DCL Onboard Restricted Items Policy Updates: Decorations, Ducks and Ashes and More

There is still no good reason Disney has not made an official statement (including adding the word "placing" since some people are caught up on it) and emailed it to all guests with cruises booked. I have two coming up in the next 4 months and not a word sent from Disney

There is still no good reason Disney has not made an official statement (including adding the word "placing" since some people are caught up on it) and emailed it to all guests with cruises booked. I have two coming up in the next 4 months and not a word sent from Disney
Well, in reality, it's on the customer to keep up if there are any changes. The contract basically doesn't guarantee that the cruise you book is actually the cruise you wind up taking. They can change dates/times/ports as they deem necessary.

The ducks are totally out of control. 120 ducks? Give me a break. This is a Disney Cruise, not a duck cruise.

Keep in mind DCL considered designing the whole ship like a giant duck, and even Michael Eisner decided to reject that...

This is a premium environment, with plenty of fun activities for kids and families to do.... These influencers have their own motivations, and DCL is wise to put a stop to this.

Well, in reality, it's on the customer to keep up if there are any changes. The contract basically doesn't guarantee that the cruise you book is actually the cruise you wind up taking. They can change dates/times/ports as they deem necessary.
I understand the cruise contract. I’m just saying this is not fair to their crew and cast members to ask them to deal with enforcing a rule that DCL has not been clear with or shared with most of the guests.

Disney could make this easier on their crew by being very public about their stance, including clear language, and emailing all those with cruises booked.

1) Just got off Disney Fantasy 6weeks ago -
Saw way too many cabin doors decorated well beyond the door frame …with a TA name and phone number on numerous magnets....... 2) Yes , I tried to do something nice for kids and I hid 84 ducks in plain sight … was fun but not doing that again for multiple reasons.......
3) Also had a pin trading board on the outside of my cabin door but way too many people were trading for my pins and leaving cheap ones in their place . Stopped doing that after 3 days …
So yes, I’m all for these “new changes “ if they are enforced since what I saw on the Fantasy Nov 11-18 was imo excessive, selfish and overly aggressive …especially on the rubber duck department.
🤪
(Acting about as bad as Someone wanting one of those Stanley Cup cups …)🙃
….and yes, I have a popcorn cart at home and people need to get over it about popcorn buckets as well as the ‘Beer Token’ issue as well …🤪🙃
Just my opinion -
Y’all are more than welcomed to disagree

You know, I never got the appeal of the whole duck thing but for the most part was the reconciled to it. But reading all the rude entitled posts on my social media groups for my next two cruises makes me hope they post ducks on the prohibited item list and start confiscating these dang things in luggage before they ever arrive on the ship.

It seems the internet consensus is to heck with disney’s concerns about safety and overworked CMs, everyone is still going to hide ducks anyway because they want to have their fun no matter what.

Now I’m a rule abiding person, and this attitude makes me furious. Therefore, I will henceforth be looking for ducks and depositing any I see in the nearest garbage bin. Maybe I can help make a little less work for CMs who work their tails off to give us amazing vacations and don’t need to spend hours picking up spoiled guests’ plastic-happy-meal-toy-quality-nonbiodegradable-garbage.

You know, I never got the appeal of the whole duck thing but for the most part was the reconciled to it. But reading all the rude entitled posts on my social media groups for my next two cruises makes me hope they post ducks on the prohibited item list and start confiscating these dang things in luggage before they ever arrive on the ship.

It seems the internet consensus is to heck with disney’s concerns about safety and overworked CMs, everyone is still going to hide ducks anyway because they want to have their fun no matter what.

Now I’m a rule abiding person, and this attitude makes me furious. Therefore, I will henceforth be looking for ducks and depositing any I see in the nearest garbage bin. Maybe I can help make a little less work for CMs who work their tails off to give us amazing vacations and don’t need to spend hours picking up spoiled guests’ plastic-happy-meal-toy-quality-nonbiodegradable-garbage.
After what I experienced on the Disney Fantasy November 11-18th,
IMO you’ve started a trend !
Thank you as I too when I see a rubber duck etc , I will throw them away -
….and I keep odd hours

I still believe that someone should start a petition to ban all rubber ducks on all DCL ships.

I, too, will be throwing away all ducks I see onboard.
I think if parents want to bring ducks as bath toys for use in the room...that should be fine. And as fish extender gifts, fine as well. (Though I'm also of the opinion that with as militaristic as some FE organizers have become, Disney should reinstate the FE ban as well.)

Just got off the Dream this morning. We did not hide ducks or do FE or anything other than a couple of magnets with our names on them (makes it easier for parents with a touch of dementia to find our staterooms!) We’ve enjoyed FE when my son was younger.

My son did find 10 ducks (actually more, but he left duplicates in place). We also watched a CM pick up and pocket a duck. Also had a chat with the DVC desk and they confirmed that all crew had been officially instructed that morning to pick up any and all ducks they found onboard.

If half or more of the ducks you “hide” are going in the garbage, is that not enough of a reason to stop doing it? (One would think the environment is enough of a reason, but…)

This is the reason why the crew are having a hard time on board with this, these people and the ones in the comments are pretending like these are rumours when it’s written policy for us, and then Cast Members shoreside telling them they can still do this while we’re specifically told on board to remove ducks that are found.

Life is already a bit difficult working on board and we just want to help guests and not waste their time and crew time cleaning ducks and it’s just so discouraging when our experience is treated like lies by these people 😞

Attachments

• IMG_2542.jpeg
    IMG_2542.jpeg
    59.9 KB · Views: 117
This is the reason why the crew are having a hard time on board with this, these people and the ones in the comments are pretending like these are rumours when it’s written policy for us, and then Cast Members shoreside telling them they can still do this while we’re specifically told on board to remove ducks that are found.

Life is already a bit difficult working on board and we just want to help guests and not waste their time and crew time cleaning ducks and it’s just so discouraging when our experience is treated like lies by these people 😞
Im not surprised. During the restart in 2020, Disney outright banned FE and had it on their website, but even here on Disboards, there were people who put their FE out and blatantly disregarded Disneys rules.

These groups have such an inflated sense of entitlement , and are so militant and unaware of how their actions impacts others.

Please give a big across the miles internet hug to your onboard friends who have passenger facing roles and have to deal direct with these , ugh, dont even have the words to describe them :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter