DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

so other than the vaccination requirements its really the same as the UK cruises. People need to watch the UK Vlogs, a lot of the questions I see asked in this thread are answered in the Vlogs

I am updating this thread every day as new UK Vlogs come out Currently there are Vlogs from the two test cruises and the first two Liverpool cruises. They show everything from the welcome onboard announcement and new muster drill procedures, to the shows, the MDR's , Palo Brunch, the kids clubs, virtual queues , character meets, shopping and so much more. They show all the QR codes in the restaurants and bars, the games and trivia, Cabanas breakfast and lunch and MRD breakfast and lunch.

We as a family agreed no matter what the rules we were getting on the ship regardless. After 1 + year of sitting home, and the countdown clock on the refrig, we are going even if we have to wear a suit of armor.

For us the experience of being a family and not separate Mobile Phone Bubble individuals for a week is what we love, regardless of what ever amenities are available. We will make time for us and enjoy the ocean, beach, food and ship. We will look at this cruise a new experience to be shared.

We have always said that Disney is ridiculously expensive but they are the cream of the crop. When we get on the ship they will make it a great cruise.

I can't believe that I'm one of the few people REALLY UPSET by the fact that there is only 1 Broadway style production per sailing. I mean DCL cruise prices are insane to start with but the way I justify them is to think about what you would pay for a very good dinner and a Broadway show almost every night. This and the kid's club is what sets Disney apart from the other ships. Minus those two things and sailing is a NO GO for my family.
Different people have different priorities. I'm sure this bothers many people. As for why more aren't complaining about it here, it might be related to the fact that many of us are repeat cruisers who have already seen all or most of DCL's shows, and therefore won't mind seeing fewer of them for one cruise during the reopening period.

I can't believe that I'm one of the few people REALLY UPSET by the fact that there is only 1 Broadway style production per sailing.
That's a deal-breaker for me, but I can understand why some people don't care. Even though I've seen them plenty of times, the shows are a highlight for me. Limiting the kids clubs to 1 reservation per kid per day is also kind of a big deal for me too. Hopefully the reduced capacity sailings will help, but I'm curious how the other venues on the ship will be different with presumably a lot more kids there rather than in the clubs.

So I called Disney just now to cancel our January cruise after reviewing the protocols. I know a lot of people will be excited/happy about the new rules, but I am not. I’m very sad to cancel, But this will now force me to try other cruise lines which Ive wanted to do. Like a lot of others, I’ve been looking at the Edge.

The reason I’m posting is the reaction I got from the CM on the phone; when I started to share my displeasure at several aspects, she immediately told me she didn’t want to hear any negativity and we needed to talk about the positive. ( I am assuming this is something Disney told their CMs to keep it positive but at this exact moment I am feeling sad.) I told her I am the customer and had a right to share my thoughts, so she basically allowed me to say a few things but rushed me along and didn’t acknowledge. I am not rude or loud, so it bothered me that apparently Disney isn’t concerned about how I feel. (I know, big surprise.) I know I’m only one person in their sea of customers, but Ive been a loyal cruiser and I’m sad to be canceling my cruise. 😓

I understand your reasoning but as one who has 2 sailings booked in 2021 I don’t expect the policies in Nov to be identical to the ones in Sept. just like the policies at WDW are nothing like the ones 3 months ago.

this is what we know NOW. As they get cruises under their belt and see what happens things will relax as they have at WDW.

I'd be upset right there with you, except I predicted this and already kicked our sailing down the road.

I can't believe that I'm one of the few people REALLY UPSET by the fact that there is only 1 Broadway style production per sailing. I mean DCL cruise prices are insane to start with but the way I justify them is to think about what you would pay for a very good dinner and a Broadway show almost every night. This and the kid's club is what sets Disney apart from the other ships. Minus those two things and sailing is a NO GO for my family.

If you cruise without insurance, and the ship has to return due to a COVID outbreak that exceeds CDC guidelines, you simply lose your cruise with no refund, correct? Also, has anyone found info on the DCL website about protocols in this situation, specifically regarding quarantine requirements or other restrictions that might apply if an outbreak of this nature occurs onboard. I haven't found details about this yet, and these are important issues to us, so I would like to find out before making final decision about our upcoming cruise.

I understand your reasoning but as one who has 2 sailings booked in 2021 I don’t expect the policies in Nov to be identical to the ones in Sept. just like the policies at WDW are nothing like the ones 3 months ago.

this is what we know NOW. As they get cruises under their belt and see what happens things will relax as they have at WDW.
It will be interesting to see the differences in the post-November 1st sailings.

Good point. On the bright side, it should therefore be pretty easy to book if you want it.

As speaking as a outsider I also thought Cabanas would be easy to get on Castaway the first time I saw their pricing. I never wanted one but I was surprised people get concierge just to book that. So you might be surprised here? I am more likely to book 1 or 2 times that the whole area is private honestly where as last time we skipped it because its not relaxing being around a bunch of other people.

I can't believe that I'm one of the few people REALLY UPSET by the fact that there is only 1 Broadway style production per sailing.

We don't go until December so we will see what it is like and our sailing is 6 nights so I would expect there to be 2 shows at least. It would be a disappointment though to only have a single show. On the 4 night sailing I feel like they could have done a 2nd show but they likely passed on the idea to avoid making the sailing too different (also maybe a actors guild issue too).

If you cruise without insurance, and the ship has to return due to a COVID outbreak that exceeds CDC guidelines, you simply lose your cruise with no refund, correct?

This is the first I heard of this I will wait to hear more but this is the primary thing making me nervous now for our December cruise. Still a chance we cancel but it would be unrelated to any of the changes/requirements.

For all you that have cruises planned and are considering canceling, I would do the same.
those COVID tests are awful. If you have had one and it Didn’t make your eyes water then it was probably not done right.
i really wanted to bring my grands on a Merrytime cruise this year but if the restrictions are still in place for the kids clubs then that is a pass for us.
I also like the bingo hour. So fun ! But I am sure they will restrict or cancel that also.

imo, this news is not great. Sorry all, hopefully in a few months things will be better.

Maybe I missed this, but I have 2 questions on the policies.

What happens if your 11 year has a positive test? I know your whole travel party can't sail, but do you lose your money?

What if you have a child that is 12 years, 4 weeks old? Do you still have to pay the fees since there is no way for them to be fully vaccinated?

What happens if your 11 year has a positive test? I know your whole travel party can't sail, but do you lose your money?

The policy for the UK cruises is that if any of your party have a positive test, the whole party does not sail and the entire cost of the cruise is refunded.

What if you have a 10 year old child? Do they need to be tested or buy insurance or are there no requirements? Thanks!

At first glance, all the policy requirements are ok and reasonable for the most part.

The mask requirements, Kids Club and reduced activities onboard are a no go. Unless something changes by Nov, this will be a cancellation.

Let's see how strict they are at enforcing the mask rule. Sad truth is I just don't trust people.
Currently on The Disney Magic Cruises, mask enforcement is very high. The cm's are telling people to wear masks.

The other part that will hard for us is reserving only one kids club slot a day.

I'm not even sure when we can do that... Hopefully someone on the early August sailings who is also within 30 days can try and let us know
This is what is currently happening on the Magic UK cruises, people have managed just fine

is there a test after reading everything? Still on the virtual queues to get off at castaway. Wonder about those guest who don’t use smartphones.
Currently on The Disney Magic UK cruises paper menus are available on request but they recommend every uses the QR codes

Fish extenders are not permitted at this time!
This is the same as on The Disney Magic Uk cruises, no Fish Extender holders allowed outside the stateroom doors

Fireworks will be twice to accommodate everyone! You will be assigned a night to go see them
This is the same as The Disney Magic UK cruises. They have Freezing The Night Away Deck party and its scheduled twice, so that each MDR sitting can see it. There is limited capacity on the deck area, with designated spots where parties have to stand, or you can watch it from the upper deck area.

Up to basket ball deck closed to use as sunning deck. No ping pong. The list Goes on forever.
This is the same as on The Disney Magic UK cruises

I saw they aren't going to offer a nursery. This doesn't impact me but I imagine it would for some people.

yes, saw that, plus only once a day appt. at the kids clubs, except vibe & edge

Can you decorate your stateroom door?
Yes on The Disney Magic UK cruises people are decorating the stateroom doors

Rainforest Room will be a private experience for $174 per 105 minute session. 10 people in your party max. Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter