DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Afternoon guys. Beautiful day here in the mother country. Went for another run today, that's the first time in about 2 months I've run 3 days in a row. Achilles was a little bit sore so eased up slightly, as I'm still nervous it will pop again, although that defies logic.
A productive weekend, sorted a ton out around the house including re-wiring all of the Sound systems in the back of the house so it all marries up.
Billund in the morning, so a 730 at the airport special. Hopefully I'll some of you guys in Mikeys virtual sports bar for the Chiefs/Titans game.
Have a great Sunday y'all.

Snowmageddon Day 3 Update:

Not much new to report. Still housebound (fortunate I can work from home).
Our street and driveway look the same as it did yesterday.
The city plows can't get up the street.

Seriously wondering now how we are getting out of this.
I am honestly nervous how my driveway is going to look when a plow or bulldozer manages to get here.
It will not be easy digging out.

State of Emergency is still in effect for third day. But they are allowing pharmacies and gas stations to open for emergencies only (not supposed to sell anything but gas and drugs)

I did manage to get out this morning and screw some pieces of strapping over the siding that had come loose form the side of my house. It's just a patch job but it could probably last until spring if need be. (I assume this snow will have melted sometime by August)

If you don't hear from me for a while it probably means the plow came and I'm trying to dig out.
That or I've given up and I'm lying in a corner imagining I'm at Aloha Isle having a Dole Whip.

For those of you who are interested in the Oak Island tour, what dates look good for everyone? It doesn't look like you can do back to back tours for both of them, so I think we should settle on doing just one tour.

Image may contain: text

Is it you who can't spell friends then Chief? I thought the invite came from Mike......
No, I got the invite from Mike to, but when I looked at members, Mike wasn't one of them, so I sent him an invite to join. At DDCC 8, I asked him why he dropped out and he said he didn't start the page.

Went for another run today, that's the first time in about 2 months I've run 3 days in a row.
Good for you! Seriously.
Achilles was a little bit sore so eased up slightly, as I'm still nervous it will pop again, although that defies logic.
I can see how you'd be nervous, though.
Not much new to report. Still housebound
Hang in there, Jeff.
I am honestly nervous how my driveway is going to look when a plow or bulldozer manages to get here.
Why?
Because of damage to property? Or a 6' windrow?
(Or both?)
I did manage to get out this morning and screw some pieces of strapping over the siding that had come loose form the side of my house. It's just a patch job but it could probably last until spring if need be. (I assume this snow will have melted sometime by August)
Not bad. Don't know if I would've thought of that.

Happy Sunday. Played pickleball today at a member event. 70 people on 6 courts didn't make for a lot of playing.

Snowmageddon update

So today cleared up a bit, enough to get out and assess things

I’ve lost 4 strips of siding from one side of the house. I’ve called insurance and adjuster will get out next week. I doubt the job will cost much more than my deductible though, so I’ll probably have to eat the cost. But it could have been worse.

Shovelling the driveway and doorstep was one of the hardest things I’ve done in a while. I could only manage a tunnel upto the door. Look below. The drift on the front step used to be the whole way across.

We used the snowblower on the driveway but at the “snow wall” which is actually the street. City plow tried to get up the street today made it past our house but couldn’t get farther than half way down and had turn around. I honestly don’t know when or how we’re getting out of here. It’ll melt by July but we’ll probably need milk by then.
Just adding pictures of the street to show the insanity of this. And yes that’s a snowmobile going down the street since there is no other way to get around.

Last sad news to report is that we can no longer make fun of Toronto. The army has been called in to help.

View attachment 466013

View attachment 466014

View attachment 466015

View attachment 466016

Glad to hear you are making it thru. Hopefully, you have plenty of french toast supplies.

Morning, gents.
Little under an hour to go until I'm off.
Been at work the last 16 hours and it's still snowing (since a couple days ago).
Thinking I might have a bit more shoveling to do when I get home.
(But nothing like what Jeff's been having!)
Have a good Sunday, folks.

Does the weather make your shifts longer? Or, do you still have enough co-workers to go home.

Afternoon guys. Beautiful day here in the mother country. Went for another run today, that's the first time in about 2 months I've run 3 days in a row. Achilles was a little bit sore so eased up slightly, as I'm still nervous it will pop again, although that defies logic.
A productive weekend, sorted a ton out around the house including re-wiring all of the Sound systems in the back of the house so it all marries up.
Billund in the morning, so a 730 at the airport special. Hopefully I'll some of you guys in Mikeys virtual sports bar for the Chiefs/Titans game.

Good for you. Run some for me.

I don't see any drummers or acrobats, didn't happen. ;)

Look at the reflection in the sunglasses. Now, if I only knew how to photoshopping something cool there.

Morning, gents.
Long day ahead... but aren't they all?

How's it going, Jeff? Digging out yet?

Pictures or it didn't happen...
Me and Rob watching the drummers and acrobats in Harambe market
Nah. Photoshopped. Not buying it. Besides...
I don't see any drummers or acrobats, didn't happen. ;)
… not even all that well photoshopped!
Does the weather make your shifts longer? Or, do you still have enough co-workers to go home.
It did that day. I was scheduled to work until 11pm, then back the next morning. But the guy who was supposed to be on the midnight shift couldn't make it in, so I had to stay. Switched my day shift to the midnight and kept on going.
Weather will cause us to put on an extra staff person over the midnight as well, on occasion.

Morning all. It's snowing here, although not as much as Canada. Off today for Martin Luther King holiday. With the Disney + bundle, I get all the matches at the Australian open on ESPN +. Can't get them all in, but it's a nice option to have. I can't figure out the km/hour thing, but that's about it.

It did that day. I was scheduled to work until 11pm, then back the next morning. But the guy who was supposed to be on the midnight shift couldn't make it in, so I had to stay. Switched my day shift to the midnight and kept on going.
Weather will cause us to put on an extra staff person over the midnight as well, on occasion.

That's what I figured. We had that one year when I worked at UPS - so much snowfall that we just stayed at worked an extra shift. But that was a record snowfall. Normally, we don't get that much snow, although one flake is too much for most drivers here.

Mornin' Gents! Another day in paradise here on Cape Cod. I get a working holiday as both my immediate supervisor, lead, and boss are both out today. Yippee! Not much to report. Had a typical weekend of cleaning, organizing and running errands. Have a good day all!

#Snowmageddon Day 2

Well we survived the night and thankfully did not lose power. About 10,000 others in the city have lost it.
City remains in state of emergency likely until tomorrow morning. Everyone is asked to remain at home, so that means my wife doesn’t have to go to work today. I’m working from home again.
Medical staff at the hospitals are essentially trapped there since no relief staff can get in.

We broke the one day snowfall record with 76.2 cm in 24 hours (that’s 30 inches) and it’s still snowing but at least not as heavy.
Sustained winds measured at 133 km/hour last night. That’s a category 1 (frozen) hurricane!

Last night we heard a bang against the side of the house. I suspect it’s a piece of my siding blown off my house. But it’s too bad for me to get out and check yet.
The wind was at the front of the house and has drifted almost all the way up my door. At least the door opens inward and shovels are inside. Pictures below. Note the cars across the road essentially buried.

View attachment 465942

View attachment 465943

That's crazy! Glad to hear you guys are safe, though.

Glad to hear you are all good Jeff. Hopefully not too much damage to the house. I would imagine the hospitals are looking for people with snowmobiles to help move staff around.

I would think that the city would get some front end loaders up to the hospitals to get them dug out.

So to summise, your receiving end makes fart noises as the wind picks up. Gotcha.

Sounds strange, but yes, the receiving end makes fart noises. :rotfl2:

What's that? Oo. Cookies. Moving on. Wheres that dude who don't like coffee or beer?

:thumbsup2

Did you tear your achilles? A friend of mine had that happen to him. Don't over do it.

State of Emergency is still in effect for third day. But they are allowing pharmacies and gas stations to open for emergencies only (not supposed to sell anything but gas and drugs)

If you don't hear from me for a while it probably means the plow came and I'm trying to dig out.
That or I've given up and I'm lying in a corner imagining I'm at Aloha Isle having a Dole Whip.

There was a year where we were getting weekend after weekend of blizzards. On one of the blizzards, we were stuck in our house for 3 days because no one could get down the street. Eventually, the town brought down front end loaders and dump trucks to help clear the street. Sounds like the city's going to have to do that with you guys. Either way, glad to hear you guys are safe.

Unbelievable Jeff. Stay safe and hoping the army will help folks dig out as the plows can just dump more feet of snow on folks driveways and say all done
See Mike, I not the only one who thinks you started it...
Guess I did - had no idea
Is it you who can't spell friends then Chief? I thought the invite came from Mike......
Guess that was me
Don't remember but guess I did - must have been too much bourbon one night
View attachment 466455

Pictures or it didn't happen...
Me and Rob watching the drummers and acrobats in Harambe market
And getting photo bombed by a very unhappy couple?

Peaceful Monday at work for now. Officially it is a holiday so I am the only one here. A little ELP Tarkus cranked up, sorting files and getting ready for the rest of the week. If anyone else shows up, I'll just go home.

I LOVE going to work when no one is there, or at the least, very few people are there. I get more done when no one is in the office. Plus, I can listen to my music a little louder and not worry about bothering the person next to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter