!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DCL Fleet Expansion in 2011 & 2012 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Ed

Earning My Ears
I just saw breaking news right now that DCL will build 2 new ships, one will sail in 2011 and the other in 2012. Great news!

I saw it as Breaking News on CNBC about 5 minutes ago. Each ship is supposed to have 1,250 staterooms. They didn't say anything about itineraries yet.

A search of google news turned up nothing I'll keep checking

Here's one:
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070222/20070222005813.html?.v=1

Conceptartsm.jpg

Disney Announces Expansion of Successful Cruise Business
Thursday February 22, 1:00 pm ET
Two New Ships Will More Than Double Passenger Capacity

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS - News) plans to expand its successful cruise business by adding two new ocean liners, President and CEO Bob Iger announced today. Scheduled to launch in 2011 and 2012, the ships will more than double the passenger capacity for Disney Cruise Line to meet the sustained demand for Disney's family cruise vacations.

Source: The Walt Disney Company

· View Multimedia Gallery

The company signed a letter of intent with Meyer Werft shipyard, based in Papenburg, Germany, to negotiate a contract to build the 122,000-ton new cruise liners, which will be two decks taller than the existing 83,000-ton ships, the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder. Each ship will have 1,250 staterooms. Specific design plans and itineraries for the yet-unnamed ships are still in development and will be unveiled at a later date.

DCL4shipsFin-S.jpg

I think it's GREAT that they are sticking with the same design. I think that is one of the reasons that makes Disney so special!!

Looks like the west coast will be getting a ship!

I think it's GREAT that they are sticking with the same design. I think that is one of the reasons that makes Disney so special!!

Looks like the west coast will be getting a ship!

It totally agree. The picture on the Yahoo article were pretty interesting. Can't wait to see some specifics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter