• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

I thought you couldn’t use dreams to book these? If you can do you get the shipboard credit?

Thanks

what do u think would happen if u booked but u never got the vaccine in time

Assuming that being vaccinated is required, then I'd assume that if you weren't vaccinated you would be denied boarding.

Assumptions, of course.

I agree, you would risk being denied boarding
yeah of course but would u get a refund if u called a few weeks before

According the DCL website, the cancellation terms are
Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
  • 89-45 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = Deposit Per Guest
  • 44-30 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 50% of vacation price per Guest
  • 29-15 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 75% of vacation price per Guest
  • 14 days or less Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 100% of vacation price per Guest
HOWEVER, before my September 2021 cruise was cancelled, DCL sent me an email with details of their temporary cruise cancellation fees

We are temporarily relaxing our cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through September 30, 2021, as described below.
Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
  • 60 or more Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date No fee
  • 59-45 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = Deposit per Guest
  • 44-30 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 50% of vacation price per Guest
  • 29-15 Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 75% of vacation price per Guest
  • 14 or less Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date Cruise Cancelation Fee = 100% of vacation price per Guest
I thought you couldn’t use dreams to book these? If you can do you get the shipboard credit?

This is what my Dreams Unlimited agent said when I asked about the UK Residents Sailings
"Yes! We have been told we will be able to book." I didn't ask about the shipboard credit, but I'm sure yes you would get it. The only thing you would not get is the gift basket as they don't not ship them internationally.

Also people need to be aware that most likely for these sailings payment is likely to be upfront, as in the same email , this is what they said about final payments

For sailings through September 30, 2021, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories.

60 Days from April 19 is June 18

Very interested to see how these are priced. Obviously being UK only, they have a much smaller market to pull from, and the demographic that DCL usually pull is not shy of spending (typically US people with much more 'spare money'). Add to that many people are out of jobs etc due to Coronavirus or even nervous.

However on the flip side, there will be pent up demand for holidays, especially with kids.

Perhaps it will average out at around typical DCL prices. I hope they aren't typical DCL Europe prices!

I like the idea of using a Dreams agent to book this on our behalf but does anyone know if the agents would be available to make bookings as soon as it goes live or would they be starting later in the day due to the time difference?
As a first time cruiser I feel like the support of an agent would be valuable but I know these will be popular and wonder whether I’m better being online or the phone first thing on the 19th?

I like the idea of using a Dreams agent to book this on our behalf but does anyone know if the agents would be available to make bookings as soon as it goes live or would they be starting later in the day due to the time difference?
As a first time cruiser I feel like the support of an agent would be valuable but I know these will be popular and wonder whether I’m better being online or the phone first thing on the 19th?

Travel agents use a different booking system to the general public, so while DIY people are stuck on hold or the website crashes, the travel agents are not.

I'm a first time cruiser from Ireland and I have had 2 cruises cancelled and I am now booked on my third cruise for 2022, which will be the first time on the ship. Dreams Unlimited have been amazing through all this. For the most recent booking, I emailed my agent as soon as DCL released the cruise itineraries and specified which cabin number, which cruise etc I wanted to book when my booking window opened. Then on my booking day, my agent was booking for me as soon as booking started. I had my booking quote and confirmation email while people here on Dis were still on hold.

With Dreams Unlimited you have a profile page which lists all the information about your cruise. They have an online payment system and you pay through that. The money goes directly to DCL, they do not hold it. You then get a payment receipt email from Dreams Unlimited. They also give you your DCL confirmation number, so that you can log in on the DCL App and see your reservation.

Travel agents use a different booking system to the general public, so while DIY people are stuck on hold or the website crashes, the travel agents are not.

I'm a first time cruiser from Ireland and I have had 2 cruises cancelled and I am now booked on my third cruise for 2022, which will be the first time on the ship. Dreams Unlimited have been amazing through all this. For the most recent booking, I emailed my agent as soon as DCL released the cruise itineraries and specified which cabin number, which cruise etc I wanted to book when my booking window opened. Then on my booking day, my agent was booking for me as soon as booking started. I had my booking quote and confirmation email while people here on Dis were still on hold.

With Dreams Unlimited you have a profile page which lists all the information about your cruise. They have an online payment system and you pay through that. The money goes directly to DCL, they do not hold it. You then get a payment receipt email from Dreams Unlimited. They also give you your DCL confirmation number, so that you can log in on the DCL App and see your reservation.
That‘s great to know, thank you!

Very interested to see how these are priced. Obviously being UK only, they have a much smaller market to pull from, and the demographic that DCL usually pull is not shy of spending (typically US people with much more 'spare money'). Add to that many people are out of jobs etc due to Coronavirus or even nervous.

However on the flip side, there will be pent up demand for holidays, especially with kids.

Perhaps it will average out at around typical DCL prices. I hope they aren't typical DCL Europe prices!
The NHS is the biggest single employer in the UK, every supermarket has been open, the Royal Mail and other delivery companies have been doing more work. It’s a tale of two lockdowns over here, those who have been in jobs that might have made more money due to overtime and those who have been furloughed or laid off due to it.

The prices of UK holidays have skyrocketed and lots of places are sold out over the summer holidays. There is an unprecedented demand this summer. Hopefully they’ll keep prices similar to their other offerings or less, trying to get more people to try out DCL and get some more loyal customers in the UK. Of the other cruise lines doing UK seacation holidays, I looked at the Royal Caribbean prices and they were slightly more expensive than I expected, but Cunard seemed cheaper than I expected.

Some more information which may be useful to people thinking about booking these cruises. The "what happens if I test positive for Covid 19 14 days before my cruise departure date" question.

Disney Cruise Line Flexible Refund Policy

Flexible Refund Policy
  • Within 14 days prior to embarkation, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
    • Guests who wish to change their sail date must move the sail date to a future sailing that commences prior to September 30, 2022.
    • Guests cannot change their reservation back to the original sail date after taking advantage of this policy.
  • Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
    • Have symptoms of COVID-19
    • Have a temperature of 100.4°F or greater
    • Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
    • Have tested positive for COVID-19
  • Guests who do not wish to select a new sail date will be provided a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees in their original form of payment.
  • Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios on the day of embarkation will not be able to sail and will receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees.

The NHS is the biggest single employer in the UK, every supermarket has been open, the Royal Mail and other delivery companies have been doing more work. It’s a tale of two lockdowns over here, those who have been in jobs that might have made more money due to overtime and those who have been furloughed or laid off due to it.

The prices of UK holidays have skyrocketed and lots of places are sold out over the summer holidays. There is an unprecedented demand this summer. Hopefully they’ll keep prices similar to their other offerings or less, trying to get more people to try out DCL and get some more loyal customers in the UK. Of the other cruise lines doing UK seacation holidays, I looked at the Royal Caribbean prices and they were slightly more expensive than I expected, but Cunard seemed cheaper than I expected.

Not to mention all the warehouses and call centres and tradesmen who've carried on working. I think the biggest losers have been the service industry, waitstaff/barstaff, performers, event organisers, etc.

I'm finding it odd, that they can already give us all the sail dates, but no more info on what we actually need to do, as is either have both vaccins, or about testing.
As that is a big dealbraker for so many people, who either haven't even had their first shot by then, or, the prices of these test are very expensive, which adds a lot of money onto the entire trip.
There's 2 of us, and if we needs how many tests, then it is completely unufordable for us.
I'm guessing the NHS tests won't be good for this (they haven't been for travelling by Eurostar, I know that), and needs to be one you pay for/get private.

Or did I miss all that info? I've tried to read through the thread.

I'm finding it odd, that they can already give us all the sail dates, but no more info on what we actually need to do, as is either have both vaccins, or about testing.
As that is a big dealbraker for so many people, who either haven't even had their first shot by then, or, the prices of these test are very expensive, which adds a lot of money onto the entire trip.
There's 2 of us, and if we needs how many tests, then it is completely unufordable for us.
I'm guessing the NHS tests won't be good for this (they haven't been for travelling by Eurostar, I know that), and needs to be one you pay for/get private.

Or did I miss all that info? I've tried to read through the thread.

I would expect more info from Monday 12 April. I'm guessing that most people who will be booking will be first time cruisers on General Booking Day, which is Monday 19 April not on Wednesday 14 April Platinum Advance Booking Day.so its my guess that DCL are timing the release of info for first time cruisers.

Also info is being released in DCL timezone, which is 5 hours behind UK time. I would expect info to be released in the afternoons in UK time, not 9am UK time.

Dreams Unlimited Travel does not have set working hours. Our agents are working way before dawn on booking days & discount days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter