DCP Spring 2014

Best of luck to all of you DCP hopefuls! My sister did her phone interview today, so now the waiting begins! :coffee:

I did my phone interview today. I've been studying for it for a long time. The questions on this blog were very helpful. I was asked a lot of the questions that I've read on here. I was asked one that was a little different from what I've read in regards to attractions:

If you were operating a ride vehicle and it stopped working, how would you keep the guests happy until it started working again? (something along those lines)

Other questions I can remember:
Why do you want to do the DCP?
How would you react in an emergency situation?
Describe a time when you had to multi-task and how you handled it.
Be able to relate your past job experiences with those you want at Disney.

Remember to smile. She told me at the beginning it would last 20 minutes. Mine was 18 min. The interviewer talks really fast!

I'm really jealous of everyone doing their phone interviews. :guilty: Day 3 with no WBI yet. When it's my time I will be happy even if it isn't spring. popcorn::
Good luck everyone!!!

I just applied, I think. I went to cp.disneycareers.com and selected the college program and then I selected apply. I typed in my work history, what jobs I'd want, where I was applying to, etc and then it said they'd email me if the positions I applied for became available. ? I've applied before and I did the online interview and then the phone interview...where is that? I don't remember them emailing me? Is this something new? It said this spanned for the entire program and not to apply again. But there was no online interview?

I did my phone interview today. I've been studying for it for a long time. The questions on this blog were very helpful. I was asked a lot of the questions that I've read on here. I was asked one that was a little different from what I've read in regards to attractions:

If you were operating a ride vehicle and it stopped working, how would you keep the guests happy until it started working again? (something along those lines)

Other questions I can remember:
Why do you want to do the DCP?
How would you react in an emergency situation?
Describe a time when you had to multi-task and how you handled it.
Be able to relate your past job experiences with those you want at Disney.

Remember to smile. She told me at the beginning it would last 20 minutes. Mine was 18 min. The interviewer talks really fast!

This was exactly like my interview! I just got off the phone about 25 mins ago and think I did a great job. Mine lasted 20 mins exactly - her name was Emilene (hope it wasn't Emily because I kept calling her Emilene and thanked her at the end. Good luck everyone!

I don't think you did something right. The roles to select were in the application. It should have also asked if you want Spring or Spring Advantage, Florida or California, and if you're enrolled in college, etc.

You dont get to do the WBI directly after filling out the application. You have to wait for the "thanks for applying" email, then the invitation for the WBI comes later. Then another email for the phone interview.

I actually talked with my speech teacher, we're going to go over the questions. She says she's gotten every job she's ever applied for because she knows how to talk to an employer. Even if she doesn't know a lick about actually performing the job. I have one more week for the phone interview.

I applied Friday and have my phone interview next Wednesday! I'm so excited! I've wanted to do this since High School and this is my last semester in college so it's pretty much my last chance. I hope I get it! Good luck everyone on their WBI's and phone interviews! :)

I just had my phone interview, and I think It went good! But I had typed up a list of the questions that were repeated mutipl times from other peoples interviews and it helped me so much!!! also I recorded my interview so if anyone wants to see it just let me know :) I marked the ones I was asked.

***Why do you want to participate in the DCP?
Why do you want to work for Disney?
***How do you deal with repetitive work days?
Experience speaking in front of groups?
***How do you feel about roommates?
Living away from home?
***Tattoos? Piercings?
Familiar with parks?
How will CP help professionally?
What makes you a good candidate?
What can you offer the company?
Situation with a tough boss, teacher, etc?
***Work alone or with a group?
***Previous jobs?
***Top 3 roles?
***How would you handle an emergency?
***How would you make a guest’s day magical?
***Slow or fast paced?
***Interrupted while doing a task?
***Indoors or out?
***Overwhelmed and couldn’t complete a task?
Handled money before?
***Familiar with Disney look?
Weaknesses?

I just had my phone interview. Mine wasn't like how most people have said theirs was so it worried me.

We went over information on my application and my current job.

She asked me why I wanted to go into the program.
Then about what I do at my job
Then how I have handled a customer who was upset or angry
Then how I have helped out a customer.

Then she went through the roles I wanted and if I was interested in all the aspects.

I turned down only 2 which I think gives me a good chance since I am interested in a variety. There are definitely some I want more than others, but I did tell her that.

We then talked about the disney look.

Then it was over. Only 13 minutes!!! I feel like because of how short and the lack of questions to elaborate on I am probably not gonna get in :(

Then it was over. Only 13 minutes!!! I feel like because of how short and the lack of questions to elaborate on I am probably not gonna get in :(

What roles did you include?
Spr or Spr Adv?
My S (Spr Adv 2011) phone interview lasted 13 minutes. He got it as QSFB.

I've already been moved to NLIC for the DCP. I had my interview yesterday and thought it went extremely well. Can anyone help me figure out how to find out why I moved to NLIC? Can you email someone and ask?

I'm a graduate student. I've also applied to a PI and am "in progress." Could this have hurt my chances on being accepted to the DCP?

Any help would be most appreciated!

I've already been moved to NLIC for the DCP. I had my interview yesterday and thought it went extremely well. Can anyone help me figure out how to find out why I moved to NLIC? Can you email someone and ask?

I'm a graduate student. I've also applied to a PI and am "in progress." Could this have hurt my chances on being accepted to the DCP?

I don't have the answers, but I'm sorry for your luck. That really stinks. =(
The only thing I can think of is that they receive so many responses that they unfortunately have to weed some out. :confused3

What were your top 3 choices?

I know a lot if people who were in process for PIs and DCP at the same time, myself included. Most of us didn't get the PIs we applied for but did get the DCP.

What questions were you asked during your phone interview and what were your answers?

Also how many positions did you mark as no interest in?

Hi all, I just had my interview yesterday, and I received my 'thank you for interviewing' email a few hours later, but I recently got another email stating,

"Dear Toby,
Thank you for your interest in the Disney College Program!

We are currently processing your application, and at this time your status is pending a final decision. We will be in contact with you if we require additional information. The Disney College Program is a competitive internship and we receive thousands of applications every program season. Our team is evaluating your qualifications, and you will be contacted with an update on the status of your application by November 15th, 2013. If you are not contacted within this timeframe, please contact our office at 1-800-722-2930."

Does anyone have any insight as to what this means? Because I do recall saying that I would hear back in 2-3 weeks, but now it's by November 15, so I'm a bit confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter