DCL website has been updated (9/16 update more info)

gatordoc

hopelessly addicted...
Had been having trouble getting in to view my reservations last night/this morning, but just logged in and they've changed the whole look of the pages that list your reservations, activities, etc. I'm sure some will love it and some will hate it. I'm just disappointed, because as far as I can tell they did not bring back the ability to search for something such as Palo brunch availability on multiple days :(

I'm not within my booking window yet, but thank you for sharing! That's too bad about the not being able to check for brunch availability :(

I'm within my booking window for one of my reservations but not another. The page once you log in still looks different, so if anyone has a reservation they should be able to see at least some of the changes.

Was going back to check on my activities and bookings for an upcoming sailing and noticed today that the entire My Reservations Front end has changed. Looks like once you select in the day things are still the same back end as a few weeks ago when our booking window opened. but the front end is a bit more user friendly in that you can view your whole itinerary at once an allow to start the selection process by day instead of clicking day by day but not as clean as the old view that had "cards" for each day that you could book directly from.

Overall an improvement from what I saw just a few weeks ago, should make booking easier but caused a lot of confusion for new cruisers b/c it hit basically on the first day they were allowed to book

I just went over to look, I like it.
My booking window opens end of October, I could open by the day and see port times.
Looks good!

I logged in to my reservations. It didn't seem very mobile friendly if you have multiple cruises scheduled. We will see what the booking screens look like in a couple months.

i like it. just a little thing... i wish it showed our reservation at wdw also. but not a big deal. thanks for sharing!

The functionality is kind of messed up still. Earlier this morning it had all of our staterooms as TBD, not the number we booked. And I gave up trying to look at Port Adventures or Onboard Fun, because nothing was working. I was just trying to change some things I booked last week before the silver window opens.

I haven't been able to see anything but "add a stateroom" on the website. I'm trying to calculate my expenses for my excursions and things on board.

I haven't been able to see anything but "add a stateroom" on the website. I'm trying to calculate my expenses for my excursions and things on board.

Unless they have removed the prices on the descriptions under Port Adventures, you can see those there. Don't have to be signed in or anything.

Unless they have removed the prices on the descriptions under Port Adventures, you can see those there. Don't have to be signed in or anything.

No matter where I went, it kept bringing me to same page. I couldn't get to any of my reservation or otherwise.

No matter where I went, it kept bringing me to same page. I couldn't get to any of my reservation or otherwise.

Huh. I was able to look at port adventures just this afternoon by using the "Port Adventures" link under "Things To Do". Prices were on those.

You might need to use a different browser. The cookies DCL uses, sometimes mess things up. You can try removing cookies or go through an incognito or private window in your browser.

The new system wants me to book each half hour of nursery time individually!! That is insane! Surely I am overlooking something...

I've discovered another quirk. Today is my platinum booking day for a cruise. I logged in just after midnight to book activities. I could see everything I wanted, but the system would not allow me to book. Tried logging out and back in, different browser, phone instead of computer - no luck. Tried again this morning - same result. Then I decided to complete my online check-in. Lo and behold, after I did that I could book all my activities! Fortunately I got everything I wanted, but this new requirement is going to add a level of frustration. Previously, if I wanted to try to book a cabana, I have occasionally been able to grab one right at midnight on my booking day. Now it's going to involve the added complication of who can complete their check-in the fastest. I guess it's fair if everyone has to do it, but I still don't like it. At midnight, all I want to do is grab my activities and go to bed. Now we have all the online check-in screens to go through first.

I've discovered another quirk. Today is my platinum booking day for a cruise. I logged in just after midnight to book activities. I could see everything I wanted, but the system would not allow me to book. Tried logging out and back in, different browser, phone instead of computer - no luck. Tried again this morning - same result. Then I decided to complete my online check-in. Lo and behold, after I did that I could book all my activities! Fortunately I got everything I wanted, but this new requirement is going to add a level of frustration. Previously, if I wanted to try to book a cabana, I have occasionally been able to grab one right at midnight on my booking day. Now it's going to involve the added complication of who can complete their check-in the fastest. I guess it's fair if everyone has to do it, but I still don't like it. At midnight, all I want to do is grab my activities and go to bed. Now we have all the online check-in screens to go through first.

Oh wow! I usually go grab what I want (especially the cabana) and then do online check in.
Hope they rethink this by the end of October for my check in.

I'm not loving that! Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter