DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas to Amy! You will love her! My cleaning lady was the best birthday present I ever got. Just remember, her cleaning may not be as spotless or as perfect as you would like, but the carpets are vacuumed, the furniture is dusted and the bathrooms are shiny.

If I can get my act together I need to get her name from you. When I was doing some teaching from our house we used to have a housekeeper. But when I stopped that and taught only in the studio I felt like it was no longer necessary. It was also pretty easy to let her go as she had gotten lax and things were not done very well. I am NOT a picky housekeeper, so it was not that she was not cleaning up to my expectations, but that she was really not cleaning much at all anymore! Coming home to dust on the top of the entertainment center and whole sections of the kitchen floor un-mopped just seemed like a waste of money. :sad2:

I honestly think that I would do better on a daily basis (as would Bob and Kristin!) if we had someone to answer to every week.

Robyn I am glad Lucy slept well last night, I hope she continues to feel better :wizard:

Amy how cool getting a cleaning lady for a day :cool1: Glad to hear Noah slept good for you last night! Hope you can find some relief from your headaches :wizard:

Jennifer I can't believe your babies are cutting teeth already, seems like they were just born!

Glynis I hope all is well with you & peanut, it will not be to much longer!

I don't usually do this, but I am taking the opportunity to quote you, Janet. My repaired laptop arrived yesterday and I need to get it up and running again so I am really skimming this morning. All seems well with it, but I have lots of work I need to do and don't want any surprises.

So, thanks for such a quotable post! :goodvibes

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, Just copy & change all the answers so that they apply to you.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? After January 3rd

5. Do you like eggnog? Yuck! No!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie doll set

7. Favorite person to buy for? My boy's

8. Easiest person to buy for? No one really lol

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither lately :rolleyes1

11. Best Christmas gift you ever received? A Christmas Card Garrett made me, I will cherish it forever :goodvibes

12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Can't think of anything

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life

14. When do you start shopping? October/November

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets!

17. Lights on the tree? Maybe colored this year

18. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night

19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home This year

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Have used both, but this year will be Tinkerbell

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That people forget the real meaning of Christmas.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Ornaments the boys made at school with their pictures on them.

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? MIL's Prime Rib & her pecan pie!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A happy, healthy family

27. What does your family do at Christmas for fun? Get together with family, watch movies & eat.

28. Do you go to church? No

Noticed this notice on the DIS this morning. I am hopingthat the AirTran fee is grandfathered and we will only have to pay the $25 for our one additional bag!

Guests who are flying on , Alaska or JetBlue, may check one bag per person. Additional checked bags on these carriers require a payment of a fee.
Guests flying United Airlines who use the Resort Check-In are currently exempt from the airline's checked bag fee. (This is subject to change at any time.)
Guests who are flying on AirTran**, American, Continental, Delta**, Northwest or USAirways need to pay the airline's checked bag fee for all luggage prior to utilizing the Resort Check-In service. If this fee is not paid in advance, the bags will need to be checked by you upon arrival at the airport.
** - Effective December 5, AirTran and Delta will begin charging for the first checked bag
The checked/excess bag fees are paid via Baggage Airline Guest Services (BAGS), the contractor for this service. The extra bag fee must be paid to BAGS in advance of using your resort's airline check-in service.
BAGS can be reached by calling 407-284-1231 between 7am and 11pm. This call is free when made from your Disney resort room. Only Master Card, Visa and American Express are accepted as payment.
If your luggage does not meet size/weight requirements and you have not paid the fees in advance, you will be unable to check the bags in at your resort. You will need to check-in your luggage upon arrival at the Orlando airport.

I'm sorry, could you let them chew on cold, wet washcloth? Lucy loved that a lot.

Question for you, it seems Lucy's ear drum burst, there is nothing that I can do, right? There was yucky stuff all crusted over her ear and her crib. Since the dr's not open yet I figured I'd asked you!

Not trying to scare you, but I had even more pain from the drainage after my eardrum burst. I had to go back & get my ear scraped & now I hope to never see an ear Dr. again :scared1:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper

2. Real tree or Artificial? Used to be real, but now its artificial

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving after dinner

4. When do you take the tree down? January 2

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, yummy

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A huge doll house

7. Favorite person to buy for? I like buying for everyone

8. Easiest person to buy for? The cousins

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both

11. Best Christmas gift you ever received?

12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? No movie, Cartoons

14. When do you start shopping? September

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Fruit Cake

17. Lights on the tree? Multi-color

18. Favorite Christmas song? Silver Bells

19. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner and Blitzen. And the most famous one of all Rudolph the red nosed Reindeer.

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve (John and I) Christmas day the rest of the family.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Political Correctness

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? The ones John made as a child.

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't really have a favorite, and I do all the cooking.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? John and I are not exchanging, as we are going to Disney next year.

27. What does your family do at Christmas for fun? Nothing

28. Do you go to church? No

Does anyone have a suggestion on a book on parenting a tween?:rolleyes1

I am not kidding, I need help. The way I was brought up does not seem to work during these times & since my mom did not raise me I have no guidance. Thanks.

Congrats to your brother, Jen!

Ditto! That is terrific news.

Oh, that's right. I still owe you a fashion show. Well, maybe now that I'm wearing most of the new clothes that I bought in the summer, I'll get some pictures for you guys. I did have one taken to send to my old team. Let me set this up. I have NOT worn a dress/skirt in probably 7-8 years. That was probably to a wedding. Well, when I went through my business clothes, I didn't have enough clothes for two weeks without wearing the same thing twice or wearing a skirt/dress. So I...

Vickiinadress.jpg

wore a dress. This is in the secretary's office.

I like the dress, and the hair.

They are both very pretty, but I vote for the solid black.

Me, too.

Wow! Some pretty lady pictures posted!:goodvibes

I just read something that made my day.
I participate in the Make a Wish Big Give. I made a Christmas set for a little girl and her Mom loved it. I was moved to tears.
She posted it in her trip report here.

Tom -- you are such a generous person. I love the hidden Mickey in buttons!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Lucy. She slept through the night, I only heard her cry out once and that was when we were putting the girls to bed.

I am hoping the antibiotic kicks in and clears it up. We are to leave on Wednesday for Michigan and I don't want to have to deal with her being sick while we are away from home.

I need to get things caught up around here, the dirty laundry has again overtaken the basement. I can so relate to the feeling that everyone is having of no motivation and overwhelming. You would think that me being home would at least let me stay caught up on laundry but I am lazy and don't want to bother with it when the kids are here. I can use nap time to do a lot and everyday I waste that time magnificently! So between the sleep issues, the girl scout stuff and then the regular day to day crap nothing ever seems to get done.

I haven't attempted to pack for our trip but I guess you need clean clothes to do that! I also need to clean, I mean really CLEAN, the house as Joe will be staying here when he comes home for Thanksgiving. He is so mad that we won't be here. Since he doesn't leave til Monday morning I promised him we'd be home early Sunday afternoon so we can hang out a bit. We plan to leave Michigan Saturday evening and drive half way and then stop for the night.

I hope Lucy continues to feel better. Tell Joe hello. He is such a cutie!

This may only be a coincidence, but I gave Noah a small dose of Tylenol right before bed, since he's teething something fierce, and he set a new record in the sleep department...6 straight hours! :cool1:

It was really cute. Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone!:goodvibes

The two guys in charge are going to have to recruit help next time, because I know this is going to become a popular event. They told me it took them until 4 a.m. to take the pictures and finish the scrapbooks.

Thank you, thank you!!!

Our router got disconnected. :headache:

You are amazing, Tom! Thanks for starting up our next chapter. :)

I hope Noah starts a trend of sleeping longer!

I think I have ANOTHER sinus infection. This would be the third one since July. I have had a constant headache for a week now, so I'm going to go to the doctor this afternoon.

I think I've told you all before that Kevin and I never exchange presents for any occasion...we're just always saving for our next Disney trip. Well, I asked for a present this Christmas. I made a deal with him that I would find our laundry room floor, organize all the toys and closets, make a huge donation of various items to the next local charity who calls and asks for them, etc. and I would be rewarded with a cleaning lady!

Our neighbor cleans houses and she's agreed to come over and get down to the nitty-gritty while we're up in Huron for Thanksgiving. I am so excited!

I'm glad you are going to the doctor. I've been struggling over the last few months -- fall allergies are my worst, but I've been fairly lucky until now. I've been having major sinus headaches, no energy, and have been sneezing and stopped up the last couple of days. I'm trying mucinex now, (along with my every day antihistamine, decongestant and nose spray) but I'm afraid mine is turning in to an infection as well. Yesterday was my third day on Afrin, so I couldn't use it again for a while. I shouldn't complain, as I've usually had at least two sinus infections between Sept. and Nov., but I'll complain anyway because I have too much to do to slow down. :rolleyes:

I think that sounds like a perfect Christmas present! I hope she does a good job.

Lots of stuff going on at work -- some good, some not so good, as it looks like we'll be laying off at least one, maybe two people. (And we only have 10 full time staff.) It also looks like we might not have Christmas bonuses, and mine goes to help pay tuition for the boys' school, so I'll definitely miss it. Oh well -- I'm lucky that Randy and I both have jobs and we are healthy.

I hope all the people who are sick feel better ASAP. Have a good day everyone!

I am not kidding, I need help. The way I was brought up does not seem to work during these times & since my mom did not raise me I have no guidance. Thanks.

I'm interested in the suggestions you get as well!

Oh yea & in 13 days I will be in Disney!!!!!!!!!

Yahoo!

No suggestions, just a :hug:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper, but it depends on the size of the item!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Several artificial trees.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I can find time --usually the weekend before Thanksgiving, although Jake put his up last night.

4. When do you take the tree down? Before the new year.

5. Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A playhouse.

7. Favorite person to buy for? My boys.

8. Easiest person to buy for? This seems to change from year to year.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Best Christmas gift you ever received? My family being together.

12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Cactus salt and pepper shakers.

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas and Holiday Inn

14. When do you start shopping? Whenever I find something I know someone will like.

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Desserts

17. Lights on the tree? White

18. Favorite Christmas song? White Christmas and now Silent Night. It was Mom's favorite.

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Of course!

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have mostly star's or ribbon on the tip of our trees.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve with Randy's family and Christmas day with my family.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? That it's the busiest time of year at my work so it's hard to enjoy it without being so stressed.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? The ones my kids have made.

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Everything, unfortunately.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Health and job stability for my family. The ability to pay my boys' tuition in June.

27. What does your family do at Christmas for fun? Watch movies, see lights.

28. Do you go to church? On Christmas Eve when we can -- we are usually driving back from Austin.

Lots of stuff going on at work -- some good, some not so good, as it looks like we'll be laying off at least one, maybe two people. (And we only have 10 full time staff.) It also looks like we might not have Christmas bonuses, and mine goes to help pay tuition for the boys' school, so I'll definitely miss it. Oh well -- I'm lucky that Randy and I both have jobs and we are healthy.

I hope all the people who are sick feel better ASAP. Have a good day everyone!

Marci sorry to hear about the cutbacks & bonuses. :wizard: that you will still get one!

Can you call the school and ask a guidance counselor for book recommendations? Or call the pediatrician? I haven't really read any books about 'tweens. When DS was younger I read some stuff specifically about parenting boys, but nothing lately.

Marci sorry to hear about the cutbacks & bonuses. :wizard: that you will still get one!

Marci, I hope you still get a bonus! :wizard: And I hope you feel better soon!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer gift bags, but for DS and DH I wrap.

2. Real tree or Artificial? IF we were putting up a tree it would be artificial.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever.

4. When do you take the tree down? Before Valentine's Day.

5. Do you like eggnog? No

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Bicycle.

7. Favorite person to buy for? DS

8. Easiest person to buy for? DS

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but we don't display it because it is too fragile. We are afraid the cats will jump in it. It is one that was handmade by one of MIL's friends.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

11. Best Christmas gift you ever received? WDW trip

12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? New inner tube for a bike tire.

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Nightmare? It sort of spans Halloween and Christmas.

14. When do you start shopping? It varies.

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sweets!

17. Lights on the tree? White

18. Favorite Christmas song? "If Not At Christmas"

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep.

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? We have an angel that I am not thrilled with, but I haven't been able to find a topper I like better.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We used to do Christmas Eve when Mom lived here, now we just open things Christmas morning.

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Eh, it's all equal.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hallmark

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Nothing, really.

27. What does your family do at Christmas for fun? Argue?

28. Do you go to church? Nope.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? about half and half

2. Real tree or Artificial? Several artificial trees...Abi can't handle the smell of a real one.

3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever I can find time. We put them up last weekend...now to decorate them. :rotfl:

4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I found time....usually late January (can you tell I love the season)

5. Do you like eggnog? icky, blechy!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? a kodak 110. The first year that I didn't get what was needed for Christmas (boots one year, coat the next)

7. Favorite person to buy for? the girls

8. Easiest person to buy for? nobody

9. Do you have a nativity scene? a whole collection, always on the lookout for a new one that makes me go ahhhh. I want to go back to the Christmas Store Glynis and I went to...they had a whole corner of creches and while some were odd I loved the rest!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? ummmm.....I am a bad girl and don't send cards:rolleyes1

11. Best Christmas gift you ever received? I seriously can't think of one...I am a pain in the tookus to buy for but there is nothing that stands out. Except maybe the year I got an easy bake oven from my mom.

12. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? a troll doll

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? all of them!:upsidedow

14. When do you start shopping? Whenever I find something I know someone will like.

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? my fudge, rice chex treats

17. Lights on the tree? White and purple

18. Favorite Christmas song? all of the ones that aren't supposed to be funny (like, Grandma got run over by a reindeer). My favorite one to sing is "Mary, Did You Know?"

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? if I try really hard

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have three that cycle to the big tree...an angel and two bubble spires.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? cranky people....used to be Marci's answer but I don't have that to worry about :upsidedow

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? The ones my girls get each year because they have a grand time putting them up and I have fun figuring it out each year!!

25. Favorite for Christmas dinner? ham and our tradition of going to a "fancy" restaurant on Christmas Eve.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? things to be less stressful, a job that makes me happy.

27. What does your family do at Christmas for fun? we go on a "light" tour, go to a movie at the full price (or a Disney on Ice show...depends on the year)

28. Do you go to church? yes

I don't have a book, but I did it twice... let me know if I can help. :hug:

Noticed this notice on the DIS this morning. I am hopingthat the AirTran fee is grandfathered and we will only have to pay the $25 for our one additional bag!

Guests who are flying on , Alaska or JetBlue, may check one bag per person. Additional checked bags on these carriers require a payment of a fee.
Guests flying United Airlines who use the Resort Check-In are currently exempt from the airline's checked bag fee. (This is subject to change at any time.)
Guests who are flying on AirTran**, American, Continental, Delta**, Northwest or USAirways need to pay the airline's checked bag fee for all luggage prior to utilizing the Resort Check-In service. If this fee is not paid in advance, the bags will need to be checked by you upon arrival at the airport.
** - Effective December 5, AirTran and Delta will begin charging for the first checked bag
The checked/excess bag fees are paid via Baggage Airline Guest Services (BAGS), the contractor for this service. The extra bag fee must be paid to BAGS in advance of using your resort's airline check-in service.
BAGS can be reached by calling 407-284-1231 between 7am and 11pm. This call is free when made from your Disney resort room. Only Master Card, Visa and American Express are accepted as payment.
If your luggage does not meet size/weight requirements and you have not paid the fees in advance, you will be unable to check the bags in at your resort. You will need to check-in your luggage upon arrival at the Orlando airport.
According to Airtran's website, if you purchased your airline ticket prior to Nov. 12, there should NOT be any fee. I fly airtran home on Dec. 6. :rolleyes:

First Checked Bag
Effective December 5, 2008, for all reservations booked on or after November 12, 2008, the charge for the first checked bag will be $15. For reservations booked prior to this date, for each fare-paying customer, AirTran Airways will allow one (1) checked bag free of charge, with size and weight limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter