getting their pick of the rooms (and other things you can book) before everyone else. I don't think that's a fair perk. And no loyalty programme I've ever been part of has offered that kind of perk.

What the old-timers may have forgotten is just how bogglingly complicated booking a cruise seems to a newbie. There are — what? — eleven categories of stateroom? The pricing structure — when they actually let you see it — seems hugely complicated. And — as I'm understanding it — it's so dynamic that it can change hourly. At least that's what I've read. On this thread, I think.

I am probably wrong but I don’t think the pricing goes up until the cabins that have been released are all taken up, Then the pricing goes up for the next block as you say same as airlines, otherwise one of the perks would say discounted pricing and it doesn’t it only says advanced booking.

Do you think they have a set number to be sold at X price - and then they bump the price? I’ve wondered how this works. Still don’t like it, though. It is one way to get people to book. But I’ve never seen a ship not sail because they didn’t sell enough cabins, I do know that state residents and CMs have gotten some great deals, as someone in a cabin buying drinks and tipping the stewards is better than an empty cabin.

What I do have a problem with is CC members getting their pick of the rooms (and other things you can book) before everyone else. I don't think that's a fair perk. And no loyalty programme I've ever been part of has offered that kind of perk.

Once you go on a few cruises you'll have those perks too. Like someone else said further up, everyone starts out at the bottom.

Guys, come on, we need to keep this thread open so that important updates can be posted over the next few days. Going rond and round in circles about Castaway Club membership is getting us no where. UK members need to know updates and if this thread gets closed, those updates can't be posted

Why would the thread get closed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter