• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL San Diego Opening Day Prices

brochad1611

You keep the parks...I am going on the boat!
Have ya'll seen the prices for San Diego in 2022-2023?

They are super cheap. 4 Night Cruises for 2 for less than 2K.

7 nights for 4 for only $4,000!

Are these prices too good to be true? I'm afraid they will change when bookings open next week.

Booked this morning
4-Night Cabo San Lucas Cruise from San Diego
Category: 03a
Embark Date 07-May-2023
2 Adults
$5112

Booked the 5 night Merrytime from SD
December 23, 2022
2 adults
Category 9B
$3,7284.20

We've always wanted to do a Merrytime cruise over Christmas but the prices have always been so high. This price seems more reasonable than other ships.

I was hoping for a seven night which fitted my dates but I ended up booking a 4 night. At that price I can’t complain at all.

I was also hoping for a 7 day to fit into our spring break plans for March 2023 but we settled for a 4 night and will spend some more time in the SD area (usually we head straight up to Disneyland right after cruising out of SD).

4 night Baja
March 12 2023
Cat 6A
2A 2K (12,14)
$3573. no obb/trans/ins

For those that booked, any sense on how full the ships are getting? I’m hoping to book the same rooms from our cancelled cruise when my booking window opens tomorrow🤞

I answered my own question this morning when I booked a 7 Night balcony for 4 for only $5,000. Super pumped to finally see the Pacific Ocean. 2 words....Whale Watching!

For those that booked, any sense on how full the ships are getting? I’m hoping to book the same rooms from our cancelled cruise when my booking window opens tomorrow🤞
Plenty of rooms available this afternoon. Prices have not increased either. You should be fine in the morning. BTW, log on 15 minutes early...they usually open up before 8 EST.

I'd love to travel out of SD. A 90 minute flight with kids is MUCH more palatable than the 4 hour flight to Orlando. We just did a cruise on the Dream, any thoughts on the comparison of the Dream to the Wonder?

SD Wonder is my home port and would book it more if it was going anywhere but Mexico.
Other lines have Mexico extremely cheap.

I generally always book it when it heads to Vancouver though.

I can't believe one of the 7-nights is only $2,000-ish for an inside stateroom, total price. I don't mind an inside at all - a cheaper cruise means more sailings. That is a really good deal. I keep saying that I am taking a break from DCL after my Wish cruise in September, but just booked two more out of SD. I live here so it is VERY nice to cruise from SD. I also booked a 4-nt Merrytime to Catalina and Ensenada for under $1,200. Those are good prices for Disney! I could do it on Carnival for less, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
I will take a break after these although I still have a placeholder and also tend to book those military discount cruises often. Who am I kidding? It won't be happening.

For anyone on here who has sailed from San Diego and Port Canaveral, how does the motion of the ship compare? We are looking at booking one of the 7 nights from SD (because its SOOOO AFFORDABLE) but somewhat worried about rough seas in the Pacific. Any insight is appreciated!

For anyone on here who has sailed from San Diego and Port Canaveral, how does the motion of the ship compare? We are looking at booking one of the 7 nights from SD (because its SOOOO AFFORDABLE) but somewhat worried about rough seas in the Pacific. Any insight is appreciated!
I've done a few DCL out of both ports... there have been a few dinners on Baja cruises where you can definitely feel the ship rocking / bouncing. Nothing crazy tho... I don't get seasick (so far) so don't really mind it...
The Pacific is deep and cold however, so there are definitely no evenings on deck without a hoodie or something... I've only been as far as Cabo. The Mex Riviera cruises go a bit farther south so it's probably warmer

I'd love to travel out of SD. A 90 minute flight with kids is MUCH more palatable than the 4 hour flight to Orlando. We just did a cruise on the Dream, any thoughts on the comparison of the Dream to the Wonder?

We've done both ships and while we really enjoyed the Dream and it's fancy upgrades (Vanellopes/Remy), we love the Wonder. It's smaller and you really feel the difference. Of course our cruises were very different (4nt vs 7nt) we still felt the Wonder was more relaxed. We didn't feel like we were always on the run to get somewhere. I think with the larger ships, you have FOMO so it always feels rushed vs with the smaller, it's pretty low key.

I think one of the reasons for these discounts is that Disney doesn't have the same amount of time left to sell them. All the FCCs run out by September 2022, and many folks have already committed their deposits to other vacations later this year.

This is likely also why they they don't seem to be doing Hawaii next spring - just not enough time left to sell 10 days on a voyage during school days. (That, and to avoid cancellations for the Hawaii cruise this May.) My guess is, if Wonder is indeed staying on the west coast for all of 2023, we might see Hawaii cruises in September/October next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter