DCL dropping pre Cruise testing.

So no need to upload proof to safe passage for sailings beginning 11/14. No wonder they hung up on me when I was the next caller to get an update on my vaccine proof submission and couldn't get through after that.

GUESTS AGES 5 AND OLDER

• Full vaccination not required but highly recommended
  • Testing for fully vaccinated Guests not required
    • For sailings through November 13, 2022, to be exempt from testing requirements, fully vaccinated Guests must upload their proof of vaccination to the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website by midnight prior to embarkation day.

That's good news BUT yeah, does that mean we don't need to bother with the Safe Passage step??? Hasn't really said, has it???
Nothing official regarding safe passage. My assumption would be that if you're no longer enforcing testing for anyone regardless of vaccination status, you then no longer need to know what the status of the passengers is. So theoretically the requirement for safe passage goes away, but this is just an assumption we'll have to wait and see what happens over the coming weeks when the 1st cruises after the 14th hit their 2 week safe passage registration period.

Makes sense at this point. Unless someone has the latest booster (less than 4% of US population) the ability of someone who got vaccinated back in Late 2020 to mid 2021 to spread covid is not significantly lower than those who are unvaccinated. COVID is endemic at this point just like the flu, and individuals need to decide whether or not they want to be vaccinated for personal protection, and if they are comfortable with the risks of activities vs the risk of getting COVID.

Were they doing this before Covid also? It's just really secure documents that are being sent online with the check in. I'm gonna do it obviously but still, I think about it
No. During the Pandemic they used the time to Refurbish the Cruise terminal to use this new procedure. They got rid of the majority of check in desks and moved passport check, etc to the bottom of the escalators with security.

This was all started when they resumed sailing in August 2021.

I honestly don't mind any of the online processes for uploading. Every time we've sailed through Canaveral since the restart was a breeze. It definitely sped things up.

1hn1ah.gif

One big key note that hasn’t seem to be addressed yet is that starting November 14 you won’t be able to just call to cancel or reschedule due to Covid positive or exposure so that fact may be very important to some people.
This is what is still on the website: They shouldn't change that you can cancel if sick or exposed but I guess only time will tell

Book with Confidence​

Enjoy peace of mind when booking your cruise, knowing there are options available that allow you to change or cancel your booking flexibly.

FLEXIBLE REFUND POLICY
Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with COVID-19-related health concerns (symptoms or exposure) can receive a refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date. Standard prevailing rates will apply. Please note that travel insurance and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, are not refundable. View important details.

This is what is still on the website: They shouldn't change that you can cancel if sick or exposed but I guess only time will tell

Book with Confidence​

Enjoy peace of mind when booking your cruise, knowing there are options available that allow you to change or cancel your booking flexibly.

FLEXIBLE REFUND POLICY
Within 14 days of the sailing, booked Guests with COVID-19-related health concerns (symptoms or exposure) can receive a refund without Disney-imposed cancellation fees or apply their cruise fare toward a future sail date. Standard prevailing rates will apply. Please note that travel insurance and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, including airlines, are not refundable. View important details.
But not in the new letter.

Guests booked on sailings departing from the U.S. November 14, 2022, through January 31, 2023, may modify or cancel their sailing by November 13, 2022 without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees. Please contact your travel agent for details on how to cancel or modify your booking. Please note that change fees and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, such as airlines and hotels, as well as travel insurance, are not refundable. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation or modification requests received on or after November 14, 2022.

But not in the new letter.

Guests booked on sailings departing from the U.S. November 14, 2022, through January 31, 2023, may modify or cancel their sailing by November 13, 2022 without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees. Please contact your travel agent for details on how to cancel or modify your booking. Please note that change fees and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, such as airlines and hotels, as well as travel insurance, are not refundable. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation or modification requests received on or after November 14, 2022.
I didn't get a letter. I am just going by the website.
honestly - if you are sick - I thought they always worked with you to rebook. They don't want you on ths ship and infecting everyone.

Just got an email about my upcoming cruise and confirmed via the Know Before You Go.

"For sailings from the US beginning on or after November 14, 2022, Disney Cruise Line will no longer require Guests to be tested for COVID-19 regardless of vaccination status."

Yup just saw this. Glad I don't need to upload those documents now for my upcoming cruise

So I assume this means safe passage is no longer.

DCL website was just updated to state "For sailings through November 13, 2022, in order to sail, Guests ages 18 and older must individually create an account associated with their reservation(s) on the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website and upload their proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results no later than midnight prior to their sail date."

After that, it appears you won't have to upload proof. I had just checked the website this morning, and it was still showing previous requirement, so I pulled out our vaccination cards. Back they go into the file!

The letter I received from DCL does give the option to cancel: Guests booked on sailings departing from the U.S. November 14, 2022, through January 31, 2023, may modify or cancel their sailing by November 13, 2022 without any Disney-imposed cancellation fees. Please visit us online for details on how to cancel or modify your booking. Please note that change fees and cancellation fees imposed by third-party suppliers, such as airlines and hotels, as well as travel insurance, are not refundable. Refunds will be processed back to the original form of payment. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply for any cancellation or modification requests received on or after November 14, 2022.
That's what I want to know. There is no mention of eliminating the Safe Passage vaccination upload, but I would imagine it wouldn't be applicable anymore since there is no longer any testing requirements?

I didn't get a letter. I am just going by the website.
honestly - if you are sick - I thought they always worked with you to rebook. They don't want you on ths ship and infecting everyone.
That's what Insurance is for. They only worked with everybody during the major Covid outbreaks now it's back to business as usual (almost).

That's what Insurance is for. They only worked with everybody during the major Covid outbreaks now it's back to business as usual (almost).

This! Though they do work with those that show up at port and check the box for norovirus symptoms , some are clear to sail others not. But other than that not really.

If you check in before Nov 14th, do you still need to upload, even if your cruise is after
I don't think so concerning proof of vaccination. The website says "For sailings through November 13, 2022, in order to sail, Guests ages 18 and older must individually create an account associated with their reservation(s) on the Inspire Diagnostics Safe Passage website and upload their proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results no later than midnight prior to their sail date."

You still have to upload ID and head shot when you do online check-in, as that is the new process used by DCL since COVID.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter