DCL Fan: Alaska Discussion Expansion

CampbellzSoup

Son. Husband. Father.
Hey all so I was very interested in the Alaska cruise discussion and how Alaskan experience is enhanced with Disney Cruise Line.

For anyone who has sailed can you expand on this? The show kept mentioning this premium cruise is worth it but didn’t really expand on this point at all..???

Can anyone share their Disney Alaska Cruise experience and add onto what they were saying?

I went on the Norwegian Bliss and had an absolute phenomenal time...and I was going to look to book Alaska again soon.

Does the crusie do Alaska themeating/treats?

Do they offer specific theme activites based on Alaska?

Are there photographers on the ship when your passing the glacier allowing for family photos?

I just would like a more expanded discussion on the Alaskan experience with Disney.

I've only done Alaska once, so I can't compare to the other lines (I have been on the Bliss - in the Caribbean about a year ago. I know it was built specifically for Alaska and could see how it would be great with that Observation Lounge).

On DCL,

There are different character greets in their "Alaskan" outfits. And they do a lot of them out on deck (which they don't do in the Caribbean) with the mountains and such in the background (I believe many were Glacier day IIRC).

Instead of the usual Pirate night they do in the Caribbean, they do a Frozen night where it "snows".

Usually at dinner, there is at least one "regional inspiration" appetizer and entree.

Lots of Alaska-themed merch. They usually have a new logo for each year that is featured on a lot of the merch.

Thanx for asking this, @CampbellzSoup ! I had a lot of the same questions. I'm hoping to do Alaska in the next couple of years. Nice to know that DCL does the "Frozen themed stuff" - I will NOT be sailing them for SURE now! :rotfl2: I was actually thinking of the Bliss as well -NCL was one of the first (maybe even very first) to have the studio cabins, so a single person doens't have to pay the savage single supplement. And Bliss is one of the ships that offers them as well.

Hey all so I was very interested in the Alaska cruise discussion and how Alaskan experience is enhanced with Disney Cruise Line.

For anyone who has sailed can you expand on this? The show kept mentioning this premium cruise is worth it but didn’t really expand on this point at all..???

Can anyone share their Disney Alaska Cruise experience and add onto what they were saying?

I went on the Norwegian Bliss and had an absolute phenomenal time...and I was going to look to book Alaska again soon.

Does the crusie do Alaska themeating/treats?

Do they offer specific theme activites based on Alaska?

Are there photographers on the ship when your passing the glacier allowing for family photos?

I just would like a more expanded discussion on the Alaskan experience with Disney.
It's a premium cruise for DCL primarily because it has a relatively unique itinerary, instead of DCL's standard runs through the Caribbean & Bahamas. Alaska is a special place, and cruising it is special, especially onboard a Disney ship (if that's what you love to sail). If you were very happy cruising Alaska on another line, though, there really is no need to switch to Disney. It's all about personal preference, which line to sail on. One feature Ai liked in particular about how DCL does Alaska is that you sail in and out of Vancouver, which is an amazing city with lots to do.

On DCL, in addition to all of the traditional Disney theming, there is Alaska themed merchandise, as well. We bought a nice DCL Alaska themed throw blanket, and Mickey and Minnie dolls dressed in Alaskan gear, for example. There are meet and greets with all of the characters with them in Alaskan gear, too. Some of those character photos can be taken on the top deck on glacier day, yes.

There is a naturalist onboard who gives nature talks in the theater. There are some dishes in the MDR themed to Alaskan food. The party night is Frozen instead of Pirate, but beyond that, the cruise is not Frozen themed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter