• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Onboard Restricted Items Policy Updates: Decorations, Ducks and Ashes and More

A few ducks is cute, but it gets overdone, imho, just as FE has gotten to be too big a deal. People packing extra suitcases of stuff, just not our jam.
I was concerned about some of the tiny ducks being hidden on our last cruise. Totally a choking hazard in the wrong hands.

A few ducks is cute, but it gets overdone, imho, just as FE has gotten to be too big a deal. People packing extra suitcases of stuff, just not our jam.
I was concerned about some of the tiny ducks being hidden on our last cruise. Totally a choking hazard in the wrong hands.
That's always been my thought. I've heard of people bringing extra suitcases just for ducks/pixie dust/FE stuff. To each their own, of course, but for me, that just sounds like a lot of extra work to pack all that and then haul it to/from the airport, etc. So I think for me that's been a big deterrent in participating in any of that.

That's always been my thought. I've heard of people bringing extra suitcases just for ducks/pixie dust/FE stuff. To each their own, of course, but for me, that just sounds like a lot of extra work to pack all that and then haul it to/from the airport, etc. So I think for me that's been a big deterrent in participating in any of that.
I agree about the ones who pack an extra suitcase, but it doesn't particularly bother me that people do FEs. I've done them and they were fun. If someone wants to bring an extra suitcase, maybe that's their way of having fun.

I agree about the ones who pack an extra suitcase, but it doesn't particularly bother me that people do FEs. I've done them and they were fun. If someone wants to bring an extra suitcase, maybe that's their way of having fun.
I agree. Each to his own, as long as it's not harming anyone else. I do remember someone being shocked that I packed some of my FE gifts to be given in our checked luggage. There's only so much I can carry on, especially if I am bringing my camera and equipment. No one am I checking expensive and fragile camera equipment.

On my cruise meet Facebook group an Admin deleted any and all comments I made that this is no longer allowed and has said she plans to continue to hide ducks until she's told in person by a crew member that she has to stop. When I asked why my comments were deleted she said it was because I was "repetitive." Make it make sense!
Why I do not join FB group!

Cuz "you're not the boss of me!". Sometimes I feel like the more something is discouraged, the more people will do it just to prove that.
this and also "I" dont see a problem with it, you just want to spoil "my" fun and enjoyment, its not harming anyone.... meanwhile the cruise ship gets a mark on their health and safety report as the inspector finds a duck at of the lifeboats

If this change was due to a serious safety concern, then I would hope that the wording would've been much stronger and more widely distributed.

I dont understand why DCL would need to justify their rules. Yes people that understand the why are more likely to follow the rules but by getting on rhe ship you agree to follow their rules and if that rule is that it is forbidden to wear Pink clothing for dinner then you wont be allowed to wear Pink for dinner and if the rule is no hising/putting stuff to be found I dont get why its so hard to not put ducks in public areas….

I still don't understand why they charge for popcorn. Princess manages to include it...
I've assumed it is because the popcorn is to go with the movies, and they don't want kids running around constantly asking for popcorn and spilling it all over the ship. but it could just be that they're cheap.

I dont understand why DCL would need to justify their rules. Yes people that understand the why are more likely to follow the rules but by getting on rhe ship you agree to follow their rules and if that rule is that it is forbidden to wear Pink clothing for dinner then you wont be allowed to wear Pink for dinner and if the rule is no hising/putting stuff to be found I dont get why its so hard to not put ducks in public areas….
I don't think anyone is saying that they have to justify it. But if they don't allow pink at dinner but don't send out an email or post it on the website, people are going to wear pink, especially if wearing pink was been a thing in past cruises. And if wearing pink was an actual safety concern relying on criusers happening to see it on a fan board would be scary.

Just off the Dream this morning. I can confirm that they refilled our old popcorn bucket without issue. Of course YMMV.
Just off the Fantasy yesterday. They filled my older bucket and my friends multiple times with out issue. And as the PP said... YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter