DD is CRAWLING

Pembo

OH-IO
As dh put it, we knew this day was coming and we weren't really looking forward to it.

Gone are the days I can put her down and go about my business.
Gone are the days I can DIS when she is awake. Why do all babies like cords?

She'll be 8 months on Friday......I can't believe it!

8 months :earseek:

It seems like only yesterday that we got to see your newborn baby girl. They really do grow up (too) quickly.

Believe me, I know how you feel. Its more than cords, as you will soon learn I'm sure. DS likes to crawl over to the coffee table or my desk and pull himself up and start grab stuff off of them. You will also learn that they have a fasination for electrical sockets. I don't know what's up with that??? I have those covers for mine, but he's still drawn to them. I don't know what the deal is?

Anyway, I never got much use out of the play pin until after DS started crawling, but now when I need to do laundry or dishes I have no choice but to put him in there...if I don't, he'll crawl all over the place.

The next horror will be when they learn to walk...then RUN. After that, we'll never be able to keep up with them :)

Welcome to the club! :wave:

DS has been crawling now for about a month and he is making tremendous progress in other areas as well including cruising around on the furniture and climbing. :eek: He also LOVES electrical cords and appears drawn to them by some mysterious force. We actually rearranged some of our furniture to make it harder for him to get to them.

How fun! She'll be walking before you know it. Our babies just grow up so fast.

I remember that age....... Yes, I hope you have a play pen. Mine came in handy when DS started crawling. Althogh, he soon learned how to get out of the play pen and his baby bed :)

I opened this thread thinking you were going to be all excited and happy about this terrific event, but found out you seem like it's going to be a big problem!

Don't know if you're a SAHM, but if you are, your should be doing more than DISing and "going about your business."

As I and other Moms who work outside the home, I would have been ECSTATIC to be able to be there when our DD starting crawling.

Good luck...

So exciting!! Have fun chasing after her! :teeth:
I can't believe she's 8 mos. already.

Pembo ~ That is wonderful...my how time flies. Oh I remember when (off to dream land...).
Now is the tough time...trying to keep up. Have fun, that is so great.

Oh wow! I THINK I can remember those days. Time really flies and now just try to keep up.

Before you know it she will be starting school, and all that goes with it. Think you're busy now just wait. :rolleyes:

Enjoy her as she grows, and DO grab the breaks and diversions when you can - they keep you sane!

Deb

Oh man, I feel for you! DD crawled at 8 months and walked at 10! Trust me, your life will never be the same! :p We actually had a professional baby-proofer do our house when DD got to this point and I was really glad as he thought of things we never considered. Now that DD is almost 3 (geez, does time fly!) we use a lot of the same things for the puppy!

That is so exciting!!! Enjoy chasing her and watching her grow :)

She has already figured out how to pull herself up and loves to "stand" at the bottom of the steps. Oy...the day when she makes it up will be a fun one! I just wish learning to go down was easy as going up!

Where did the past 8 months go?! :)

And we do enjoy her. Being our 3rd we know what to expect but it still is a surprise when it all begins again.............

Awww. :)

I was a sap. I cried with every accomplishment. :)

Barb, It doesn't seem possible!:eek: Nows when the fun begins!:rolleyes:

TC:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter