DCL Port Canaveral to WDW

TheJLiz

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are planning on taking the dcl transfer from port to wdw after cruise but would like to know the process and if it gets you to wdw before noon. If you have done it, how has your experience been? We are a family of four with two kids 12 and 8 months, thanks!

Hello, we are planning on taking the dcl transfer from port to wdw after cruise but would like to know the process and if it gets you to wdw before noon. If you have done it, how has your experience been? We are a family of four with two kids 12 and 8 months, thanks!
The process worked very well for us. Off the ship around 8:00, on the bus and waiting til around 9:00. Arrived at CSR around 10:45 or so...we were the 2nd drop off. It was very cost effective for us and efficient.

We have done this twice. We had early breakfast, off the ship by 8:30, bus to Boardwalk (first stop each time), arrived between 10:15 and 10:30 each time.

We have found the dcl transport to be worth the price especially with young kids that require car seats. Its very convenient and worth the price for us.
Last two times we used dcl transports we didnt rush off the ship and were at our hotel at or before 11am. I wouldnt book anything in the parks until after 1230 or 1pm as there could be delays and you still need time to drop your bags off at bell services and get to the parks.

When arriving at the resorts, do they usually have room available or not?

How much is it per person?

When arriving at the resorts, do they usually have room available or not?

How much is it per person?
Sometimes. But, you can leave your bags with the valet, and they will text you when your room is ready (usually you can have them put your bags in your room while you're gone).

DCL transfers are $39 per person, one way, port to resort.

We absolutely loved taking the transfers. It was our first time taking them and we weren't entirely sure what to expect, honestly. On your final night you should get a paper in your stateroom outlining how you have paid for the transfers and what time the bus will leave, however, we found that there was obviously more than one bus going there, which the paper doesn't specify. We guessed that they only told you about the absolute latest time to get on a bus, which I believe is 9am.

On the final morning we opted not to do breakfast, we had like the 7:15am seating in Royal Palace and instead did the self walk-off with our bags, opting not to leave them outside of our door either, at around 7am, or whenever they cleared the ship to dock. We were seated on a bus probably around 7:30am with the bus itself leaving by 8am. It was a relatively full bus. I'm not sure how they necessarily sort everyone, or if they even do, but we were going to AoA with others on the same bus going to the Epcot/Hollywood Studio resorts.

Our stop was the last one but we were in the lobby by at least 9:30am and were able to check in. After we finished checking in, we put our bags with the bell services, organizing them to take what we wanted to the parks, and then actually stepped inside of Epcot probably by 10:45am. I had actually moved up our first FP, modifying them as we were on the transfers to the resort, since I didn't actually imagine that we'd be off the ship and heading towards the resort as quickly as we were.

Also, when checking in, we had the option to either take a Lion King Family Suite that moment we were checking in or wait until the standard afternoon time to wait for a Finding Nemo Family Suite, which we put in our request (we had to get the general-theme-assigned-when-you-arrive Family Suite because of Free Dining). So a room was available for us if we wanted to take it, but it would obviously depend on your resort and how many people are staying there.

We were a party of 7, 6 adults and 1 child aged 2, but felt that the transfers were easy to use and very convenient and would definitely use them again the next time we do a Disney Cruise and Disney World. Just make sure you have your paperwork, I think it's that letter they give you, to show that you paid for the transfers because they'll ask to see it before you get on the bus.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences! We still haven’t decided where we’ll stay post cruise, but our two options are animal Kingdom Lodge with animal kingdom on the first day or Copper Creek villas and Magic Kingdom that first day.

We absolutely loved taking the transfers. It was our first time taking them and we weren't entirely sure what to expect, honestly. On your final night you should get a paper in your stateroom outlining how you have paid for the transfers and what time the bus will leave, however, we found that there was obviously more than one bus going there, which the paper doesn't specify. We guessed that they only told you about the absolute latest time to get on a bus, which I believe is 9am.

On the final morning we opted not to do breakfast, we had like the 7:15am seating in Royal Palace and instead did the self walk-off with our bags, opting not to leave them outside of our door either, at around 7am, or whenever they cleared the ship to dock. We were seated on a bus probably around 7:30am with the bus itself leaving by 8am. It was a relatively full bus. I'm not sure how they necessarily sort everyone, or if they even do, but we were going to AoA with others on the same bus going to the Epcot/Hollywood Studio resorts.

Our stop was the last one but we were in the lobby by at least 9:30am and were able to check in. After we finished checking in, we put our bags with the bell services, organizing them to take what we wanted to the parks, and then actually stepped inside of Epcot probably by 10:45am. I had actually moved up our first FP, modifying them as we were on the transfers to the resort, since I didn't actually imagine that we'd be off the ship and heading towards the resort as quickly as we were.

Also, when checking in, we had the option to either take a Lion King Family Suite that moment we were checking in or wait until the standard afternoon time to wait for a Finding Nemo Family Suite, which we put in our request (we had to get the general-theme-assigned-when-you-arrive Family Suite because of Free Dining). So a room was available for us if we wanted to take it, but it would obviously depend on your resort and how many people are staying there.

We were a party of 7, 6 adults and 1 child aged 2, but felt that the transfers were easy to use and very convenient and would definitely use them again the next time we do a Disney Cruise and Disney World. Just make sure you have your paperwork, I think it's that letter they give you, to show that you paid for the transfers because they'll ask to see it before you get on the bus.

I like your arrangement of getting out early to the bus, and arrive the park early.

Is the Cabanas open early for breakfast? We wanted to quickly grab something before we head to the bus.

I like your arrangement of getting out early to the bus, and arrive the park early.

Is the Cabanas open early for breakfast? We wanted to quickly grab something before we head to the bus.

Cabanas is open for breakfast the last day.

If you want to eat breakfast before getting off the ship

If you have early dinner you will be assigned (last morning only) early breakfast 6:45.
Late dinner late breakfast 8:00.
It takes 30-45 minutes to eat.
Cabanas (buffet restaurant) is open the last morning 6:30-8:00.
Room service isn’t available the last morning but you can order a few things the night before (room service stops 1am the last night/morning). Coffee comes in a carafe and stays pretty hot. There is a small refrigerator in the cabin for milk and OJ. You can order cereal and muffins

On our most recent cruise, I went to both the 7 am MDR breakfast and, since I was still hungry, Cabanas. I'd say Cabanas had at least about 75% of it's normal selection (no made to order omelettes but, otherwise, a pretty decent selection of most of the more popular items and it wasn't super crowded).

We're going to WDW for one night after our next cruise but are not going to any parks. As such, we're not in a huge hurry to get off the ship. So I booked a car service (as it was cheaper than WDW transportation for our group size) for 9:30 am.

This will allow us to dilly dally on the ship a bit longer than the Disney bus service allows (for example, we have the option of skpping the MDR breakfast and just going to Cabanas - or doing both).

If you want to eat breakfast before getting off the ship

If you have early dinner you will be assigned (last morning only) early breakfast 6:45.
Late dinner late breakfast 8:00.
It takes 30-45 minutes to eat.
Cabanas (buffet restaurant) is open the last morning 6:30-8:00.
Room service isn’t available the last morning but you can order a few things the night before (room service stops 1am the last night/morning). Coffee comes in a carafe and stays pretty hot. There is a small refrigerator in the cabin for milk and OJ. You can order cereal and muffins

Does this mean if you have late dining AND are taking DCL transfers to the resort that you won't be able to do breakfast in the MDR since you won't be off the ship and cleared customs in time to catch the last bus at 9 am ?

SW

DW and I walked-off 7:30+. Heading for bus and CM asks if we would like to take a van instead. Got in van and a family of 3 followed. Out of lot around 8:00, family was dropped off then us at FW by 9AM.

One odd thing about the last trip we took...nobody checked ID, scanned our card, or anything when they let us on the bus from the port to the airport. We were asked if we were going to the airport, we said yes, and they directed us to the bus where we got on immediately. Our luggage didnt even have something on it saying we were taking the bus or had took the bus to get there in the first place.

Going from the Boardwalk to the ship they checked us in and checked our ID before getting on and made sure our luggage had the right tags on it.

We just did a Bahama cruise on the Dream April 1-5. We used the DCL transport to and from the WDW resorts. We were off the boat around 815am. Through customs by 845am and on the bus by 850am. The bus is just out the doors from customs and left promptly at 915am. We were the last of 4 stops and were at our resort (AKL) by noon. The entire process was very smooth. I recommend putting your bags out the night before disembarking. It helps when you're not toting luggage off the boat. Luggage will be waiting as you get in line for customs clearing. The lines seemed long but went quickly.

Hello All, My wife and I will be on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean cruise this Nov. We have purchased round trip Disney transport from MCO to port and back. We have now decided we will fly into MCO the night before and stay at the Airport Marriott and take the hotel shuttle back to the airport terminal that morning and hop on the Disney Transport bus to port. We also just booked a few days post cruise at the Swan/Dolphin. How does this work? Do I just need to tell my TA or DCL we will be taking the transport to the hotel instead of the airport ahead of time or once we get on the ship? Thanks.

Hello All, My wife and I will be on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean cruise this Nov. We have purchased round trip Disney transport from MCO to port and back. We have now decided we will fly into MCO the night before and stay at the Airport Marriott and take the hotel shuttle back to the airport terminal that morning and hop on the Disney Transport bus to port. We also just booked a few days post cruise at the Swan/Dolphin. How does this work? Do I just need to tell my TA or DCL we will be taking the transport to the hotel instead of the airport ahead of time or once we get on the ship? Thanks.

DCL needs to know in advance, so your TA should contact them.

Also, when you check in online, you specify where you will be going before after the cruise.

SW

Do the DCL buses even go to the Swan/Dolphin? I thought they were restricted to legit Disney hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter