DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Years ago Disney did this for dinner to help with crowds.
Each restaurant started at different times.
For example
Animator’s 5:15, Royal Palace 5:30, Enchanted Garden 5:45.
I don’t think they would stager the times in each restaurants because that would mess up how they serve/how the food comes out of the kitchen.
But with covid rules who knows🤔

I think it’s naturally almost that staggered as people never get courses at identical times depending on their arrival/service teams ordering/neighboring tables arrival etc. we’ve had it where our apps are placed at the same time nearby tables have their entrees etc.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s like all left side/middle/right or tables of each at each time-

I havent read anything about the Cove, or any of the adult only area for that matter, so I can only deduct that nothing has changed. Would love to know for sure tho.
I still really want to understand the mechanics of limiting fireworks viewing by appointment. What, they're going to deny access to the upper open decks to those who don't have a reservation?

I still really want to understand the mechanics of limiting fireworks viewing by appointment. What, they're going to deny access to the upper open decks to those who don't have a reservation?
Sounds like it. There will probably be a wristband of a certain color or something like that.

Spend quality time with their parents.

I spend tons of quality time with my son. Vacation is for him too and frankly, he likes to do something other than the things we already do everyday together. He's and extrovert and LOVES playing at kids club - that's really the only reason we pay the premium for DCL. Take that away and he's back to doing the same things we do everyday together...so why cruise?

I spend tons of quality time with my son. Vacation is for him too and frankly, he likes to do something other than the things we already do everyday together. He's and extrovert and LOVES playing at kids club - that's really the only reason we pay the premium for DCL. Take that away and he's back to doing the same things we do everyday together...so why cruise?

We have the opposite situation. Our daughter never goes in the kids' clubs so the new protocol for that wouldn't affect us but considering how popular the clubs are, I can see that it will affect the majority of families.

If my kids were under 12 it would be a no-go for us too. My kids loved the Oceaneers Club. According to DCL"s website, there won't be any restrictions on the Vibe so we should be fine. I totally get where you coming from though.

I think they’re sanitising the bags - the guidance was the same on the UK sailings and that was why. What that involved I have no clue though.

I could see them using that electrostatic spray that they use in airplanes to treat bags...seems like it would be the quickest way for the number of bags they receive. What I don't understand is encouraging people to carry off their checked luggage.

MJ

I can't believe that I'm one of the few people REALLY UPSET by the fact that there is only 1 Broadway style production per sailing. I mean DCL cruise prices are insane to start with but the way I justify them is to think about what you would pay for a very good dinner and a Broadway show almost every night. This and the kid's club is what sets Disney apart from the other ships. Minus those two things and sailing is a NO GO for my family.
Yeah, I couldn't believe I was on page 6 or 7 of this thread before I saw mention of the shows. I was starting to think I dreamed that I read that and it wasn't real. The different shows are a huge thing for me and while only seeing one on a 3 night cruise might be easier to swallow, I can't imagine a 5 day or longer with just ONE show the entire time. And from the wording of how they're doing the same one multiple times to allow for social distancing, it sounds like there won't be any other type of entertainment in the large theater either - no magicians, comedians, etc... the type of thing you expected on the "other" nights for your show. It just sounds like a dearth of entertainment for the evenings to occupy some time outside of dinner.

Yeah, I couldn't believe I was on page 6 or 7 of this thread before I saw mention of the shows. I was starting to think I dreamed that I read that and it wasn't real. The different shows are a huge thing for me and while only seeing one on a 3 night cruise might be easier to swallow, I can't imagine a 5 day or longer with just ONE show the entire time. And from the wording of how they're doing the same one multiple times to allow for social distancing, it sounds like there won't be any other type of entertainment in the large theater either - no magicians, comedians, etc... the type of thing you expected on the "other" nights for your show. It just sounds like a dearth of entertainment for the evenings to occupy some time outside of dinner.
I think the protocols are just for the Dream. I don't think the one show is going to apply to Fantasy or longer cruises. The website says the protocols for the other ships will be released later.

I think the protocols are just for the Dream. I don't think the one show is going to apply to Fantasy or longer cruises. The website says the protocols for the other ships will be released later.
Oooh, ok. Thank you! I guess I missed that part. I guess I'm lucky in that we don't sail until December and there will be a lot of feedback by then. I guess it's just more wait-and-see for the other ships, though I'm guessing at least some of this might be the same. I'm really ok with most of it - the one show thing and the lack of traditional character photos (though understandable) was the thing bumming me out. If we can get even just a second show on a 5 night, that would push me toward going rather than canceling and I'll make do with the distanced photos.

the staycations on the magic have the kids clubs open but not the nursery and they have shows every night do not sure why things are so different on the dream. but definitely wouldn't cruise with all the restrictions

We have the opposite situation. Our daughter never goes in the kids' clubs so the new protocol for that wouldn't affect us but considering how popular the clubs are, I can see that it will affect the majority of families.

similar to my granddaughters, now 14 & 16, they stopped going to the clubs several cruises ago. They did not care for the kids clubs at all. They are almost platinum now, and have done edge & vibe, but prefer not hanging there. Riding the aqua duck or lounging with mom is fine now. Generally I find the 14 year old in the movie theater.

I can’t confirm, but I’m on the august 30 cruise and someone posted that they were told beauty & beast and believe would be shown on the 4 night.

I could see them using that electrostatic spray that they use in airplanes to treat bags...seems like it would be the quickest way for the number of bags they receive. What I don't understand is encouraging people to carry off their checked luggage.

MJ

The only thing that I think of is to avoid crowds around the "baggage claim"

The only thing that I think of is to avoid crowds around the "baggage claim"

Maybe but I never remember baggage claim being over run with people. Now, the line for customs and passport control was always very long but they could probably space the line more, especially since they are having staggered disembarkation times (after breakfast).

MJ

the staycations on the magic have the kids clubs open but not the nursery and they have shows every night do not sure why things are so different on the dream
The UK Staycations have 1 Broadway-style show, with socially-diastanced seating and guests had to reserve their spot. Plus there may be 1 or 2 other entertainers performing depending on the length of the cruise. So, yes, shows every night but not all guests can attend a show every night. Same as the Dream. Nothing has come out about longer sailings from the US.

The nursery and kids clubs on the Dream are doing the same as on the Magic -- nursery closed and reserving a spot at the Oceaneers Club/Lab each day; Edge and Vibe are open. What is it you think is "so different" on the Dream?

Last edited:
Canceled mine too until masks are optional we already all did our part and got fully vaccinated. For the staff and maybe kids who can’t get access to it yet (which why take them on a cruise of all things…????) but no way for me. Respect to all those who still want to go, enjoy!

Has anyone heard anything on the status of the Dream’s Pirate Night & Halloween events?

I know the deck party is on hiatus but not sure if all of pirate night is on hiatus as well…

ours is a Halloween cruise-so curious on those events as well..

trying to plan outfits/face masks and not sure what to expect 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter