DCL Europe Summer 2022 approaching - what are you doing?

Do you mind if I ask how the cruise was? Service quality? Did there seem to be a lot of positive cases once on the ship?
Cruise was excellent. Food and service was great as always.

We did hear about some positive cases on board but I don't know how many. Those people were put in quarantine. We didn't get sick at all.

Going into the dining rooms you had to use hand sanitizer. Before going into the buffet you had to completely wash your hands.

We did hear about some positive cases on board but I don't know how many. Those people were put in quarantine. We didn't get sick at all.

Going into the dining rooms you had to use hand sanitizer. Before going into the buffet you had to completely wash your hands.
We will be on the Magic sailing out of Rome on the 18th so fingers crossed.

No. We just got off the Magic Saturday in Barcelona and had to arrange our own testing before flying back to the US. We were able to get an appt and the airport and it went smoothly.
On the website it does provide information on where to get tested in Barcelona. It states they’ll do that for other ports. Denmark has phased out Rapid testing. There are places to do it but it’s very expensive. We’re about the only country that requires it anymore.

Public transport is the way to go as said above. I just wanted to add that for the months of June through August you can get a ticket that is valid for one calendar month that only costs 9€ and it will be valid on all public transport in Germany (with the exception of long distance trains like high speed rail). But any method of transport within Munich and to the airport is covered. You can get it at any ticket vending machine or through the German railway website (www.Bahn.de). It’s called „9-Euro-Ticket“. But if your stay falls into two different months you would have to get two. One for June, one for July e.g.
Thanks @Flossbolna and @BadPinkTink

My only issue is that we will be headed there after 9 night cruise and we will have a lot of bags. Not sure how easy that will be to haul around on public transportation.

I think I am scarred from the time one of my friends (who was born in UK) insisted we take the Tube instead of express train from Heathrow with all my bags/very few lifts/lots of stairs.

Thanks @Flossbolna and @BadPinkTink

My only issue is that we will be headed there after 9 night cruise and we will have a lot of bags. Not sure how easy that will be to haul around on public transportation.

I think I am scarred from the time one of my friends (who was born in UK) insisted we take the Tube instead of express train from Heathrow with all my bags/very few lifts/lots of stairs.
Munich public transport is much easier with luggage than the tube in London. You should have an elevator at every station. But I understand the hesitation about luggage. The issue is that the Munich airport is so far out of town that it is quite expensive to take a taxi, around 75€ I would think. If that’s not too much for you, there is an official taxi stand at the airport. Taxis are very regulated, so have competent drivers and clean and reliable cars. You might even end up in a Mercedes as that’s the classic taxi car here.

Feel free to dm me if you have more questions. I live close to Munich now and used to live there in the past.

Us too! I should ask you which excursions you chose 😂
We are traveling with a 11 year old and 6 year old and my parents. Excursions: Dubrovnik Scenic Cruise and Old Town City Tour; Agios Andreas Monastery and Melissani Cave (Kefalonia); Venetian Legacy of Rethymnon and Chania for myself and my dad and Hiking the Imbros Gorge and Frangokastello Village; Acropolis Sightseeing and Archaeological Museum with Lunch; Best of Santorini; and Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri for Families. 6 year old is only going on a couple.

We are traveling with a 11 year old and 6 year old and my parents. Excursions: Dubrovnik Scenic Cruise and Old Town City Tour; Agios Andreas Monastery and Melissani Cave (Kefalonia); Venetian Legacy of Rethymnon and Chania for myself and my dad and Hiking the Imbros Gorge and Frangokastello Village; Acropolis Sightseeing and Archaeological Museum with Lunch; Best of Santorini; and Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri for Families. 6 year old is only going on a couple.

We were a party of 5 and are down to 3. 😞 Daughter is 14. We are on scenic cruise but one with beach time. We had a private tour scheduled through Viator for Kefalonia, but they cancelled. We’re now doing Drogarati Cave & Odysseus. In Chania, we have a private tour of Elafonisi Beach. In Athens, we booked a private tour with archaeologist. We booked a private tour in Santorini which I’ve forgotten what it is. 😂 Naples - Amalfi by boat with Pompeii.

Sounds like both of our parties will be very busy. 🤩

We were a party of 5 and are down to 3. 😞 Daughter is 14. We are on scenic cruise but one with beach time. We had a private tour scheduled through Viator for Kefalonia, but they cancelled. We’re now doing Drogarati Cave & Odysseus. In Chania, we have a private tour of Elafonisi Beach. In Athens, we booked a private tour with archaeologist. We booked a private tour in Santorini which I’ve forgotten what it is. 😂 Naples - Amalfi by boat with Pompeii.

Sounds like both of our parties will be very busy. 🤩
I am sorry you are now done to 5. My parents are coming with us so they have offered to watch the little one if she decides that it is all too much. See you soon fingers crossed.

Does anyone know where DCL is picking up guests in central London? Is it still the doubletree?

So I called Costco about changing my transfer from LHR to central London. It was a 3-hour wait. I told them I'd try back, but I guess the guy stayed on hold and took care of it. I got a voicemail from Costco saying they changed it and the pick-up was the Doubletree, but the Disney website says the Hilton Metropole.
I called Disney after I ended the call with Costco pushed 3 they told me they couldn't take care of it I needed to call Costco. I told her the wait was three hours. She tried to blame the wait time on Costco.....um excuse me, but NO. I explained to her that Costco picked up immediately, and the wait time was Disney and hung up on her. I'm so over Disney and their bad customer service. The TA at Costco said it's been so bad some days they have to tell customers they flat out can't get hold of DCL.

Anyway, if anyone knows which hotel I go to for my transfer to Dover I'd appreciate some help. Otherwise, I'll have to call DCL again. If I do end up having to call DCL I'll post the answer here.

Were people in masks when indoors or did most not have concerns?
DH concerned about the quarantine id that was an issue Having to stay in your room for ? days.

Are there still private dining tables at dinner or do you have to request? I see some of the other ships have resumed sharing tables.

Were people in masks when indoors or did most not have concerns?
DH concerned about the quarantine id that was an issue Having to stay in your room for ? days.

Some people wore masks but most didn't. It was up to the individual. One excursions, masks were mandatory on the buses in the specific ports. All crew wore masks.

So I called Costco about changing my transfer from LHR to central London. It was a 3-hour wait. I told them I'd try back, but I guess the guy stayed on hold and took care of it. I got a voicemail from Costco saying they changed it and the pick-up was the Doubletree, but the Disney website says the Hilton Metropole.
I called Disney after I ended the call with Costco pushed 3 they told me they couldn't take care of it I needed to call Costco. I told her the wait was three hours. She tried to blame the wait time on Costco.....um excuse me, but NO. I explained to her that Costco picked up immediately, and the wait time was Disney and hung up on her. I'm so over Disney and their bad customer service. The TA at Costco said it's been so bad some days they have to tell customers they flat out can't get hold of DCL.

Anyway, if anyone knows which hotel I go to for my transfer to Dover I'd appreciate some help. Otherwise, I'll have to call DCL again. If I do end up having to call DCL I'll post the answer here.
We are using the Doubletree Hilton Victoria for our WBTA . We decided to stay there as well even though it want necessary. I reserved the transportation by email also. Here is the DCL email when I inquired. .

JoJo (Disney Cruise Line)
Apr 1, 2022, 6:43 AM EDT
Dear xxxxx xxxxxx

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

A minimum of 1 pre- and/or post-night can be added with a maximum of 3 pre- and/or post-nights at the following hotels in London/Dover, based on availability:

-JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
-Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill
-Hilton London Gatwick Hotel
-Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel

*A transfer from the above resorts is only available if you have a pre night reservation.

Ground transportation can be arranged from any of the above hotels to the Port of Dover for $60.00 per person, 3 years and older. There is no charge for children under 3 years of age.

If you are not staying at one of these resorts, Guests who wish to explore London before or after their cruise will have the option of taking a transfer to and/or from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria.

The London City Center Transfer will depart from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria promptly at 10:15 am. Guests may arrive at the resort beginning at 9:00 am.

•Cost for the one-way transfer is $60.00 per person ages 3 and up and includes luggage service and access to a comfortable lounge prior to departure.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria is located at 2 Bridge Place, London SW1V 1QA. This resort offers easy access to London attractions. Guests can take a taxi from the resort or use the following public transportation options:
•Victoria Coach (Bus) Station
◦Located 2 blocks (approximately 10 minutes) walk from the resort

• Victoria Station (Train & Tube)
◦200 ft. (approximately 3 minutes) walk from the resort
◦Connections to National Rail, Gatwick Express, Tube/Subway

Keep in mind that Disney Cruise Line ground transfers can be booked or cancelled up to 8 days prior to sail date.

Guests who book pre and/or post-nights on their own will be responsible for arranging their own transportation between the London Gatwick (LGW) or Heathrow (LHR) International Airports and the hotel they are staying at for an additional cost.

If you are interested in adding pre-nights or transportation to your reservation, you may reply to this email due to the high call volume or please call our Contact Center at 800-939-2784 or 407-566-7000 Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET) or Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (ET).

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

JoJo
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

Today I cancelled our September British Isles Cruise. I'm sad, but I can't deal with the stress of worrying about a negative test to come home. Vacation planning is supposed to be fun, not stressful.

We are using the Doubletree Hilton Victoria for our WBTA . We decided to stay there as well even though it want necessary. I reserved the transportation by email also. Here is the DCL email when I inquired. .

JoJo (Disney Cruise Line)
Apr 1, 2022, 6:43 AM EDT
Dear xxxxx xxxxxx

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

A minimum of 1 pre- and/or post-night can be added with a maximum of 3 pre- and/or post-nights at the following hotels in London/Dover, based on availability:

-JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
-Hyatt Regency London – The Churchill
-Hilton London Gatwick Hotel
-Sofitel London Heathrow Hotel

*A transfer from the above resorts is only available if you have a pre night reservation.

Ground transportation can be arranged from any of the above hotels to the Port of Dover for $60.00 per person, 3 years and older. There is no charge for children under 3 years of age.

If you are not staying at one of these resorts, Guests who wish to explore London before or after their cruise will have the option of taking a transfer to and/or from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria.

The London City Center Transfer will depart from the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria promptly at 10:15 am. Guests may arrive at the resort beginning at 9:00 am.

•Cost for the one-way transfer is $60.00 per person ages 3 and up and includes luggage service and access to a comfortable lounge prior to departure.

The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London – Victoria is located at 2 Bridge Place, London SW1V 1QA. This resort offers easy access to London attractions. Guests can take a taxi from the resort or use the following public transportation options:
•Victoria Coach (Bus) Station
◦Located 2 blocks (approximately 10 minutes) walk from the resort

• Victoria Station (Train & Tube)
◦200 ft. (approximately 3 minutes) walk from the resort
◦Connections to National Rail, Gatwick Express, Tube/Subway

Keep in mind that Disney Cruise Line ground transfers can be booked or cancelled up to 8 days prior to sail date.

Guests who book pre and/or post-nights on their own will be responsible for arranging their own transportation between the London Gatwick (LGW) or Heathrow (LHR) International Airports and the hotel they are staying at for an additional cost.

If you are interested in adding pre-nights or transportation to your reservation, you may reply to this email due to the high call volume or please call our Contact Center at 800-939-2784 or 407-566-7000 Monday - Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm (ET) or Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm (ET).

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

JoJo
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.
Thanks. That's where we transferred from in 2019. DCL needs to change the info on the website that says Hilton Metropole. The Doubletree is in a great location. I'm not sure how great the hotel is I've never been impressed with Doubletree hotels. We're staying at the Hyatt Churchill booked with Hyatt points. The first time in London we stayed at the Premier inn Aldgate and the last time at the Waldorf. I thought the Premier inn room was nicer than the Waldorf. I've never stayed at a European hotel that lived up to the standards I'm used to in the US maybe this time will be different.
I don't think I can transfer from the Hyatt Churchill unless I booked the hotel through DCL. At least that's what they told me in 2019. When I have 8 hours to wait on hold I'll call and ask.

Today I cancelled our September British Isles Cruise. I'm sad, but I can't deal with the stress of worrying about a negative test to come home. Vacation planning is supposed to be fun, not stressful.
They literally just lifted the requirement to test to fly into the US today...not sure if it's too late to rebook if you wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter