DCL Refund

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Our refund came back, and we have had 13 different deposits. The amounts vary like $22.92, $16.16, and $10.42...you get the idea! The total is $2936 and that’s what it should be, but it seems strange to us!

It did come in the time they mentioned! It was not even two weeks! It was a much better time frame than Princess which takes months!!

Last edited:
Same with us. Refund came within a week, but it was like 8 different credits. Some $1000, some $30. But, the total was right!

Oh how odd. We had a refund from DCL about a month ago. It came in 6 days, I was super impressed!! Two deposits though, not more.

Those of you who got multiple deposits, did that mirror the way you had paid for the trip?
No! It initially was a VGT for February so paid in full at booking. Then we didn’t think February would go, so we moved to March. So, we had two payments. March was more than the VGT price.

That's very weird and what a pain. Guess I'll experience the same thing whenever they cancel April.

It surprised me but wasn't inconvenient at all. Perhaps if one paid by check but just going back on my credit card was no problem for me.

It surprised me but wasn't inconvenient at all. Perhaps if one paid by check but just going back on my credit card was no problem for me.
I agree, it was not inconvenient, but it was a bit unsettling when the refunds began. We did wonder if we would have to call to get the rest. I think that’s why I started the thread. Let people know what to expect!

I agree, it was not inconvenient, but it was a bit unsettling when the refunds began. We did wonder if we would have to call to get the rest. I think that’s why I started the thread. Let people know what to expect!

Good point and good DIS public service on your part.

We had a WDW trip cancel last year and the same thing happened with that refund. We received multiple deposits in amounts that didn’t make sense! We had paid in a few installments bc it was a group trip but the refund amounts weren’t an exact match to the payment amounts. So odd!!

When we received refunds for two cancelled cruises last spring and summer, we had four credits back to the credit card for each. The taxes and port fees were always a separate refund, there was a second that was the same as our prepaid gratuities, and the other two appeared to be random amounts that did not correspond to any of the cruise fares. Total amounts refunded were correct, and all came quickly, so no real problem on our end.

We recently cancelled our September Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Magic. This was well before PIF, so we had only a deposit to be refunded. The refund came in two credits, one for $250 that we assume was the deposit we made when we paid for an OBB placeholder used to book the cruise and the other for the balance of the deposit paid when we changed that placeholder to an actual booking.

Thanks for this information. Now we know what to expect. Otherwise, we would be worried and making multiple calls!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter