DCL Navigator App Chat Feature

TheSpooph

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

My family is getting ready to board the Dream in a few days and I had a question.

Right now, I am the only one with a Disney account. I created everyone’s reservations since I am the Disney nut in the family. Now that it’s close to cruise time, we are all trying to setup our DCL Navigator apps. When you first open the app, it asks for your Disney account. Does this mean that everyone needs to create an account? They would love to avoid that, if possible.

Thanks for the help!

The app on land behaves differently than it does when you are on the ship. When you board the ship, you do not use your typical Disney account. Each person will create an account for the cruise on their devices. You use your birth date and name. Then, the app is able to link it up to your reservation. No need to have everyone create accounts!

Enjoy your cruise!

The app on land behaves differently than it does when you are on the ship. When you board the ship, you do not use your typical Disney account. Each person will create an account for the cruise on their devices. You use your birth date and name. Then, the app is able to link it up to your reservation. No need to have everyone create accounts!

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you!! I was hoping that’s how it would be.

Since the app changed, we have everyone logged in through our email address and password so they can see the countdown.

Enjoy your cruise!
Does this still work since the update? Previously you didn't need an account even to see the countdown.

Recent cruisers — does the chat feature work better onboard? We have struggled with reliability on past cruises.

Does this still work since the update? Previously you didn't need an account even to see the countdown.
Recent cruisers — does the chat feature work better onboard? We have struggled with reliability on past cruises.

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday. When we were in the terminal, I was frustrated because I had to login multiple times. I thought I was going to hate the update to the app.

Once we were on the ship, the behavior of the app changed. You did not have to login. To use the chat, you had to link your reservation by using your birth date and name.

Chat worked ok. There were still some delays at times. We also tried iMessages. There were delays with that too!

We were on the Fantasy just before the app updated. As a tip, before everyone scatters after boarding, make sure your family members have enabled the app and sent a test message to each other. Then you don't have one person you can't reach until dinner because they scampered off before exchanging messages. Also remember for younger ones that might not have their own phone, old phones that have wifi but aren't enabled as phones work well, and if they have a camera, too, then that's nice for them to take pictures of whatever they want to. It's fun to get home and see the cruise through their eyes (camera).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter