DD 1st Disney Trip

eeyorelvr09

A rough road leads to the stars
We are planning a birthday trip for our daughter in October 2015. She will be 2 and we are also making this an extended family vacation as well. We have upwards of 15+ people going. I am usually a planner, but know that it is not realistic in trying to get that many people together. We are trying to get at least 1 dinner all together at Cali Grill and potentially and guys night and girls night together. IF that happens I will be VERY happy.

Anywho, I am asking, for those who have experience with a "grand gathering" or traveling with little ones how you have faired? We are going to be there from Oct. 18-24, will be celebrating a lot (birthdays, anniversary, first trips), will be attending food & wine and will be using the Plus dining plan. We are looking to stay at Riverside or Pop Century.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

We did a 3 generation trip with ages from 4 months to 70. My biggest advice is don't plan to spend all your time together. It will drive you nuts and it's hard to get everyone to agree on a time to leave in the mornings. I would suggest planning a couple of big meals together and let smaller family groups do most other meals separately.

We did a 3 generation trip with ages from 4 months to 70. My biggest advice is don't plan to spend all your time together. It will drive you nuts and it's hard to get everyone to agree on a time to leave in the mornings. I would suggest planning a couple of big meals together and let smaller family groups do most other meals separately.

Ditto. With a group it get's difficult to make sure that everyone experiences what they want out of the trip. Focus on your immediate family and work in the group here and there. :)

We are planning a birthday trip for our daughter in October 2015. She will be 2 and we are also making this an extended family vacation as well. We have upwards of 15+ people going. I am usually a planner, but know that it is not realistic in trying to get that many people together. We are trying to get at least 1 dinner all together at Cali Grill and potentially and guys night and girls night together. IF that happens I will be VERY happy.

Anywho, I am asking, for those who have experience with a "grand gathering" or traveling with little ones how you have faired? We are going to be there from Oct. 18-24, will be celebrating a lot (birthdays, anniversary, first trips), will be attending food & wine and will be using the Plus dining plan. We are looking to stay at Riverside or Pop Century.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

With large groups, I would suggest POR over Pop. The larger rooms and outdoor spaces will be appreciated. I know when we traveled with 17, the kids liked to get together in one room and the adults in another(or two). You also have the option of a sit down restaurant that you would not have at POP. The outdoor movies at night and smores by the bonfire at POR were fun and everyone could decompress from the long days.

Agree with PP that you should not try to do everything together. It's time consuming and someone is always unhappy or left out. Spend half days at the parks together maybe (the rest of the day on your own), plan a few dinners/meals together and then let everyone do what they prefer at the other times. We would book a few FP+ at the same time and meet for those attractions at certain times. Then we would separate and head in different directions for a while. If people decide to stick together for a while and do activities they have in common, great. If not, people should feel free to enjoy things the way the like.

Thank you everyone. We definitely plan on getting a special dinner together. I will definitely heed the advice on not trying to get everyone together all the time. I'm feeling anxious because there are some that are going that never have been or haven't been in decades.

Thanks again, all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter