• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Are they going to enforce wearing masks in public areas? If so, thats a deal breaker. Rather wait till next year for my Hawaiian cruise
I’m expecting they will be required - not sat on the pool deck but I’d imagine moving around and queueing for food (assuming the counter service is open in some form)

Which RCCL ship have you booked?

RCCL is sending the brand new Odyssey of the Seas to Israel.
It's actually still being finished, but will apparently be completed in time to start cruising out of Israel in June.
It was supposed to sail out of Rome in the summer, but they switched it to Israel.
This is the first time RCCL is sailing out of Israel.
Only residents of Israel will be allowed.
All passengers age 16 and up will have to be fully vaccinated.
Children below 16 will have to have a negative PCR test.

The cruises will be to Limossol, Rhodes, Athens, Mikonos and Santorini.

There are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 night cruises.

Last edited:
there have been numerous studies done in Israel on the population which is 80% fully vaccinated (of those who can be vaccinated).
the definition in Israel of fully vaccinated is 7 days after the second pfizer dose.
The studies have shown that the pfizer vaccine prevents transmission.
Also, one week after the second vaccine, it is 95% effective.
At 2 weeks post vaccine, it is close to 99% effective.

We currently have zero patients in hospital who are fully vaccinated.

Again, when i say 80% vaccinated, that is 80% of the population that can be vaccinated (those 16 and up), have been fully vaccinated.

We also have had a few hundred special cases below the age of 16 who have been vaccinated. All have done well. Here's hoping children can eventually be vaccinated as well.
Pfizer is just beginning to test those age 11 and under. They've completed the test on 12 to15 year olds, but haven't yet released the data.
I'm guessing it won't be long before we're able to vaccinate the 12 to 15 year olds as well.

My wife has 2 coworkers that contracted covid after being fully vaccinated. Just something for everyone to consider

Yup. Looks like the TA jumped the gun on that. Sounds like cruises to nowhere and that sounds good to me. They could do the same here in the US, vaccinated people only on a cruise to Castaway Cay and back or leave Port Canaveral and just sail around. I'm up for that. :)

there is no way the cdc is going to let that happen. So port Canaveral is out of the question.Someday it will happen again maybe not this year.

My wife has 2 coworkers that contracted covid after being fully vaccinated. Just something for everyone to consider

yes you can get corona virus after getting vaccinated. None of them claim it’s 100 percent. But they do say it’s 100 percent effective against deaths and hospitalizations. So how bad did they get with the covid? My guess probably not bad a little coughing some body aches.

Last edited:
So I'm interested to hear how much everyone thinks Disney is likely to charge for a 2 night cruise to nowhere???

It's essentially a one and a half day experience???

Who'd like to have a guess on the price per adult in a balcony stateroom....

I'll start the bidding at £600 per person....

What did you think??

SW

RCCL is sending the brand new Odyssey of the Seas to Israel.
It's actually still being finished, but will apparently be completed in time to start cruising out of Israel in June.
It was supposed to sail out of Rome in the summer, but they switched it to Israel.
This is the first time RCCL is sailing out of Israel.
Only residents of Israel will be allowed.
All passengers age 16 and up will have to be fully vaccinated.
Children below 16 well have to have a negative PCR test.

The cruises will be to Limossol, Rhodes, Athens, Mikonos and Santorini.

There are 2, 3, 4, 5 and 7 night cruises.

Wow, it sounds pretty amazing. :)

So I'm interested to hear how much everyone thinks Disney is likely to charge for a 2 night cruise to nowhere???

It's essentially a one and a half day experience???

Who'd like to have a guess on the price per adult in a balcony stateroom....

I'll start the bidding at £600 per person....

What did you think??

SW

I have been going around my head about this since the announcement. I’m hoping the 3-night is less than £700 pp for two adults sharing, but that might be pie in the sky. Bahamas cruises for 3 nights this year have prices around £500 pp.

HOWEVER, I’ve seen the price hikes on Butlins (£1700 for 1 adult and 1 child) and that is not a world-class premium experience. We’ll see. People in this country are scrambling for something and from a trustworthy company like Disney... they can probably charge a lot and be completely full in a couple of days.

well I am 32 in Scotland with no under lying condations and I have had the first dose and have the second booked for a few weeks time

You’re very lucky then. I’m also in Scotland & they are just about to start vaccinating under 55’s (with no underlying conditions) in my area. I’m not due my first dose until mid-May.

You’re very lucky then. I’m also in Scotland & they are just about to start vaccinating under 55’s (with no underlying conditions) in my area. I’m not due my first dose until mid-May.

yeah to be honest I was a bit shocked when it arrived in the post, inviting me to go

where in Scotland u from

I was thinking that they would possibly want a few extensive cleaning days to cover the ‘extended safety and cleaning measures’ , so I wondered whether they would sail in and out of the same ports and then have a day repositioning empty to get the extra cleaning done? Just a thought.

That was my thought when my wife and I were discussing this earlier. As has already been stated on a previous post, guest cannot be expected to embark on the ship at Southampton, disembark at Newcastle and then return by road or train to retrieve their car. Unless DCL have priced this over the top, we are 99% certain that we will be cruising on at least one of these voyages. :dance3:

These cruises will be expensive. They know people desperately want a vacation this year.

These cruises, as you say, may be expensive, as we have had two long lockdowns in the UK so people may look forward to this as an opportunity for a short holiday to treat their children.
Alternatively, DCL may be using this time to advertise their cruises to the UK market.
Although we have done several cruises with DCL, if a family from the UK wanted to go on a cruise, it would more than likely be P&O from Southampton.
For DCL this may be a market they would like to break into.

I have been going around my head about this since the announcement. I’m hoping the 3-night is less than £700 pp for two adults sharing, but that might be pie in the sky. Bahamas cruises for 3 nights this year have prices around £500 pp.

HOWEVER, I’ve seen the price hikes on Butlins (£1700 for 1 adult and 1 child) and that is not a world-class premium experience. We’ll see. People in this country are scrambling for something and from a trustworthy company like Disney... they can probably charge a lot and be completely full in a couple of days.
What is Butlins?

Family holiday resorts - from an American perspective think of the movie Dirty Dancing. If you have seen the Who film Tommy that will also give you an idea.

What is Butlins?
Family holiday resorts - from an American perspective think of the movie Dirty Dancing. If you have seen the Who film Tommy that will also give you an idea.
Very that. It’s more to illustrate the price hikes in the UK. 7 nights in the summer holidays was advertised as under £700 for a family in 2019. Over a 100% price hike, mainly due to demand. If people will pay that for a holiday at Butlins, I can’t imagine what people will pay for a Disney cruise!

yeah to be honest I was a bit shocked when it arrived in the post, inviting me to go

where in Scotland u from

My DH’s letter just arrived on Saturday, but I’d to call to reschedule for him as he works away from home. I asked about an appointment for myself but I’m not on the system yet.

We’re in Aberdeenshire - north of the city itself. Whereabouts are you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter