DCL to get rid of Placeholder Booking Perks?

JW9DVC

Former WDTC Guy
Heard that soon DCL will be getting rid of on board booking stateroom credits on the future cruise? Has anyone else heard this rumor and do we know if it is really happening?

heard from a friend of a friend of a friend.

Does anyone have the official DCL announcement regarding the removal of the OBB OBC ?

ETA:

Disney Cruise Line regularly evaluates and adjusts promotional offers based on a variety of factors. Guests who would like to book a future cruise while onboard may visit the Vacation Planning Desk to learn more.

Sailing Guests booking a future Disney Cruise Line vacation, in stateroom categories 4A – 11C, will still receive a 10% discount. Also, those Guests booking cruises that are seven nights or longer will still receive 50% off the required deposit. However, this offer will no longer include an onboard credit.
This revised onboard booking promotional offer goes into effect on the following dates:
  • Disney Fantasy – Sept. 28, 2019
  • Disney Magic – Sept. 30, 2019
  • Disney Wonder – Sept. 30, 2019
  • Disney Dream – Sept. 30, 2019
For reservations booked prior to Sept. 28, 2019 onboard the Disney Fantasy and Sept. 30, 2019 onboard Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Wonder, an onboard credit will still be offered.

Last edited:

This is all I've seen so far:

Effective 9/28/19 on the Fantasy and 9/30/19 on the other ships, there will no longer be Onboard Credit given with placeholders or bookings.

I just read this on that "other" site that we're not allowed to mention here. What does this mean? When you book on board you got an OBC? Was that for an actual booking as opposed to a placeholder? I don't ever remember getting an OCB when I booked a placeholder - just the 10% discount. And this OBC came from DCL, not a TA?

This is all I've seen so far:

Effective 9/28/19 on the Fantasy and 9/30/19 on the other ships, there will no longer be Onboard Credit given with placeholders or bookings.

Link?

I just read this on that "other" site that we're no allowed to mention here. What does this mean? When you book on board you got an OBC? Was that for an actual booking as opposed to a placeholder? I don't ever remember getting an OCB when I booked a placeholder - just the 10% discount.

Previously/currently in addition to the 10% discount, you get $200 OBC for a 7 or more night sailing; $100 OBC for a shorter sailing.

By the way what's been posted so far is this: (can't link - it's social media - by a TA)

PSA

Effective Saturday September 28 on the Fantasy and Monday September 30th on the Dream, Wonder and Magic.

Placeholders and Onboard bookings will no longer receive an OBC from DCL. All other aspects benefits remain.

*Concierge and Friends and Family bookings will still receive the OBC

Disney Cruise Line regularly evaluates and adjusts promotional offers based on a variety of factors. Guests who would like to book a future cruise while onboard may visit the Vacation Planning Desk to learn more.

Sailing Guests booking a future Disney Cruise Line vacation, in stateroom categories 4A – 11C, will still receive a 10% discount. Also, those Guests booking cruises that are seven nights or longer will still receive 50% off the required deposit. However, this offer will no longer include an onboard credit.
This revised onboard booking promotional offer goes into effect on the following dates:
  • Disney Fantasy – Sept. 28, 2019
  • Disney Magic – Sept. 30, 2019
  • Disney Wonder – Sept. 30, 2019
  • Disney Dream – Sept. 30, 2019
For reservations booked prior to Sept. 28, 2019 onboard the Disney Fantasy and Sept. 30, 2019 onboard Disney Magic, Disney Dream and Disney Wonder, an onboard credit will still be offered.

Last edited:
All I will say is not surprised at all. As we were reaching platinum we saw things get removed before we got there. DCL doesn't really need to care about frequent cruisers, they get enough new families sailing with them. Also on average newer cruisers spend more in the shops, so it is a win win for them if long time cruisers move on.

Editing to say that in a year or two I wouldn't be shocked to see the 10 percent changed to a 5 percent discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter