DCL Party Planning Thread (combined threads)

Where you asked to Host DCL party?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mimusco@aol.com

Earning My Ears
Just got an email this morning from DCL for Hosting a DCL party on Jan 26th.
They are looking for 1000 families to host a party that day. Would that be a day of special announcments for special places for the crusise line. Anyone else get this email?

They are looking for 1000 families to host a party that day. Would that be a day of special announcments for special places for the crusise line. Anyone else get this email?

I did not receive and I don't know the significance of Jan 26th but I would do it in a hearbeat!!!

All indications are that they are to release the new 2009 itineraries sometime the first two weeks of December....maybe they have something else up their sleeve....

Could you post the e-mail or PM me with it. I would love to do something like this and was actually going to host a DCL party for our cruise!!!

I would LOVE to do this as well. I'm always telling everyone how magical DCL is. It would be fun to turn it into a party.

I'd love the info by PM as well.

Thanks

Is this just limited to USA?

Our family would love to do this - can you forward me the info also please.

I can't understand why I NEVER get any communications from DCL. I have cruised DCL 16 times, I am regisered at the DCL site, disney shopping .com, plus a bunch of other Disney sites but our name never gets on a list for promos or any of the Casaway Club mailings....I don't get it.

We even cruised the Maiden Voyage of the MAGIC so we have been hooked from literally day one!!!! You would think they would want to recognize those loyal cruisers!!!!

This is something I could easily do.....I could easily get over 50 people at our house for a DCL party!!!

Come on DCL....send me an email!!!!

Here is the email and the link to apply for the house party.

To ensure delivery of Disney Destinations, LLC emails to your inbox, please take a moment to add disney@vacation.disneyworld.com to your email address book or safe list. Click here to view this email through your web browser.

Host a Disney Cruise Line® House Party™ Saturday, January 26, 2008

Share the Magic.
Host a Disney Cruise Line® House Party!

Here is your chance to share your fondest cruise memories with family and friends in true Disney style.

Disney Cruise Line® is looking for 1,000 of our biggest fans to host a Disney Cruise Line® House Party on Saturday, January 26, 2008.

What is a House Party? It's a party hosted in your home where you get to share an experience you love with people wanting to learn more...with all the fun and socializing of a party!

Don't worry, we'll help make it easy and entertaining by providing online planning tools and a fantastic party package that will help turn a cold winter day into a tropical island party (and some special Disney pixie dust too!) And since it's a Disney Cruise Line® House Party, you know everyone will have an amazing time.

http://www.houseparty.com/disneycruiseline

Space is limited, so apply today!

What is houseparty.com?

houseparty.com connects people through parties. Use the helpful tools to plan your party, create invites, join sponsored events, share pictures and video, and explore thousands of parties being held in homes around the country.

Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form.
This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion event sent to:If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC or other Disney entities, advertising or promoting Disney Cruise Line® products or services, click here.
Disney Destinations, LLC
Attn: Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
©Disney

Free Cruise Clocks

Free Cruise Clocks

I am not sure that is a DCL email. The link does not take you to a Disney site. All disney sites include "disney.go.com." This could very well be a phishing scam that uses pieces of disney emails. Kinda like the EBAY phishing scams. I would be very careful of anything I tell people on this site. Also who is the sender of the email.

I think it's a trustworthy website... but your right, be careful with private info...
This was a link I copied at the bottom of the email...not sure what HABEAS SAFELISTED is but this is what it said:

November 20, 2007 6:02:31 PSTHouseparty is Habeas SafeListed
Habeas is a reputation services provider that conducts thorough best practices assessments, whitelisting, and monitoring programs for senders of legitimate email. This sender meets Habeas SafeList Requirements by demonstrating trustworthy email practices.

Each of this sender's IP addresses listed below is included in the Habeas SafeList, a list of legitimate emailers recognized by nearly five million receiving networks and Internet service providers around the world.

SafeListed IP address(es): Associated domains:
houseparty.com
housepartyinc.cmail1.com

If you have concerns about the email practices of this sender please fill out our feedback form.

For more information on Habeas services, visit www.habeas.com.
Copyright © 2007 Habeas Inc. All rights reserved.

I also got this, too bad we will be getting OFF the Magic that day...lol.. I know, poor us:rotfl:

To me, this came from Disney Destinations, who then sent me to a 3rd party. This is what my header on the email said:

To ensure delivery of Disney Destinations, LLC emails to your inbox, please take a moment to add disney@vacation.disneyworld.com to your email address book or safe list

Here is the email and the link to apply for the house party.

To ensure delivery of Disney Destinations, LLC emails to your inbox, please take a moment to add disney@vacation.disneyworld.com to your email address book or safe list. Click here to view this email through your web browser.

Host a Disney Cruise Line® House Party™ Saturday, January 26, 2008

Share the Magic.
Host a Disney Cruise Line® House Party!

Here is your chance to share your fondest cruise memories with family and friends in true Disney style.

Disney Cruise Line® is looking for 1,000 of our biggest fans to host a Disney Cruise Line® House Party on Saturday, January 26, 2008.

What is a House Party? It's a party hosted in your home where you get to share an experience you love with people wanting to learn more...with all the fun and socializing of a party!

Don't worry, we'll help make it easy and entertaining by providing online planning tools and a fantastic party package that will help turn a cold winter day into a tropical island party (and some special Disney pixie dust too!) And since it's a Disney Cruise Line® House Party, you know everyone will have an amazing time.

http://www.houseparty.com/disneycruiseline

Space is limited, so apply today!

What is houseparty.com?

houseparty.com connects people through parties. Use the helpful tools to plan your party, create invites, join sponsored events, share pictures and video, and explore thousands of parties being held in homes around the country.

Please do not reply to this email. If you wish to contact us, click here to access our online feedback form.
This email is a commercial advertisement or promotion event sent to:If you do not want to receive future commercial emails at this email address from Disney Destinations, LLC or other Disney entities, advertising or promoting Disney Cruise Line® products or services, click here.
Disney Destinations, LLC
Attn: Email Compliance
1375 Buena Vista Drive
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
©Disney

Free Cruise Clocks

Free Cruise Clocks

Thanks so Much! I just registered. I hope we're chosen

Being in the IT security profession, its my job to distrust this stuff. I distrust anything written in the body of the email. I would only look at the sender in the actual "from" box and then only at the address. Everything else can be altered to fit the sender's needs. The EBAY phishing scams have all the right headers and "Secure site" footer to them too. Trust only the "From" address and then look at it carefully.

If the "From" is a disney.go.com address, good luck on your entry.

Just called DCL and this is a valid site. The email is being sent to Castaway Club members.

Sorry for the lecture, but I see so much of this stuff daily that you distrust it all.

To me it sounds like "Have all your friends over so you can push them to book a Disney Cruise"...kind of like a Tupperwear Party for DCL. It's not something I would be interested in and I would question the authenticity of it.

I got it yesterday too. The 19th. If you read through all of the terms and agreements, it is not DISNEY that is asking. It is a company called "House Parties" that taps into little circles and have them to through parties that they do some type of screen production with. I am sure it is 100% legal, but not put on by DCL. I have been a little held back by providnig them with so much information. So I think I will pass. :surfweb:

I received this as well. But I am a member of the site that does the hosting of these parties. If you go to their website, you can see the info about a past party for Hershey's Cacoa reserve. It was legit, we did it. And we got a lot of stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter