DCL Wonder vs RCCL Oasis

21stamps

DIS Veteran
I'm all ready to book a 7 night Baja on the Wonder tomorrow-
However, I don't know what the dry dock will entail and the more I think about it -I don't know if that ship is right for my son.

I had originally planned on doing an Oasis class in later 2017 (have MSC booked next summer for Iceland).

For those who have done both-
Which would be better for a 7 year old boy?

I'm all ready to book a 7 night Baja on the Wonder tomorrow-
However, I don't know what the dry dock will entail and the more I think about it -I don't know if that ship is right for my son.

I had originally planned on doing an Oasis class in later 2017 (have MSC booked next summer for Iceland).

For those who have done both-
Which would be better for a 7 year old boy?
When our oldest grandson was seven, we took him on Wonder and he loved it. His next cruise was on RCL (Freedom), and after that he had no desire to go back to Disney. When our youngest grandson was seven, we took him on Wonder and he was completely bored. He had already been on an RCL cruise (Liberty). YMMV, but Oasis offers a ton more for a kid to do than any Disney ship. Given the choice, I'd do Oasis over Disney in a heartbeat (and we're Platinum on Disney).

When our oldest grandson was seven, we took him on Wonder and he loved it. His next cruise was on RCL (Freedom), and after that he had no desire to go back to Disney. When our youngest grandson was seven, we took him on Wonder and he was completely bored. He had already been on an RCL cruise (Liberty). YMMV, but Oasis offers a ton more for a kid to do than any Disney ship. Given the choice, I'd do Oasis over Disney in a heartbeat (and we're Platinum on Disney).
This is what I'm worried about.

My son's first cruise will be on the DCL fantasy this coming winter- he loves all things Christmas so I thought a very Merrytime cruise would be perfect.

His second cruise with be on MSC next summer for an 11 night UK/Iceland. DCL was double the price, and honestly this is such a port intensive cruise that I think the ship is less important.

I went ahead and booked the Wonder this morning- for the Haloween theme, but now I'm a little fearful that the ship may be a let down after the other 2. I'm not going to cancel yet, but I agree that the Oasis has more to do for that age group. We'll see.

My son is 4 and my daughter will be 2 right after the cruise. I have booked Liberty of the seas this December but I got such a mix reviews about the ship. My son had fun on Disney dream last year ( my daughter is little too small for anything on that ship). What do you think will be better for my kids, liberty or Oasis? I'm just afraid Oasis might be wayyyy too big and too crowded.

My son is 4 and my daughter will be 2 right after the cruise. I have booked Liberty of the seas this December but I got such a mix reviews about the ship. My son had fun on Disney dream last year ( my daughter is little too small for anything on that ship). What do you think will be better for my kids, liberty or Oasis? I'm just afraid Oasis might be wayyyy too big and too crowded.
At that age either one would be good. Both have a huge kids splash area (H2O Zone), and great kids clubs (4YO). Oasis also has a carousel and both have DreamWorks characters. My preference would be Oasis, but only because I refuse to sail out of Galveston.

At that age either one would be good. Both have a huge kids splash area (H2O Zone), and great kids clubs (4YO). Oasis also has a carousel and both have DreamWorks characters. My preference would be Oasis, but only because I refuse to sail out of Galveston.
I have never take the cruise out of Galveston and I did read a lot of how horrible story regarding the port. I think I will keep my Liberty of the seas reservation this year and maybe try Oasis next year. Oasis is like a city to me with all that stuff on the cruise. We will start small and work our way up so we don't get overwhelmed. Thank you so much for your advice. Now I have to do the research what to do with the kids on port days.:-)

Ok so, I just received another "complimentary" Carnival cruise. And this time the Vista is not blacked out.

Anyone have experience with that ship? I'm almost considering cancelling my June cruise and replacing this with it, may be worth eating that cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter