DCL transfer bus resort to port?

Cheburashka

Momketeer
I'm considering taking the DCL transfer bus from a Disney resort to the port. What have people's experiences been like with that since reopening? I've read that you get picked up early morning, but as the first available PATs aren't until 10-ish, I assume it's a very long bus ride, going from resort to resort? Does this tend to get you to the port pretty early? What have your experiences been since reopening?

I'm not totally settled on which resort I'll stay at. If it's a value, I'd want to take the bus & arrive at the port early. If it's a deluxe, I'd want to rent a car so I could enjoy resort amenities that morning.

Last edited:
We took it yesterday from Riviera to the port.

Bell services came for our luggage at 7am and we had to meet the DCL rep in the Voyageurs Lounge no later than 7:45am. The bus showed up around 8:15am. There were 3 stops (CBR, Pop and AoA) and then we headed to the port. We got to the port around 9:45am.

Bell services came for our luggage at 7am and we had to meet the DCL rep in the Voyageurs Lounge no later than 7:45am. The bus showed up around 8:15am. There were 3 stops (CBR, Pop and AoA) and then we headed to the port. We got to the port around 9:45am.
This is almost to the minute our experience at the poly last October. We were the first ones on the cruise other than family of the day and concierge. Was awesome except the early pick up did mean we couldn’t have a character breakfast as we used to do in pre-covid times.

This is almost to the minute our experience at the poly last October. We were the first ones on the cruise other than family of the day and concierge. Was awesome except the early pick up did mean we couldn’t have a character breakfast as we used to do in pre-covid times.

This is good to know. We are staying at the Poly next month before our cruise and I was wondering about timing. A couple of years ago we didn't get picked up until about 11 so I book Ohana for breakfast at 7:30, but if they are coming to pick us up with a show time of 7:45 then I will probably cancel the breakfast since there won't be time. We can always do Captain Cooks for something quick to hold us over.

This is good to know. We are staying at the Poly next month before our cruise and I was wondering about timing. A couple of years ago we didn't get picked up until about 11 so I book Ohana for breakfast at 7:30, but if they are coming to pick us up with a show time of 7:45 then I will probably cancel the breakfast since there won't be time. We can always do Captain Cooks for something quick to hold us over.
That’s what we did—handed our bags to the porters at the room at 7am, ate some tonga toast at captain cooks and were done just in time for pickup at the lobby.

I guess it is possible you could get a later pickup as we were the first resort stop and the folks at the hotel that was the last stop before heading to port would have had a bit more time for breakfast. You could always book an early TS breakfast at Kona or Ohana and then cancel the night before if needed once you find out your pickup time.

The resort busses arrived before the airport busses back in December.

Thank you for sharing your experience. When I called DCL last year about ground transfer for our March cruise, I was told the transfer from Resort to Port would be discontinued for 2022. They offered me the airport to port transfer instead and mentioned they were getting many complaints about the resort to port service being cancelled, so it could change in the future. So glad it did and the service got better. It was hard arriving around 1pm at port and still being able to have lunch. Hope I can add ground transfer for our September cruise.
For March I already have a car rental for the transfer. Oh well...

Fran I would love to know when they picked you up? We are considering doing MNSSHP the night before but if pickup is too early we might do a different night.

Thank you for this! I just this morning was able to get a Tower Room for 5/15 so it's good to know the time frame.

Do you know if they can also take luggage you bring downstairs with you? I'm thinking I'll try to grab breakfast when Primo Piatto opens at 7 - and being solo I can't leave someone in the room to wait for bell services, so it would be easier for me to bring it with me.

Thank you for this! I just this morning was able to get a Tower Room for 5/15 so it's good to know the time frame.

Do you know if they can also take luggage you bring downstairs with you? I'm thinking I'll try to grab breakfast when Primo Piatto opens at 7 - and being solo I can't leave someone in the room to wait for bell services, so it would be easier for me to bring it with me.

I don't think they can take the carry on luggage. Once we gave them our luggage, we didn't see it again until we were on the ship. BUT, there was a DCL rep in the Voyaguers Lounge that you might be able to leave the carry on luggage with while you have breakfast (IDK if they will do it but it's worth an ask!).

Amybody got any recent Animal Kingdom Lodge pickup times? Based on preceding posts, just moved by Boma breakfast to the earliest time (7:35) but worried if there's a 7:45am meet up, we are bound for quick service (which is fine, just need to move on canceling the reservation).

I don't think they can take the carry on luggage. Once we gave them our luggage, we didn't see it again until we were on the ship. BUT, there was a DCL rep in the Voyaguers Lounge that you might be able to leave the carry on luggage with while you have breakfast (IDK if they will do it but it's worth an ask!).

Oh, I meant my checked luggage. Maybe I can arrange an earlier pick-up than 7. Or leave it just inside the door. My carry-on is only a backpack. Before they used to put some things that weren't been checked - or people didn't get it picked up - under the bus.

I guess worst-case I'll be bringing my breakfast with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter