DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

WOW ....people magicatsea instagram and really really angry at the restrictions Disney have just announced.. the comments section is going crazy. Most people are really unhappy that both vaccines must have been administered. Which is likely to exclude most people between 18 -45. It will certainly be interesting to see if Disney back down on this decision.

WOW ....people magicatsea instagram and really really angry at the restrictions Disney have just announced.. the comments section is going crazy. Most people are really unhappy that both vaccines must have been administered. Which is likely to exclude most people between 18 -45. It will certainly be interesting to see if Disney back down on this decision.

wow, just reading some of the comments.

To be very blunt, DCL will not care one bit about the negative comments. They HAVE to follow UK Government regulations and all the Instagram comments will be ignored. DCL are basically opening a new market segment, the older age group who have money and time to cruise who want a different cruise experience. Yes their target market is family friendly but at the same time, there are a huge amount of adults who don't have children but still want the Disney experience. Especially after the harsh restrictions in The UK, I would expect there are many adults who would want to cruise but don't want the typical booze cruise and thats the market Disney are aiming for.

These cruises will sell out, and they will be a very different type of passengers who will be on the ship. Its very clever actually, to give these new to the Disney Cruise Experience passengers a taste of the ship, and I would expect bookings for the 2022 sailings to increase after these UK sailings.

wow, just reading some of the comments.

To be very blunt, DCL will not care one bit about the negative comments. They HAVE to follow UK Government regulations and all the Instagram comments will be ignored. DCL are basically opening a new market segment, the older age group who have money and time to cruise who want a different cruise experience. Yes their target market is family friendly but at the same time, there are a huge amount of adults who don't have children but still want the Disney experience. Especially after the harsh restrictions in The UK, I would expect there are many adults who would want to cruise but don't want the typical booze cruise and thats the market Disney are aiming for.

These cruises will sell out, and they will be a very different type of passengers who will be on the ship. Its very clever actually, to give these new to the Disney Cruise Experience passengers a taste of the ship, and I would expect bookings for the 2022 sailings to increase after these UK sailings.
Great comments... I think it's perhaps disappointing that the way information was shared has allowed people to become invested into taking a cruise and now the restrictions mean those people are excluded though no fault of their own.

I love the transatlantic cruises which always have a very different atmosphere to shorter sailings. It will be interesting to see how these sailings are received....

Great comments... I think it's perhaps disappointing that the way information was shared has allowed people to become invested into taking a cruise and now the restrictions mean those people are excluded though no fault of their own.

I love the transatlantic cruises which always have a very different atmosphere to shorter sailings. It will be interesting to see how these sailings are received....

I think also people have this idea in their head, that Disney = a kids holiday but as many of us know, there is a huge adult market for the Disney experience. And thats what DCL are doing with this. Family friendly does not mean just for kids.

Disney is a business in survival mode, just like every other business and they have to pivot their business model in order to survive.

This new information is part of that pivot process, changing the business model from appealing to people who have children, to appealing to adults who want a Disney Cruise experience.

Its part of the new normal for every business in every industry, that how things were done before Covid will not be how things are done as society begins to re open.

It did't state but everyone assumed that Vaccinations wouldn't be needed but I'm sure that's what DCL wanted, blame the UK government.
I've never done the transatlantic - was meant to do the westbound this september. Hope it happens next year, if they allow sailings longer than 7 nights.

I think also people have this idea in their head, that Disney = a kids holiday but as many of us know, there is a huge adult market for the Disney experience. And thats what DCL are doing with this. Family friendly does not mean just for kids.

Well, we don't have kids, are in our mid 30's and not eligible for the vaccine until the very last.
So, in a way, it really isn't fair to that group.

I'm not bothered with ports and excursions and like most times getting to another country to board the ship.
So this would definitely have been a dream!
The experience, and see what it's like.

But thousands are being left out now.

I get it... But there are quick tests that can be done also.
We've been having the worst 1,5 year (and I'm sure we're not alone) and we really needed something.
But are 'discriminated' everywhere due to the vaccines and our age group that comes along with them.

Well, we don't have kids, are in our mid 30's and not eligible for the vaccine until the very last.

I'm not bothered with ports and excursions and like most times getting to another country to board the ship.

We've been having the worst 1,5 year (and I'm sure we're not alone) and we really needed something.
But are 'discriminated' everywhere due to the vaccines and our age group that comes along with them.

I can understand but to be really blunt, DCL does not care about who feels discriminated against. This is a business decision based on what they are allowed to do by The UK Government. No matter what they do, some group of people are going to feel disappointed. DCL are a business who are in survival mode and pivoting their business model in order to restart their their business. The aim of these cruises is to restart their business and to test out their new policies and procedures and to open their product to a new market segment.

I guess maybe I have a better understanding of the why and the how as I am a small business owner, who works in marketing and during the last 12 months I have been helping my clients pivot their business models. I see things from both the perspective as a Disney fan AND as a business owner.

Am I reading this wrong or is it just under 18s who need a PCR test?
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.

Am I reading this wrong or is it just under 18s who need a PCR test?
Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.

Looks like that to me

I wonder who they have partnered with for the discounted tests. Hopefully someone that is available in Northern Ireland.
Also curious how proof of vaccination will work - Doctor's letter? App? I think it sounds like it will work differently in the different countries of the UK.

I definitely still plan to book, just hope the passenger experience isnt dampened too much by the new guidelines, which in a way can be looked at as a positive, as they are obviously worried about the safety of pax and crew.

Lots of new info that is going to exclude a lot of young families from trying this now, especially the earlier cruises, but the health and wellbeing of everyone has got to come first.
The most interesting thing for me now is how they are going to price these, whilst I imagine they will do everything they can to make it as close to a normal Disney cruise as possible, I expect it is going to feel very different and for those that have been before may notice the differences more, however for me I'd just be made up to be back on a ship again.

So... this might be a dumb question. It’s possible that I could get both vaccinations by sail date. What happens if I book and don’t have both vaccines? Can I get my money back with no penalty?
Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with qualifying COVID-19-related concerns can receive a full refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date. Standard prevailing rates will apply.

• Within 14 days prior to departure, Guests who experience one or more of the qualifying scenarios may change their sail date, under the following terms:
  • Qualifying scenarios include Guests who:
    • Have symptoms of COVID-19
    • Have a temperature of 38 C or greater
    • Have had known exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the previous 14 days
    • Have tested positive for COVID-19
    • Are unable to travel due to government-imposed travel restrictions
    • Guests age 18 and older have not been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the NHS prior to their sail date.

I do feel your pain.
BUT!

I would go ahead and book it. You are able to cancel within 14 days of sail date If you can`t get fully vaccinated. Hence you have nothing to loose. Just hope for the best!

Also IF the 1 dose will be available in the near future you can be easily fully vaccinated by end of July/August!

I do think it is incredibly upsetting for those not vaccinated because it hasn’t hit their age group yet. If you are looking at the later cruise dates try contacting your local vaccine centres and see if they do drop ins at the end of the day for unused vaccines. I know this won’t help the early sailings but if you are looking at the later dates you may be able to get both vaccines in. i know our local centre was doing this last week. I understand Disney has had to make a decision and why they have said you must be vaccinated but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing for those it affects.

I do think it is incredibly upsetting for those not vaccinated because it hasn’t hit their age group yet. If you are looking at the later cruise dates try contacting your local vaccine centres and see if they do drop ins at the end of the day for unused vaccines. I know this won’t help the early sailings but if you are looking at the later dates you may be able to get both vaccines in. i know our local centre was doing this last week. I understand Disney has had to make a decision and why they have said you must be vaccinated but it doesn’t make it any less disappointing for those it affects.

I would be very cautious about advising people to contact vaccination centres for left over dose in The UK. This may be what people do in the country you live in, but in The UK, this is not something that should be advised to do.

Aaaaaannnnnddddddd..... we are out!
Notwithstanding the fact that my husband likely won’t be vaccinated by then, the Nursery is closed, so no opportunity to do the adults only activities at all together, prebooked kids clubs likely not to be easily moveable once booked, risk that pool deck will be full all day or that you won’t be able to leave to go bathroom or get lunch and then return, no guarantee that shows will have enough seats for everyone and needing to be there online 30 days before for the free for all first come first served bookings? No thanks.
Will rotational dining be happening or have they canned that too?
Is the adult pool a free for all, or are they going to have all three open for everyone?
Also, don’t want to spend my whole holiday on my smartphone
Ah well, it was a nice idea whilst it lasted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter