DCL Website Needs a Drydock

I have been in on mine this morning and last night. Try another browser if on IE it's terrible Chrome better, Safari is best.

LOL, I've done the online survey for the DCL website a few times over the years and every time I blast them over the ridiculously slow speed of the site.

In the end, my family keeps booking cruises, so I guess they have no incentive to make it better.

LOL, I've done the online survey for the DCL website a few times over the years and every time I blast them over the ridiculously slow speed of the site.

In the end, my family keeps booking cruises, so I guess they have no incentive to make it better.
Well they should have as many other cruise lines have better functionality. Book and pay for shore trips ( I like that) book dinner time. Or Flexible dinning, buy booze packages,buy far more items for the cruise, lost sales here, buy duty free items in advance, book adult dinners and pay in advance. Select from wine packages or buy certain wines you like in advance. They loose a lot of income on it. One of the reasons I do not book DCL shore trips and book private is I do not trust the website.

There's another recent thread somewhere, like "DCL site is so slow!", where I ranted a bit yesterday. It took me about 15-20 minutes yesterday to get to the page where I could theoretically add the CC waverunner excursion, but by then I was so irritated I didn't bother, because I now mistrust the site so much I didn't believe the change would stick, and I was irrationally paranoid about it screwing up my existing adventure that day, which is a cabana rental.

I don't know the proper route for feedback on this issue, but it's absolutely insane that it's allowed to go on like this. I can only assume that most people are so desperate to book Disney vacations (and Dining reservations, and Frozen meet and greets, and all the other 'midnight' release stuff you have to slog through) that dealing with the modem speeds of most of the wdw/dcl sites is part of the thrill--and Disney knows people will slog no matter how bad it is. But I opted to vote with my wallet. That said, if anyone has an email address for feedback, I'd be happy to tell them the same thing.

Edit: I was sitting here after typing this, and thinking about why it makes me so mad when it's such a first world problem, and came to this conclusion: it makes me so mad because Disney KNOWS they can get away with it. Their websites have been horribly slow and clunky for years. Now the DCL site is all but nonfunctional, but that won't stop the flow of money even the tiniest bit. They can absolutely laugh off my decision not to purchase a $200 excursion. A company like Amazon has to make sure their technology and their sites/apps work. Disney doesn't have to, and they don't.

Last edited:

i recently had to do the registration for b2b's on the fantasy, i didn't do them on the exact day i could but i did do them on different days because the first try was so slow and annoying. really bad, one of the worst i've ever had it. i figured i would wait a few days and do the second sailing then. went back in to do it yesterday and it was worse! just brutal. timed out few times. very slow getting from one page to another. it kept booting me back to do the flight information even though it was complete and correct. very annoying.
shouldn't really be surprised, their site has always been slow. i can't even imagine what it would be like if they put the stuff disney fantasy is suggesting on line. it would be really nice but it would probably make the site even slower and that would make me bang my head against the wall.
they, for sure, need a web site update.

DCL's Website Team responds...

works-every-time-funny-pictures.jpg

My online check-in was yesterday, and it took FOREVER. I was in the middle of a decent book, so I would click on whatever button on DCL.com and then just start reading my book so I wouldn't sit there and just stare at the unmoving screen. 40 minutes later I was finally checked in (after at least 3 time-outs when I was trying to book excursions) and done with my book! Get it together, DCL! :sad2:

Their website is unusable, I could not even pull up my reservation. Tried to use the "contact us" link but that didn't work either. There is nothing I can do in there that doesn't time out.

Every time I log in I have to re-input my reservation number. EVERYTIME. Its been like this for weeks. I would love to log in one day and just see all of my stuff.

It's not just speed, but just looking for a cruise is annoying. Why do I always have to choose ALL the options? Why can't I see ALL the caribbean cruises, regardless of port? Or how about all the cruises out of a particular port? Or all cruises in June or something? it's absurd that I have to select all the options.

Internal Server Error - 500 Error
We are sorry but the server has encountered an error and is unable to complete your request. Please try again later.

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

It's not just speed, but just looking for a cruise is annoying. Why do I always have to choose ALL the options? Why can't I see ALL the caribbean cruises, regardless of port? Or how about all the cruises out of a particular port? Or all cruises in June or something? it's absurd that I have to select all the options.

Amen! This is so annoying, I have to search like 10 times to see all the options.

I've found it's much easier to parse DCL's available cruises if you search through costcotravel.com instead. The only thing you have to provide is a travel month. You don't have to be a member. After the first search you can refine in various ways. Then when you have an hour or two to spare you can try to find it on DCL's actual site. :)

Here is my solution, I will stop booking Disney sponsored excursions since I have been trying now for 5 days to get in and view the ones available on my cruise. I will vote with my pocketbook and if more people start doing this, it will get to Disney. I have already booked one of my port excursions independent of Disney, so now the other ones will also be booked elsewhere. No commission for Disney... It is very lame that they cannot provide an adequate server or updates to make the website functional. Maybe it has to do with the outsourcing of the IT jobs?

I agree....the Disney websites could all use an update! The DVC one is terrible as well. MyDisneyExperience.com isn't much better on some days, DCL is bad because it hangs up a lot, and you have to log in, and then enter your reservation number & birthday, etc, every time. It also hangs up sometimes. Hope they update the systems soon. Worth it though....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter