• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

So, the website is working, ugh :-\

I was holding out hope that the WBPC was going to be comparable in price to the CCL trip that I booked for next year, as the CCL price (in a suite, mind) is similar to opening day WBPC for 2016 (in an OV). Nope.

Last year opening day, cat 9A, 2 A, 1C, $5700.
This year, opening day, cat 9A, 2A, 1C, $6706. And that's without airfare, which we would not need for CCL.

Unfortunately, with DH's hesitation already there, there's no way I can sell this.

I put a hold on mine, 9800+ for 5 people in connecting 10Cs (and that was not much more expensive than the 11s) for the WBPC.

Yikes. I may be rethinking this.

Been calling since right before 8am to move a placeholder cruise and the lines are busy. So frustrating!

You should be able to place more then 1 hold, I have 5 held until we have the chance to sit down and discuss properly.

THANK YOU! I was able to do it online. It was for my son and future daughter in law's honeymoon and they wanted a particular room, I got it for them thanks to you. :)

I think its unlikely as I think the prices stay at that level its just availability will go back up

With all the talk about Alaska, how do people feel about the other cruise lines older ships being there? I understand Disney is a lot more expensive but I was really impressed with how the Magic looked in 2013 before her major drydock considering she was 15 years old. I see all the other cruise lines Alaska ships are around 15 years old (with the exception of the Celebrity Solstice) and was just wondering if it would be worth paying the extra to DCL knowing that the Wonder will be amazing? I haven't cruised on other lines older ships before so perhaps it is just me being a bit of a worry wart but I would rather pay for the shows I know I am going to see, the characters, the other activities on board I know I enjoy. If RCL, Norwegian, Carnival etc were sending the Vista, Harmony etc up there I just don't think I would mind as much jumping ship.

Sorry less of a question there and more just a word dump from me :surfweb:
The Wonder is 17 years old - not exactly a spring chicken! Many of the newer ships are too big (in my opinion) for Alaska, so it's usually the smaller and older ships doing those cruises - with a few exceptions. I've cruised to Alaska on the Coral Princess, Golden Princess, HAL Veendam, and HAL Amsterdam, and I'll be on Radiance of the Seas in 2017. I have no concerns about sailing on an older ship in Alaska.

I cruise to Alaska to see Alaska, not shows or Disney characters. If I want that - I will book a less expensive (or longer for the same price) Disney cruise. Decide if you are more interested in a Disney cruise that goes to Alaska, or a (usually less expensive) Alaska cruise on another cruise line that focuses on Alaska.

And I am already trying to change my category, but the website keeps pooping out and the phone lines are busy. Argh!

THANK YOU! I was able to do it online. It was for my son and future daughter in law's honeymoon and they wanted a particular room, I got it for them thanks to you. :)

Yay, glad you got the room they wanted! Being a newlywed myself, this has made me feel all warm inside :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter