DCL Increases Adult Dining Prices Across the Fleet

Our Remy dinner was the highlight of our last cruise on the Dream, and I think even at the new price point it's worth it. Same with Palo dinner on the Wonder. I don't think Palo brunch is worth it now, without the buffet, but even with it, you really had to go hard on the shellfish or order the more expensive entrees to get that value out of the meal. If we cruise a big ship again, Remy dinner will be a priority. Palo not so much.

gometros - this is our experience as well; sailing in September and booked Remy in late June; still showing up as $125. I also thought I read on dclfan that if you booked before July 11th, the prices would be honored.

Yeah, it says that prices will be honored in the announcement.

Does the dream offer a dessert only option? I’ll be on a five night with two days at sea. I was hoping to give it a try. If they have it, does anyone know how much it would cost a person?

Does the dream offer a dessert only option? I’ll be on a five night with two days at sea. I was hoping to give it a try. If they have it, does anyone know how much it would cost a person?
I just booked for the Southern Caribbean and it was $65 pp

Booking window just opened, and yeah, brunch is $50...I snagged it, not sure if we'll keep it though.

Yes, there is a Remy dessert experience which is $60/pp.

The only adult dining that I've seen that's difficult to get is Palo's brunch which has gone downhill since they took away the buffet part in my opinion. I've said it in other threads that if it wasn't for being comped Palos we wouldn't pay extra for it. Cruises were originally marketed as meals being included with the cruise fare now that seems to be disappearing.
I just experienced Palo Brunch this past week for the first time, and so while I never experienced the buffet, I can't understand the criticism that it's gone because, as near as I can tell, you can get everything and then some that was on the old buffet. Pancakes and waffles were still available on the menu, as was the pizza. We had the meat charcuterie board, soup, a pizza, two different entrees and desserts. The waiter offered to bring us more if we wanted, but as it stood, I had eaten WAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much as it was. It was well worth the $45 charge ... or $50 now. It was an amazing meal.

I just experienced Palo Brunch this past week for the first time, and so while I never experienced the buffet, I can't understand the criticism that it's gone because, as near as I can tell, you can get everything and then some that was on the old buffet. Pancakes and waffles were still available on the menu, as was the pizza. We had the meat charcuterie board, soup, a pizza, two different entrees and desserts. The waiter offered to bring us more if we wanted, but as it stood, I had eaten WAAAAAAAAAYYYY too much as it was. It was well worth the $45 charge ... or $50 now. It was an amazing meal.
I have done Palo brunch 3 times (free) post Covid and I will tell you the old buffet had a lot more choices than it's present form.

I have done Palo brunch 3 times (free) post Covid and I will tell you the old buffet had a lot more choices than it's present form.
Indeed. Multiple chilled seafood, including two different seared tunas, scallops, shrimp, smoked salmon. Caviar. Various pickled or marinated veggies, including mushrooms, artichoke hearts, asparagus, tomato salad, etc. Many different cheeses, including a wonderful parmesan (with a really good balsamic to drizzle on top), charcuteri, a nice selection of breads, croissants, and cinnamon rolls. An extensive dessert buffet. The plated seafood and charcuteri appetizers present a minimalist selection from the former buffet. The entree choices are pretty much the same as pre-Covid, but we feasted on the buffet and barely sampled the entrees from the menu. It was never about the quantity of food available for us. We really enjoyed the variety available on the buffet.

Re buffet, Also besides providing much more choices on the buffet that is not on the brunch menu, it was a lot easier to just be able to go around the buffet and take what you wanted without having to ask the wait staff to bring something.

A lot of people get Palo free and the restaurant is usually only half full or less. I don’t think they have the staff to run at full capacity. Last time I ate there on the Wish our server only had one table and that was us. Maybe five tables were occupied. Yet it was sold out.
it wasnt sold out. reservations are being heldback for one bedroom and concierge level guests's as thewell as platinum level that didn't make a resevation before hand. the c ost increase is because most guest don't pay for palo anymore

Indeed. Multiple chilled seafood, including two different seared tunas, scallops, shrimp, smoked salmon. Caviar. Various pickled or marinated veggies, including mushrooms, artichoke hearts, asparagus, tomato salad, etc. Many different cheeses, including a wonderful parmesan (with a really good balsamic to drizzle on top), charcuteri, a nice selection of breads, croissants, and cinnamon rolls. An extensive dessert buffet. The plated seafood and charcuteri appetizers present a minimalist selection from the former buffet. The entree choices are pretty much the same as pre-Covid, but we feasted on the buffet and barely sampled the entrees from the menu. It was never about the quantity of food available for us. We really enjoyed the variety available on the buffet.
Exactly and I found this video from 10 years ago describing how great it used to be.

it wasnt sold out. reservations are being heldback for one bedroom and concierge level guests's as thewell as platinum level that didn't make a resevation before hand. the c ost increase is because most guest don't pay for palo anymore
I’m not disputing that a lot of guests get a complementary Palo dining experience, but I disagree that most guests don’t pay for Palo anymore. And suggesting that the cost increase is due to the complementary meals implies that those who are paying are subsidizing the free meals being eaten by those platinum and pearl guests. I suspect the price increases simply reflect the cost of providing the upscale dining experience in these inflationary times.

We’re pearl, so we get a Palo meal. We also routinely book both brunch and dinner on the longer cruises that we favor, so we always pay for one of those each cruise. Even eating dinner at Palo, I’ve never done the prix fixe menu (although DW has), and routinely spend substantially more than the $45 (soon to be $50) complementary value on my dinner. It doesn’t take much to do that, since I prefer the ciuppin soup, the rack of lamb, and the amaretto souffle. On the WBPC this coming October, we’ll do both, and our adult son who will also be on that sailing will likely join us. Since he’s only silver, he’ll be paying for his meals at Palo, assuming we can add him to our reservation once we’re onboard.

I’m not disputing that a lot of guests get a complementary Palo dining experience, but I disagree that most guests don’t pay for Palo anymore. And suggesting that the cost increase is due to the complementary meals implies that those who are paying are subsidizing the free meals being eaten by those platinum and pearl guests. I suspect the price increases simply reflect the cost of providing the upscale dining experience in these inflationary times.

We’re pearl, so we get a Palo meal. We also routinely book both brunch and dinner on the longer cruises that we favor, so we always pay for one of those each cruise. Even eating dinner at Palo, I’ve never done the prix fixe menu (although DW has), and routinely spend substantially more than the $45 (soon to be $50) complementary value on my dinner. It doesn’t take much to do that, since I prefer the ciuppin soup, the rack of lamb, and the amaretto souffle. On the WBPC this coming October, we’ll do both, and our adult son who will also be on that sailing will likely join us. Since he’s only silver, he’ll be paying for his meals at Palo, assuming we can add him to our reservation once we’re onboard.
It's not just inflation. If Palo was $20 in 2013, then it would be about $26 now if inflation were the only driver behind the price increases. The rest is coming from elsewhere.

Here's the problem for me. Like most Disney fans, I'll pitch a fit and complain to no end about Disney hiking their prices and that it's not worth it anymore. And then when the time comes, I put on my rose-colored Disney glasses and end up paying the price.

I have a 1-bedroom suite on the Fantasy for April 2024. I complained when the price of a cabana went up, but I know I'll put my name in and hope I get one when the clock strikes midnight on my booking day. I hate that the Palo brunch is no longer a buffet and that the prices are more. But when the time comes, since I'm not a big fan of the food quality in the MDRs (personal choice and very subjective) I'll book a Palo brunch and dinner for two nights. I love Remy, but not this price increase, but I'll book a Remy brunch and one night for dinner and may even book a second night.

Here's the problem for me. Like most Disney fans, I'll pitch a fit and complain to no end about Disney hiking their prices and that it's not worth it anymore. And then when the time comes, I put on my rose-colored Disney glasses and end up paying the price.

I have a 1-bedroom suite on the Fantasy for April 2024. I complained when the price of a cabana went up, but I know I'll put my name in and hope I get one when the clock strikes midnight on my booking day. I hate that the Palo brunch is no longer a buffet and that the prices are more. But when the time comes, since I'm not a big fan of the food quality in the MDRs (personal choice and very subjective) I'll book a Palo brunch and dinner for two nights. I love Remy, but not this price increase, but I'll book a Remy brunch and one night for dinner and may even book a second night.
Honestly, I find the dining increases to be relatively negligible. If higher and higher cruise fares don't keep me away from sailing, why would I skip the best restaurants in the ship because of a $5-10 price increase?

That's the way I look at it, anyway.

Honestly, I find the dining increases to be relatively negligible. If higher and higher cruise fares don't keep me away from sailing, why would I skip the best restaurants in the ship because of a $5-10 price increase?

That's the way I look at it, anyway.
I bet that Disney sees it the same way! Free money.

I really miss the grape and gorgonzola pizza! But I think that was gone even before they did away with the buffet.

You can still request the pizza!! I got it in May on the Wonder, no problem!!!

We had it in May on the Magic. I think I like some of the other flavors better but @Clarkson U also reported eating it recently on the Magic and said it was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter