• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Any one got more information about the tests we need to take 5-1 days prior, seems quite light on information

All we know at the moment is that it's required for under 18's snd has to be purchased privately, possibly check with your council or GP.
My big worry is there are a few vendors that won’t do it for under 5s which both mine are. I’ll be keeping an eye out on here see if anyone gets in for before me 🤣

I had put a hold on a room and was going to book after the bank holiday weekend, but it looks like I won’t be able to. I’ll have had my second covid jab and the week after just about by the time of the sailing but my wife is just 40 so the invites have only just gone out for her to get vaccinated, given the 12 weeks between shots + 1 week there isn’t time between now and the sailing.

This sucks!

never mind I’ll just have to wait another year to get my next Disney cruise in😪

Has anyone worked out the parking situation yet?
The link from the Liverpool port information page takes you the to CPS Cruise and passenger services page which asks you to choose your cruise provider and Disney isn’t on the list.
I called them and apparently they don’t even have a contract with Disney yet… very odd!

I had put a hold on a room and was going to book after the bank holiday weekend, but it looks like I won’t be able to. I’ll have had my second covid jab and the week after just about by the time of the sailing but my wife is just 40 so the invites have only just gone out for her to get vaccinated, given the 12 weeks between shots + 1 week there isn’t time between now and the sailing.

This sucks!

never mind I’ll just have to wait another year to get my next Disney cruise in😪
When is your wife booked in for?
The cancellation terms are pretty flexible and second vaccines do seem to get brought forward sometimes, so there’s a possibility it could work out…

I have to say I'm very excited for my cruise in August, and also the reviews of those on the earlier departures from Liverpool etc. I am somewhat concerned about the experiences they will cut from the Disney cruises (This will be our 6th), and if they fill those gaps with anything else. I just hope they dont cheap-out and not care so much about the UK market.

If today's newspapers are to be believed, then we should 'almost' have normal life back by 21st June.

Does anybody have any idea of how much the capacity has been reduced for these summer cruises?

When is your wife booked in for?
The cancellation terms are pretty flexible and second vaccines do seem to get brought forward sometimes, so there’s a possibility it could work out…

we’re expecting to get the invite for her to book this week, with the over 40’s now being included, I was having a look at the nhs documentation and it is very strongly worded to 12 weeks now. It looks like it’s to get as many through having their first shot as soon as possible. I might ring DCL and see what they say. The later cruises aren’t that convenient for us sadly :-(

don’t get me wrong I fully support what they’re doing to get these running again, I was just so excited when I saw the dates (and that Liverpool is really convenient for us) I’m just now a little down that other things are making me turn it down.

many suggestions on how to get the second shot early are welcome!

Information About Upcharge Items Which Can Be Booked
When You Are Paid In Full And Your Castaway Member Level Booking Window Opens

Alcohol Tasting
60 minutes
21 age and up
Not all sessions are available on all cruises, it depends on the length of the cruise
  • Whiskey Tasting - $28
  • Champagne Tasting - $38
  • Beer Tasting - $23
  • Cognac Tasting - $28
  • Martini Tasting - $25
  • Rum Tasting - $28
  • Stem to Stern Wine Tasting -$25
  • Mixology - $25
  • Bourbon Tasting -$28
  • Chocolate and Liquor Tasting- $37
  • Tequila and Margarita Tasting - $23
Biibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Full details on Disney Cruise Line Website
45 minute session
  • Deluxe Carriage Package Price: $99.95
  • Castle Package Price: $199.95
  • Disney Frozen Package Price: $179.95
  • Princess Signature Package Price: $450.00
  • Royal Sea Package Price: $595.00
  • Royal Knight Costume Package Price: $79.95
  • Captain’s Package – Disney Cruise Line Exclusive Price: $119.95

Shutters Portrait Studio
  • 30 minute complementary private session
  • Photo Print 8 X 10 $20.95
  • Photo Print 6 X 8 $14.95
  • Any 6 prints or digital $99.95
  • Any 10 prints or digital $149.95
  • Any 15 prints or digital $199.95
  • Any 20 prints or digital $249.95

I called them and apparently they don’t even have a contract with Disney yet… very odd!
I was thinking I’d call the on Tuesday after the bank holiday but you’ve beaten me to it. Did they expect to be providing parking for the Disney cruises and just havent got it set up yet or should I be looking for alternatives? We’re coming across from Sheffield and I don’t have much faith in the rail network.

So we've booked and paid our deposit and gotten our DU confirmation emails but our reservation isn't recognised by the official Disney cruise app/website, is this just because we paid over the weekend and DU hasn't had a chance to confirm our reservation with DCL?

Separate question, when we log in to DU website it brings up that we are 81 days away from our cruise, Can we start booking activities/reservations 75 days out if we haven't paid the balance yet, or do we need to pay in full before we can book activities.

Sorry this is all new to us.

So we've booked and paid our deposit and gotten our DU confirmation emails but our reservation isn't recognised by the official Disney cruise app/website, is this just because we paid over the weekend and DU hasn't had a chance to confirm our reservation with DCL?

Separate question, when we log in to DU website it brings up that we are 81 days away from our cruise, Can we start booking activities/reservations 75 days out if we haven't paid the balance yet, or do we need to pay in full before we can book activities.

Sorry this is all new to us.

You should have 2 confirmation numbers.

The first is the DU number. Log into the Dreams Unlimited website and go to your reservation page. You should see your Disney Confirmation number.

Its the Disney Confirmation Number you will use for the App and website.

You will need to pay in full before you can book the upcharge activities such as the upcharge restaurant, alcohol tastings etc.

The free activities such as kids club and pool and theatre show reservations will be bookable at 30 days from departure.

You should have 2 confirmation numbers.

The first is the DU number. Log into the Dreams Unlimited website and go to your reservation page. You should see your Disney Confirmation number.

Its the Disney Confirmation Number you will use for the App and website.

You will need to pay in full before you can book the upcharge activities such as the upcharge restaurant, alcohol tastings etc.

The free activities such as kids club and pool and theatre show reservations will be bookable at 30 days from departure.

Yeah it's the Disney Confirmation number I was trying, no luck so far.

Yeah it's the Disney Confirmation number I was trying, no luck so far.

Did you get a payment receipt from Dreams Unlimited? That usually takes about 24 hours. Remember most of the DU agents are in Florida, so will work on Florida timezone. Florida is 5 hours behind UK, so its only 5.24am right now. I wouldnt stress out, just maybe give it until Monday morning UK time so that your agent can sort things out on Sunday day time Florida timezone.

I have a query
If we pay in full early to take advantage of booking activities would we still have the same cancellation policy where we would get a full refund if we cancelled prior to 30 days before the trip?
We fully intend to go but in the current climate we like having the reassurance of a full refund.

I have a query
If we pay in full early to take advantage of booking activities would we still have the same cancellation policy where we would get a full refund if we cancelled prior to 30 days before the trip?
We fully intend to go but in the current climate we like having the reassurance of a full refund.

Yes, as far as I can see , paying in advance does not affect the cancellation policies.

This is the terms and conditions for the UK sailings Disney Magic At Sea Book With Confidence

Did you get a payment receipt from Dreams Unlimited? That usually takes about 24 hours. Remember most of the DU agents are in Florida, so will work on Florida timezone. Florida is 5 hours behind UK, so its only 5.24am right now. I wouldnt stress out, just maybe give it until Monday morning UK time so that your agent can sort things out on Sunday day time Florida timezone.
Hmmmmmmmmm. My cards been charged the deposit, and I've got my log-in to view my DU reservation, but no, I guess I haven't recieved a "reciept" yet, that might be it Tink. I'm sure you are right it will sort itself out by Monday/Tuesday.

Hmmmmmmmmm. My cards been charged the deposit, and I've got my log-in to view my DU reservation, but no, I guess I haven't recieved a "reciept" yet, that might be it Tink. I'm sure you are right it will sort itself out by Monday/Tuesday.

There are a few auto emails that DU send out when you do a booking
  1. Dreams Unlimited have received your request and will assign you an agent
  2. Your reservation has been assigned to an agent
  3. Your requested Disney vacation information
  4. Deposit processed for reservation number
Your agent will also email you from their DU email and introduce themselves

For those wondering about how vaccine status will be verified
  1. Down the normal NHS app, not the Covid App
  2. Upload your ID and NHS number to get the app authorized.
  3. Once you have had the first dose, it will show under GP Health Records and Medicine
  4. If your health records and medicines are listed but the Covid vaccine is not, you may have to contact the GP surgery, as not every GP has registered on the App for the Covid vaccine information.
  5. I have seen that it may take up to 14 days for Covid vaccine information to appear in the App.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter