MinnesoTristan

Mouseketeer
My two biggest takeaways from Pete & the Dis Unplugged cast since Covid & Chapek.
1. DCL is a better value than WDW.
2. People are choosing Universal over Disney.
I haven’t been on a cruise yet, so I can’t speak to the first point, but I would absolutely be willing to try one with my partner or my parents, especially Alaska.
I can, however, speak to the second point, and my experience absolutely supports Pete’s claims.
I haven’t been to DHS since 2017, and without the Great Movie Ride, I have no desire to go back. The park has lost its theme, and I think DCA is a better “Hollywood” themed park.
I haven’t been to WDW since 2019, and after my last trip, I thought that if I never made it back, it was a good last trip. We did a split stay with Universal and Disney, and if I ever went back to WDW, I would be good with Epcot and Animal Kingdom, with a possible park hopper to Magic Kingdom for Carousel of Progress and the PeopleMover, because those are unique to Florida.
2021 was my first trip since the pandemic, and we chose DL over WDW, and honestly, I would choose DL over WDW anytime. It packs more attractions into a smaller space, so you can spend less time traveling, and park hopping is a breeze.
2022 was my first non-Disney, Universal only, Orlando vacation, and honestly, the Wizarding World is enough for its own vacation.
Basically, since the pandemic, I’ve chosen DL over WDW once, and Universal over WDW once. Not everyone feels the same, and WDW was my home park growing up, so there will always be a place for it, but the game is definitely changing!
Bonus points: Universal is my only option for out of state annual pass holders.

My two biggest takeaways from Pete & the Dis Unplugged cast since Covid & Chapek.
1. DCL is a better value than WDW.
2. People are choosing Universal over Disney.
I haven’t been on a cruise yet, so I can’t speak to the first point, but I would absolutely be willing to try one with my partner or my parents, especially Alaska.
I can, however, speak to the second point, and my experience absolutely supports Pete’s claims.
I haven’t been to DHS since 2017, and without the Great Movie Ride, I have no desire to go back. The park has lost its theme, and I think DCA is a better “Hollywood” themed park.
I haven’t been to WDW since 2019, and after my last trip, I thought that if I never made it back, it was a good last trip. We did a split stay with Universal and Disney, and if I ever went back to WDW, I would be good with Epcot and Animal Kingdom, with a possible park hopper to Magic Kingdom for Carousel of Progress and the PeopleMover, because those are unique to Florida.
2021 was my first trip since the pandemic, and we chose DL over WDW, and honestly, I would choose DL over WDW anytime. It packs more attractions into a smaller space, so you can spend less time traveling, and park hopping is a breeze.
2022 was my first non-Disney, Universal only, Orlando vacation, and honestly, the Wizarding World is enough for its own vacation.
Basically, since the pandemic, I’ve chosen DL over WDW once, and Universal over WDW once. Not everyone feels the same, and WDW was my home park growing up, so there will always be a place for it, but the game is definitely changing!
Bonus points: Universal is my only option for out of state annual pass holders.
Personally, I would choose another line before DCL, but DCL may get chosen over Carnival. As far as WDW v Universal, both are currently good parks(though Hollywood Studios I mainly consider worthwhile only for Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story). That said, price is the main reason people are moving to Universal. You can have a Universal 3 Park Preferred Pass, Busch Gardens/SeaWorld Platinum Pass, and a third park pass for the same price as a Florida Disney pass, when available, if out of state. I actually did both of those and Cedar Fair in the same year. Disney also only offers payments if in state, essentially telling out of state passholders they hope you only come once a year. Not a smart business move.

You can have a Universal 3 Park Preferred Pass, Busch Gardens/SeaWorld Platinum Pass, and a third park pass for the same price as a Florida Disney pass, when available, if out of state. I actually did both of those and Cedar Fair in the same year. Disney also only offers payments if in state, essentially telling out of state passholders they hope you only come once a year. Not a smart business move.
Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it! I especially love that you mentioned the option to include Busch Gardens/Sea World. I’m not a roller coaster fan, but the Cedar Fair may be a good option for me since it would include Valley Fair in Minnesota and Knott’s Berry Farm for a future DL trip. Definitely wouldn’t mind going 2-3 times per year so not interested in the WDW annual pass (which isn’t even available to me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter