DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

TGIF guys. I expect to have a busy weekend ahead. DD12 is in the city Christmas Parade (first of two) on Sunday. I also told DW I would start on the Christmas lights since the guys across the street did it last weekend and now I am trying to keep up with the Jones' It's forecasting rain all weekend though so we'll see how it goes.

And a Happy Birthday to Mark!

Mornin' Dads! Happy Friday to all, unless you work tomorrow, like I do. Well, yesterday proved to be an interesting day. My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job.
Sorry to hear this. Best of luck with finding something long term.

Wet day here today but good news, it may snow tomorrow.
It's been raining and windy for two days here and not supposed to get better for the next week. But no snow...yet. All rain.

Ordered our Turkey for Fakesgiving. O' Canadian dads, the Lady K wants to have Poutine as a side dish, do you guys add anything aside from the cheese curds and the gravy? Fat or thin chips (fries)? pre made gravy or has anyone got a recipe?
I'm just glad you're making it with cheese curds. Some try to pretend grated mozzarella is the same as curds. If it doesn't squeak when you eat it, it's not poutine.
I prefer thin chips, but I've seen any kind of cut.
I don't often make gravy since it's never as good as my mother's, but if I do I don't use a recipe and just make it up. Beef broth, pan drippings, flour for thickener, gravy browning. It's probably why my gravy is crap. Honestly, most times I think it's just as easy to use pre-made stuff that comes from a can or powder mix.

Ordered our Turkey for Fakesgiving. O' Canadian dads, the Lady K wants to have Poutine as a side dish, do you guys add anything aside from the cheese curds and the gravy? Fat or thin chips (fries)? pre made gravy or has anyone got a recipe? Leaving aside the fact that Fries shouldn't be anywhere near a Fakesgiving table, any comments or suggestions welcome.

We never make it at home, just order it up at various places.

Disney / Aulani has been a PITA the past couple of days as I was unable to book anything for June DVC at 7 month window. Even though rooms showed available just before the 7:00 a.m. gong sure enough no dice when hit the complete button, but May, which didn't work for us had plenty of availability.
Sorry bud. Even though this gives my an Espresso drought a run for its money for "first world problem of the week".
I'm just glad you're making it with cheese curds. Some try to pretend grated mozzarella is the same as curds. If it doesn't squeak when you eat it, it's not poutine.
Cheers mate. I figured this was kind of 90% of the authenticity, so I have some coming from a Cheese farm. Our supermarket makes some pretty good gravy in a bag, so I was going for Chicken gravy to tie it in with the Poultry on the dinner.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. As its Mark's birthday, he gets to meet us all at the ESPN bar for pitchers of beer and an Eagles game, and then on to take Peggy Carter home. And let me tell ya Mark, she's only interested in your Super Soldier.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Top O the Mornin Dads!
Happy Birthday Mark
Have a good weekend with the family gents!
Mornin' Dads! Happy Friday to all, unless you work tomorrow, like I do. Well, yesterday proved to be an interesting day. My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job. I was told that I've at least been extended through February, so there's that. He thinks I should stick around because he has a good feeling that they will ultimately wind up hiring me. I told him, "That may be the case, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If at the end of all this they decide not to fill the position, I'm screwed out of a job when I could have been looking while getting some kind of paycheck." He understood and doesn't blame me one bit, but he still thinks I should stick around. At least now I can look and not worry about upsetting the apple cart. You know? And not being a full-time permanent employee means all I lose is the time I take to do the interviews. I was talking with a friend who's worked as an HR manager, who's in the same position I'm in right now with her temp job, and said that at least this job puts something other than high priced, high class old white shoe law firms on my resume. And she agreed. She agreed that this makes me more marketable. Well, I'm outta here. I'm working in the warehouse all day, so my access will be limited. Have a good day, guys.

That sounds like fun...unfortunately I wasn't playing on the forklift. I was playing with the pallet jack, which I know how to use, but not according to his standards. :teeth:

I would love to move to Florida, preferably close to WDW and work there part-time after I retire, but it won't happen. I do love where I live, but more importantly the DW wouldn't move. As a musician, her business is all by word of mouth, so she would basically have to start all over again.
Sorry to hear, hope things turn for the better.
TGIF guys. I expect to have a busy weekend ahead. DD12 is in the city Christmas Parade (first of two) on Sunday. I also told DW I would start on the Christmas lights since the guys across the street did it last weekend and now I am trying to keep up with the Jones' It's forecasting rain all weekend though so we'll see how it goes.
Good Luck with the exterior decorating. Hoping to do the same stuff this weekend and next to wrap things up but mother nature may not be very cooperative.

Ordered our Turkey for Fakesgiving. O' Canadian dads, the Lady K wants to have Poutine as a side dish, do you guys add anything aside from the cheese curds and the gravy? Fat or thin chips (fries)? pre made gravy or has anyone got a recipe? Leaving aside the fact that Fries shouldn't be anywhere near a Fakesgiving table, any comments or suggestions welcome.
Mmmmmm...poutine. My vote would be thin chips, but then again, that's always my vote. If I wanted a baked potato, I'd order a baked potato. If I order fries, I want them crisp. I need to find someplace local to get cheese curds or find some place that isn't Disney prices to get poutine.

Mornin' Dads! Happy Friday to all, unless you work tomorrow, like I do. Well, yesterday proved to be an interesting day. My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job. I was told that I've at least been extended through February, so there's that. He thinks I should stick around because he has a good feeling that they will ultimately wind up hiring me. I told him, "That may be the case, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If at the end of all this they decide not to fill the position, I'm screwed out of a job when I could have been looking while getting some kind of paycheck."
That sucks. Praying your medical coding goal works out.

My job is to smoke the turkey and let everyone else worry about the rest of the meal. I usually don't bother with gravy, but the folks at amazingribs.com have a fairly detailed procedure they swear by.
I think I'm going to Mark's house for thanksgiving.
BTW: Happy birthday Mark! party:

Morning from an overcast day in Westfield NB. Still super busy at work, but the view is not bad.
Your office views are pretty good.

That bites. I remember the days of working as a contract employee, glad I haven't had to do that in awhile.
That's ultimately why I chose this position over Disney. Disney would have been more money, but contract and the commute would be horrible.

If it don't squeak, it's not cheese curds. Funny...last time I got poutine (or brisket poutine...not sure), the CM at refreshment port said he'd heard they must squeak to be good. I told him absolutely. It was as if someone had told him, but he didn't believe it. I would think working there, you should know.

I prefer thin chips, but I've seen any kind of cut.
Yep, thin is in.

I do remember an old MASH episode where they got ribs delivered so you never know what could happen.
I loved MASH. My favorite (favourite for my Canadian brethren) was when they ordered a tub. It was supposed to be a secret, but they kept telling one person and another and another. Eventually, the whole camp was fighting over who got their time slot. Great (but sad) example of how when given something as a gift, some folks consider it an entitlement.

Last edited:
I loved MASH. My favorite (favourite for my Canadian brethren) was when they ordered a tub. It was supposed to be a secret, but they kept telling one person and another and another. Eventually, the whole camp was fighting over who got their time slot. Great (but sad) example of how when given something as a gift, some folks consider it an entitlement.

Hawkeye's martini recipe is always the best:

"You pour six jiggers of gin into a glass and then you drink it while staring at a picture of Lorenzo Schwartz, the inventor of vermouth."

Afternoon gents! Almost done with my actual work so I think I'll be able to budget and hit up my personal projects on company time for a bit today. I work from home, so no one will know ^_^. Currently making pizza dough for my DS's birthday party tomorrow. He is turning two. Pretty excited in August we are doing a big week long trip to DW, it will be his first time and we are really excited to take him

It's already been a good day. My wife signed me up for Zamboni Driving Lessons at the University of Delaware.

Happy birthday Mark.

And a Happy Birthday to Mark!

Happy Birthday Mark

I think I'm going to Mark's house for thanksgiving.
BTW: Happy birthday Mark! party:

Thanks guys! Props to Darcy--you really went all out with that one!

As its Mark's birthday, he gets to meet us all at the ESPN bar for pitchers of beer and an Eagles game, and then on to take Peggy Carter home. And let me tell ya Mark, she's only interested in your Super Soldier.

First round's on me! This sounds like a perfect day.

Well, unless the Eagles lose. Which seems likely.

Happy Friday. It's a mixed day, as it would be the start to the weekend, but I spent all day cleaning and hauling stuff away to the dump and St. Vincent de Paul charity store. My oldest daughter should have a show on hoarders. That was all the trash. While I'm at it, DW decides it's a good day to clear out stuff to charity as well. I wonder where my oldest gets her hoarding from. :sad2:

Anyway, everything is clean and laundered and we just now have to put the room back together.

Lets see If I still know how to post here

:drive: by! :wave: Carl.

Morning boys from the mother country.
Norm's offer to warm up Elsa's cold front seems to have worked, as the sun has broken out, but earlier it was wetter than Ariel's undercrackers.

One of my many talents. I can warm up Elsa and get Ariel wet.

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB DisneyDadC! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #187!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

It never stops being funny.
:lmao::rotfl::lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Mornin' Dads! Happy Friday to all, unless you work tomorrow, like I do. Well, yesterday proved to be an interesting day. My boss came up to me right after lunch and told me that he had just gotten out of a meeting with the Dir. of Operations, and she told him that Corporate put a halt to all hirings until they get things worked out. So it looks like I'm back to finding a job. I was told that I've at least been extended through February, so there's that. He thinks I should stick around because he has a good feeling that they will ultimately wind up hiring me. I told him, "That may be the case, but you have to look at it from my perspective. If at the end of all this they decide not to fill the position, I'm screwed out of a job when I could have been looking while getting some kind of paycheck." He understood and doesn't blame me one bit, but he still thinks I should stick around. At least now I can look and not worry about upsetting the apple cart. You know? And not being a full-time permanent employee means all I lose is the time I take to do the interviews. I was talking with a friend who's worked as an HR manager, who's in the same position I'm in right now with her temp job, and said that at least this job puts something other than high priced, high class old white shoe law firms on my resume. And she agreed. She agreed that this makes me more marketable. Well, I'm outta here. I'm working in the warehouse all day, so my access will be limited. Have a good day, guys.

Well, that stinks. But, it is still a job at for the time being. Hope you find something soon.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. As its Mark's birthday, he gets to meet us all at the ESPN bar for pitchers of beer and an Eagles game, and then on to take Peggy Carter home. And let me tell ya Mark, she's only interested in your Super Soldier.

Agent Carter likes when my Super Soldier stands at attention. Elsa and Ariel told her all about me, so she way ready.

Afternoon gents! Almost done with my actual work so I think I'll be able to budget and hit up my personal projects on company time for a bit today. I work from home, so no one will know ^_^. Currently making pizza dough for my DS's birthday party tomorrow. He is turning two. Pretty excited in August we are doing a big week long trip to DW, it will be his first time and we are really excited to take him

That will be fun. We've got 10 days in July, and I'm hoping to add a few more at the beach afterwards. But, we get in after junior team tennis champsionship and before school starts back up. So, we are limited on time.

Happy Friday. It's a mixed day, as it would be the start to the weekend, but I spent all day cleaning and hauling stuff away to the dump and St. Vincent de Paul charity store. My oldest daughter should have a show on hoarders. That was all the trash. While I'm at it, DW decides it's a good day to clear out stuff to charity as well. I wonder where my oldest gets her hoarding from. :sad2:

Anyway, everything is clean and laundered and we just now have to put the room back together.

Hope you kept your shirt on while doing it.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/utah-woman-fights-charge-kids-214937288.html

Morning all. Watching West Ham getting smashed by the Spurs. Maybe I'll motivate myself to Pickleball today.

Nah, I let em hang out. :lmao:

It wasn't so much the dust, but all the grimy dirt. I'm glad I had clothes on. Maybe dry wall dust is different.

I've been a lawyer since 1995 and I simply have no words for why the D.A. filed that case ...

And it was a mom vs step-mom thing as well. I've seen some shady stuff in divorce cases.

I've been a lawyer since 1995 and I simply have no words for why the D.A. filed that case ...
No offense intended, but partly because of the litigious society we live in and many lawyers will find any way to make money. In this case, it might be the DA is trying to make a name for themselves, which will generate more money in the future.

OR

I've come to the realization that common sense isn't common.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter