DCL Telephone Wait Time

sgkramer

Earning My Ears
I have a April’22 cruise and wanted to call DCL with a question now in December’21. I am currently about halfway through a estimated 35 minute wait time! Am I doing something wrong? Covid started over 1.5 years ago, so there has been plenty of time to make the process work despite that situation. Just venting while I wait.

I have a April’22 cruise and wanted to call DCL with a question now in December’21. I am currently about halfway through a estimated 35 minute wait time! Am I doing something wrong? Covid started over 1.5 years ago, so there has been plenty of time to make the process work despite that situation. Just venting while I wait.
With all the changes daily in the COVID protocols, the wait time for phone calls is long. Have you tried the chat option on the website? I've read people have better luck with that.

Call them immediately when the lines open in the morning, and you'll have only a short wait.

Last edited:
How long did the wait end up being? I've had good luck calling them on weekends vs week days, and esp Sundays.

Not to mention the fact that all employers are having difficulty finding staff. Disney is no exception. Here in Central Florida they're advertising for employees on television with hiring bonuses. It's the way of the world right now, patience grasshopper.

I called yesterday morning around 9:30 central and got right through, no wait at all.

Was on hold today for almost 2 hours and I get an automated response that they can't take any calls! Call back later they say. I call back and it says 122 minute wait. >:(

Last edited:
I was on hold earlier today for one hour and 45 minutes when the hold system recording ultimately said that "we apologize but we are not able to help you at this time. Please call back another time"

I rather imagine that lots of people are re-thinking cruising right now.

Yeah, as excited as I am for MDAS - and as much as I dread Pres Week crowds at WDW (and the fact that Riverside is the only one in my price range and EW) - I'm seriously contemplating cancelling the cruise and doing Disney instead.

Was on hold today for almost 2 hours and I get an automated response that they can't take any calls! Call back later they say. I call back and it says 122 minute wait. >:(
It could be they have had a lot of sick calls this week and are short-staffed. Seems to be the case everywhere.

I wanted to cancel my summer cruise as our plans have changed not necessarily due to COVID. Current wait time is 166 minutes!

Is there any other way to cancel. Email etc. Why wouldn’t it let me cancel online when they keep repeating to visit their website!

Yeah, as excited as I am for MDAS - and as much as I dread Pres Week crowds at WDW (and the fact that Riverside is the only one in my price range and EW) - I'm seriously contemplating cancelling the cruise and doing Disney instead.
We booked wdw for our cruise dates but haven't cancelled the cruise just yet. In case we all end up w covid and recovered in time to go... which since we have a 3yo in preschool and my DH is in the hosp daily, is not all that unlikely. It seems like everyone I know has it right now.

I wanted to cancel my summer cruise as our plans have changed not necessarily due to COVID. Current wait time is 166 minutes!

Is there any other way to cancel. Email etc. Why wouldn’t it let me cancel online when they keep repeating to visit their website!
Well, according to the DCL website, Booking Terms & Conditions:

Cancellations may be made by telephone or in writing.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/contracts-terms-safety/terms-conditions/united-states/
So, I'd say an email would do it. Doesn't really specify what constitutes "in writing".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter