• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Summer 2017 Megathread - Itineraries are out!

What time can you call on Thursday? We want to change our OBB from this upcoming fall to next summer.

Just called about WBPC, April 23-May 7, Port Canaveral to San Diego, stops in Cozumel, Cartagena, Puerto Vallarta, and Cabo San Lucas. No Castaway Cay :(

Thank you for calling. This really perplexes me. There is not another ship scheduled for CC on April 24 and DCL can make so much more $$$ by stopping there instead of Cozumel or Cartagena. Why would they do that?

And that's why we cancelled our Alaskan sailing this year, the $$ going down down down (now today it's at 78cents, woohoo!!). Not thrilled with the airfare prices I'm seeing for our cruise out of Galveston in January, thinking of flying out of Seattle. But yes, Alaska from here means no airfare a 5 night could still be doable. Since they are only offering 1 5-night I'm wondering just how affordable it would be though?

That's my fear- that it will still cost as much as the 7 nighters.

I'm still keeping those Jan Galveston cruises in the back of my mind- maybe jump on a GT rate again if we can get the flights on aeroplan..that's what we tend to do. Will see how things are going. Otherwise leaning towards spring break in florida. We have generally flown out of Seattle as even with the exchange it can save us big bucks

Thank you for calling. This really perplexes me. There is not another ship scheduled for CC on April 24 and DCL can make so much more $$$ by stopping there instead of Cozumel or Cartagena. Why would they do that?
Cartagena, Colombia is the distant foreign port stop - as required by the PVSA when cruising from one US port (Port Canaveral) to a different US port (San Diego).

Cartagena, Colombia is the distant foreign port stop - as required by the PVSA when cruising from one US port (Port Canaveral) to a different US port (San Diego).

Ahhh, that makes sense. But, they still could have swapped out Cozumel for CC, right?

So could they still do Alaska early September? Are they releasing in block dates
I'm pretty sure all Alaska cruises are being released now. The last one on August 28th ends Sept. 4th.

**After seeing the updates on the Disney Cruise Line Blog - the last Alaska cruise is listed as being on Sept. 4th - NOT Aug. 28th.

Last edited:
Probably, but with only 14 days, DCL chose a port town over their private island. DCL's PC itinerary has always been pretty weak, and this one is no different.

It was not always weak. Don't know when they became weak but i was on the 2008 repo from la to port canerval that wasn't a weak schedule. I'm on the May wonder repo this year that is definitely a weak schedule . But there for the good price. .

I'm looking for the San Juan to port canerval repo don't see anything about it for May 2017. I'm in the April 30 southern Caribean cruise. Will like to do the repo but don't see any info about it. Than again that 11 night fantasy cruise looking good. But probably won't look good when I see the price.also I like the 15 night transatlantic cruise. Transatlantic always good in prices. Now off to see a dummy date for plane tickets from Copenhagen to philly. Probably change my mind when I see the plane ticket price.uodate just got done looking at dummy dates for plane tickets that transatlantic cruise is not looking good now.
Do you know the ports for the TA. I didnt see it on the brochure.

It was not always weak. Don't know when they became weak but i was on the 2008 repo from la to port canerval that wasn't a weak schedule. I'm on the May wonder repo this year that is definitely a weak schedule . But there for the good price. .
Disney's PC cruises have always been long on sea days and short on ports. (I know they have stopped in Aruba and Acapulco in the past.) Having sailed on a DCL Transatlantic with a mediocre itinerary (CC, Madeira, and Gibraltar) out of Galveston in 2013, I still loved it for the great activities on the sea days. Only after that cruise did I consider a Panama Canal cruise on DCL something I would enjoy - in spite of its lacking itinerary.

I don't see a Wonder cruise from San Diego to Vancouver in May 2017. Looks like there is a 5 day gap between the Baja and the Alaska, so I assume that's when it would be...would they not offer up a California Coast cruise?

forgive me if this is a dumb (or already answered) question... does anyone know if this cruise will be subject to the blackout dates for the OBB discount?

10-Night Southern Caribbean | Disney Fantasy
Sailing from Port Canaveral, FL – Aruba; Curaçao; St. Kitts;
Tortola, British Virgin Islands; Disney Castaway Cay
2017 Sail Date | Jun 28

soooo, since we are most interested in the EBPC, and I am thinking it will be in October, that means that date was not released and we need to wait even longer? OR should I call tomorrow, just to make sure? Since the brochure mentioned PC, but does not give specifics. I've known the PC cruises to be earlier in the fall or late in October. and I have to agree....the Southern Caribbean and the Double Dips are enticing!! One of our favorite trips was a Double Dip! Good luck to all that will be booking tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

I wouldn't hold your breath for the EBPC in October '17. Mazatlantoday.net has a photo of a Disney ship on there front page with news that a Disney cruise ship will be visiting their port on October 11, 18, and more dates to come. So I am assuming there are going to be a few 7 night Mexican Riviera cruises for the Wonder in October. But... That leaves from Sept. 4 (last day of Alaska in Vancouver) - October 8 (speculating first day of Mexican Riviera out of San Diego) What is Disney wonder going to do that month? I'm thinking Hawaii !!!!!!!! Could be one way Vancouver to Hawaii and then Hawaii to San Diego. Or.... Vancouver to San Diego and then a round trip out of San Diego. But, I do speculate the Wonder in Hawaii in Sept. '17. Going to hold out and hope I'm correct. No summer bookings for me. This Californian is going to stockpile my weekly Disney gift cards for the fall release of Hawaii.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter