• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DCL Transfer from AKL

Mrspeaks

DIS Veteran
I've read that if we choose to take Disney's transportation to the port from AKL we will need to have our luggage in the lobby pretty early in the morning, what time could we expect to be picked up? I am ok wth arriving a little later to the port if we would we have the freedom to swim/enjoy the resort or are we stuck in the lobby waiting for the bus not knowing what time we would be leaving? There are four of us and we might be flying home from Sanford versus MCO, so I have a lot to work out. I've considered a rental car, but we would need carseats.

Last year when I took Disney transportation from resort to port, we had to have luggage ready by room entrance at 8:00am, and they pick it up right from room.

We didn’t get picked up until around lunch time to head to port.

I believe that much like when you're taking the Tragical Express back to MCO after a WDW trip, you will get a letter informing you of when to have luggage ready in your room to be picked up and what time you are to meet the bus. I'd imagine that like DME you're requested to be there at least 15 minutes early. I'm contemplating staying at AKL and doing DCL transportation next cruise, and my thoughts were I'd go for a Boma ADR around 8 or 8:30, have a nice breakfast, and then wander the outside areas of the resort until it was shortly before "call time" (time plus 15 minutes).

Does anyone knows if we could request an early departure from the resort to the port by calling DCL? We would rather leave early instead of leaving late. TIA

As noted above Disney Transfers include luggage service from WDW to port (but oddly not from port to WDW...but that is for another thread). Your luggage will be picked up from your resort room. You do not need to schlep it to the lobby. Usually picked up around 8:00 am and you do not have to be present. When we took the transfers we made sure our checked bags that were going on the bus were right near the door (on the inside) away from our other carry on bags. We had breakfast, went to the pool for a bit, then grabbed our carry ons and headed to the lobby to meet the bus.

We received a letter when we checked in stating what time to meet the bus. I think now they leave a letter in your room but I am not sure.

MJ

Does anyone knows if we could request an early departure from the resort to the port by calling DCL? We would rather leave early instead of leaving late. TIA

Nope, there are set bus departure times from each resort which changes from cruise to cruise depending on how many people are going to DCL from each resort. The reason the buses leave the resorts when they do is they have to wait for the buses to come from the ship with departing passengers to the resort and the airport.

The only way to get to the port early is to hire a car service, uber, or drive yourself (or get yourself back to the airport where the buses to the port leave earlier than the resort).

MJ

We are also heading from AKL to the port on DCL transfer. We will give them our suitcases but keep a duffel bag with swim stuff for use at the resort in the morning and, later, at the ship's pools so that we don't have to wait for luggage to be delivered to our stateroom.

Earliest resort pick up times begin at 11:30 or so. The buses coming back from port canaveral drop everyone off from previous cruise and then pick up and transport new cruisers. One could always try to make a request to be on the first bus leaving at 11:30 which would get you to port by 12:30 or so depending on what stop you would be.

you could possibly call dme and ask to be taken to the airport at whatever time you choose then take a dcl bus to port earlier, if you want to go through all that. we have always been successful calling dme and changing or requesting times that we are to be picked up to head to the airport. they are very nice and it has always worked out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter