• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Damn it! I should have taken screenshots! Sorry.

I dont know how to get images on here, when I've tried before they haven't worked and I get errors so I just wanted to give the details so wrote them out for everyone.

Hopefully even though its disappeared, this is what they will actually be doing.

You did well. They just did things backwards. They should have updated the website before social media as the social media post linked to the website page. It was up for 15 minutes before they deleted it.

(by the way, Im on a laptop, I click on an image, then right click to open in a new tab, then save to my laptop, then click attach files in the reply box and then add the image)

Hi Geomom,
Thank you so much, that’s exactly the information I was looking for!
😃
I never really considered a cruise before but I’ve heard such great things from the Dis podcasts and other vloggers over the years that I thought this was an opportunity not to be missed. Little did I know how complex it could be!!

She did a great job with that info.

The magic portholes are super fun, too.

No magic portholes on the Magic (or Wonder). My family have only been on the Magic so far, so we've only experienced the 'porthole mirror' featured in these inside rooms. They give a good illusion of space, but no cool features of the magic portholes.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/magic/staterooms-inside/
Maybe someday we will sail from Port Canaveral and get a chance to try the Dream or Fantasy! :) I'd love to get my husband on the Dream, if only to do the Midship Detective with the Muppets. He loves Muppets.

Thanks for everyone keeping us updated on UK cruise news. Anxiously waiting for any official news, so we can hopefully book.

Looking at prices, it is interesting to compare pricing on the Dream/Fantasy between inside, oceanview, and verandah compared to the Magic. I heard there was sometimes a premium for inside on the bigger ships, due precisely to those magic portholes. However, it seems to me that the European Magic cruises tended to have a big jump for verandah in my experience, I think for people wanting the view and the opportunity to sit on their own balconies in the Med or Baltic, etc. We did both those cruises in inside cabins and enjoyed them without feeling we were missing out on views or quiet deck space. Deck 4 is great and has loungers set out. The adult section is excellent and has very comfortable seats for a relax with a book and a beverage (plus near the nice snacks in the coffee shop).

Just keep swimming...and pressing refresh...

Liverpool sailings between
15th - 30th July 2021
2, 3 and 4 Nights

Southampton sailings between
4th - 30th August 2021
2, 3 and 4 night sailings

Newcastle
3-11 Sept
2 and 3 Night sailings

Tilbury
14th Sept - 1st Oct
2 and 3 Night sailings

They haven’t updated the website and the post on social media is gone... what’s going on!?

Disney isn't just for children. We're Adult Only cruising parties.

I was planning Southampton but with these two now not being in school holidays I might switch.

Of course Disney isn't just for children. I just find it odd they chose to focus the adult-only sailings in Newcastle, the closest port to all of Scotland and the first/second closest port to a huge part of northern England. The weather will also turn faster on the north sea coast.

We might try for Newcastle too if all the kids are going to be in school...

They haven’t updated the website and the post on social media is gone... what’s going on!?

Someone did things backwards, they should have updated the website first before the social media post as the Facebook post linked to the website. They realized the mistake after 15 minutes and are most likely frantically typing and inserting code and images into the website pages.

Someone did things backwards, they should have updated the website first before the social media post as the Facebook post linked to the website. They realized the mistake after 15 minutes and are most likely frantically typing and inserting code and images into the website pages.
That’s what I’m assuming since i clicked one of the links and got the Seven Dwarfs.

I also wanted to note something you said many pages back. DCL is technically a UK-based company, though the operational headquarters in located in Celebration Florida.

Of course Disney isn't just for children. I just find it odd they chose to focus the adult-only sailings in Newcastle, the closest port to all of Scotland and the first/second closest port to a huge part of northern England. The weather will also turn faster on the north sea coast.

We might try for Newcastle too if all the kids are going to be in school...

Just speculating over here, but I would say as the Liverpool & Southampton dates have remained the same they had those ports agreed for that time frame already. Someone said earlier that the dates originally given for Tilbury and Newcastle were prior to the government roadmap for everywhere opening up end of June so that's likely why they were being pulled so Disney has just moved them after that point.

After the already 'confirmed' dates for L & S is outside of school holidays so DCL may not have had much choice

While waiting to cruise, here’s a little info about cabins.

The only “bed” is US queen size. Internet says that’s a U.K. king + 2” longer. So comfortable. Like a mattress in a Hilton or Marriott, not as good as Sofitel. It is one single mattress, not two narrower ones pushed together. A lot of cruise lines still offer the two piece version, allowing singles to share a room and each gets a bed. Disney gave that up a decade or so ago (I think with the arrival of the Dream). Lovely linens by Frette.

The sofa bed back flips forward to reveal a single mattress. Way more comfortable than sleeping on a fold-out sofa (there’s no bar in the middle of your back). This design takes away no floor space.

In rooms that sleep 4-5, there’s an upper berth/bunk that swings down from the ceiling.

Your room steward will flip the sofa back, unlock the upper berth, and turn down your bed while you are at dinner. They are masterful ninjas, keeping your room clean.

Other than the cheapest cabins(Cat 11a) and handicap accessible, the bathrooms have a split configuration. One room with toilet and sink. The other with sink and shower over small tub; the tub being sized for children.

Shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, and moisturizer are all included. I think they still utilize small tubes, not wall dispensers.

The electric outlets on the Magic are only 110 v /N American style). Outlets are beside the bed and at the desk / dresser.

There is a hairdryer in the dresser drawer, with a special plug. To be used in the cabin, not the bathroom. The old wall-mounted hairdryer may still be in the bathroom and is so weak.

There’s a dorm-size refrigerator. Ice bucket which your steward can fill. Or you can pop up to Deck 9 and get ice, Coke products, bad? Coffee, tea (bags and hot water dispenser), hot chocolate packets (with artificial sweetener)- no charge. One dispenser has milk/cream products. On sailings in cold weather, they have a dispenser of hot chocolate.

TV has free Disney movies. Now on-demand style (used to be on a schedule).

There are life sets in the cabin for everyone. You will have a (muster) drill before sailing to instruct you what to do / where to assemble in case of an emergency. Some cruise lines are making this virtual. We shall see when Disney follows suit.

I was looking for DCL U.K. on FB. There’s a group with 2.6k members for these UK summer sailings. Wow!

Y’all must be going stir crazy from COVID. That, or you really just need a Disney cruise near home.

Thank you to everyone for you replies regarding veranda and ocean view rooms it’s been really helpful. The comparison photos of the different portholes were great.
Thanks also to those offering first timer tips, all this info is really useful!

:thanks:

Just to avoid confusion, the cruises on The Disney Magic that were cancelled today were the original scheduled cruises from USA ports.

Last edited:
I was looking for DCL U.K. on FB. There’s a group with 2.6k members for these UK summer sailings. Wow!

Y’all must be going stir crazy from COVID. That, or you really just need a Disney cruise near home.

We are, but thankfully it's rapidly improving. I think there are lots of people severely missing their yearly Florida or Paris Disney trip who want a taste of Disney, and not having to travel to the south of England to catch a Disney cruise is a huge bonus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter