DCP and Tattoos?

HadesGirl17

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! I had a question I was hoping someone would be able to help me out with. I have a tattoo on my ankle and I know you can't have visible tattoos in the DCP program. I am going to college for hotel management and I'm hoping to get into the DCP for the hotel front desk or concierge. Do the uniforms cover your legs enough that I won't have to worry about my tattoo showing? I wish I knew how to put a picture on here, but I just joined today. My mom has been on here for years so I usually just use hers. It's a Disney tattoo, of course, and it's pretty small. So any suggestions on how to cover it or if the uniforms will do that for me would be great! Thanks!

It really depends on the resort that you end up working at. A lot of them have front desk and concierge CM wear pants, but some locations have female CM wear skirts and then you'd likely have to cover it with makeup. Whenever you apply and have your phone interview just be sure to bring it up when they ask about tattoos and piercings.

I got accepted to the DCP and I have two tattoos; one on my shoulder and one on the top of my back/bottom of my neck. The one on my shoulder will be covered by my costume (Vacation Planner) and the other one might be, but if not, I'll have to wear make-up. They basically just tell you that if you're tattoo is visible, you have to cover it with either your costume or make-up.

Both my sister and I did CP and she was the only one with an issue. She had a tattoo on her inner wrist and she was a vacation Planner. They made her cover it up with make-up and Dermablend is the one Disney recommends.

If your tattoo is on your ankle you should be fine. If it doesn't end up covered by your costume, you can even just wrap it in an ace bandage to cover it. As long as it matches your skin tone, then it is in Disney Look :) I know it's been said already, but make sure you mention it in your interview. It won't ruin your chances of being accepted, but it will cause a problem with Disney if you show up to check in with a tattoo that they can see and did not know about. Good Luck!!

There are many ways to cover that are Disney approved, even beyond makeup. I saw two girls with them on their ankles one trip, I knew because their "covering" had slipped. One was a character attendant in shorts so she had a large square band-aid over it. Another was working the parade at MK one night and she had on a skirt. She had a pair of skin toned crew height socks on and one has slipped a bit. I've seen quite a few others that I was surprised to see so it won't hurt your chances.

Totally agree with others, tell them in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter