DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe | SimplyRecipes.com

Happy Sunday. Or, maybe it's Monday. It's another work day for me. Tennis this morning first though.

The finished product before I finished off the product.
(Toasted pretzel bun, mustard, ketchup, garlic aioli, beef, cheese, sautéed onions, pickles, fried egg, lettuce.)

View attachment 529785

That looks delicious. I'm on my way.

Saw that on FB. A reminder of the important things in life.

Morning chaps from another wet n wild one in London. Bought an electric drum set for the boy today, so not too sure I won't regret that.

West Ham beat Leicester 3-0, Bears on later. We've started up a thing where some of the UK Bears fans all join up on zoom and watch the game so hopefully my teams can carry on the trend of winning this weekend.

I'll raise a glass to the great man later. Have a great Sunday chaps.

Morning, gentlemen.
Of course the term "gentleman" only applies to a select few of us, but we all know who those aren't.

Happy Monday to those starting their work week. My condolences. Let's see... for me, I'm just finishing up my "Tuesday"; about an hour to go.
Two more midnights and I'm hoping to survive them. I have no idea how Jeff does his string of them.

Watched the two Indy races this past weekend, but did not watch the smash up derby at Talladega. Highlights (low lights?) was plenty.

That's about all I got, and shocked I had that much at six am.
Have a good one, all.

Morning, Gents! Internet at the house is still out, so doing a really quick check-in here at the place that would be work. Not much happened this weekend. Not having internet really showed me how much I've become addicted to the thing. When nothing's on TV to watch, I click over to Amazon Prime, Netflix, or even YouTube for entertainment. Without the internet? I didn't know what to do. I mean, I can only watch American Pickers so much before I can't stand it. And I certainly can't watch the paranormal/ghost hunting stuff with the DD around...I'd never get that child to sleep if she watched stuff like that. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone.

TTFN

As long as you don't put them in your mouth.

Luckily this time I didn't.

Good. You're not waiting for months.

I hope not months.

Morning chaps. London is wetter than Nemo's swimming trunks this morning. Got a couple of new games to try out with the boy today, so looking like a lazy one.

That would be pretty wet. Hope you have a boat.

That is literally, the lamest question in an interview. Maybe apart from "What are your weaknesses". That's for the interviewer to find out with well thought out questions specific to the role. What a dumdum.

It really is, and to me, serves no purpose. You're going to tailor your answer to suit their needs anyways. That's the first time I've been asked those questions in years.

For the record, for those who might care, in my last job interview I was asked what my weaknesses were, I said, kryptonite and Lois Lane! I got the job...

That's a good answer...wish I had thought of it. Though with my luck, the interviewer would have ended the interview right there.

:rotfl2:

I always wanted to say "ignoring stupid questions" and then sit there awaiting another question

That would be a good answer.

Morning all. You all enjoy the weekend. Last night, I produced approximately 107,520 jars of sauce, and that was at 80% effective rating. One of the machines was down while, and the back end of the line was down longer.

That's a lot of jars of sauce. What kinds of sauce were they?

Ahhhhhh, those tricky questions. Sounds like you did ok. Hope you get the job offer.

I thought I did ok, now it's just a matter of whether I did good enough to get the job.

The finished product before I finished off the product.
(Toasted pretzel bun, mustard, ketchup, garlic aioli, beef, cheese, sautéed onions, pickles, fried egg, lettuce.)

View attachment 529785

Looks good.

Brings a whole new meaning to getting off the sauce.

:rotfl2:

Morning chaps from another wet n wild one in London. Bought an electric drum set for the boy today, so not too sure I won't regret that.

You actually voluntarily bought the boy an electric drum set?! :eek::sad2:

Morning all. What day is it? I spent parts Saturday and Sunday by myself on the machines as it was the beginning of fall break. Those not approved for vacation just called in sick. Training over. I couldn't fix a couple off faults both nights, and had to call for help. Just not used to the machines. But, I got the rest of them, I hope.

Happy Monday to those starting their work week. My condolences. Let's see... for me, I'm just finishing up my "Tuesday"; about an hour to go.
Two more midnights and I'm hoping to survive them. I have no idea how Jeff does his string of them.

Yes, that proposed 12 hour schedule will stink with the nights, however, it's every other weekend off. Will that be better than this 19/2 schedule? Hopefully, I'll move to another job soon and won't have to find out.

Good morning!

That's about all I got. Maybe the week will get more interesting as we go.

Sometimes, more interesting isn't all that worthwhile.

Morning, Gents! Internet at the house is still out, so doing a really quick check-in here at the place that would be work. Not much happened this weekend. Not having internet really showed me how much I've become addicted to the thing. When nothing's on TV to watch, I click over to Amazon Prime, Netflix, or even YouTube for entertainment. Without the internet? I didn't know what to do. I mean, I can only watch American Pickers so much before I can't stand it. And I certainly can't watch the paranormal/ghost hunting stuff with the DD around...I'd never get that child to sleep if she watched stuff like that. Well, gotta run. Have a good day, everyone.

TTFN

That's a lot of jars of sauce. What kinds of sauce were they?

Sucks on the internet. Here, to offset the school lockdowns, although playing HS sports is allowed and doesn't spread COVID, spectrum is giving away free internet to those who can't afford it. Really, it just means they are slowing it down for paying customers. So, I get a lot of freeze ups which stinks when watching sports. These are some dedicated home learning students though, doing homework on Friday and Saturday evenings.

I'm doing the white sauce line, which is Bertolli alfredo sauce. There are lots of flavors off that - classic, mushroom, garlic, etc. I have no idea what I ran. Just look for jars with yesterday's date, and you'll know I produced it. Now, they do have a 2 year shelf life, so who knows how long before it actually will be sold in a store somewhere.

West Ham beat Leicester 3-0, Bears on later. We've started up a thing where some of the UK Bears fans all join up on zoom and watch the game so hopefully my teams can carry on the trend of winning this weekend.

Goals around the EPL were crazy! I was all kinds of excited when I saw ManU gave up 6. Then, on the flip side - Seeing Aston Villa putting 7 on Merseyside Reds?!? ouch.

I will say this, though. I was FIRMLY on the Leicester City bandwagon when they won the league. And, I'm going to bandwagon again this year with AVFC - I think they're back with a vengeance.

Good morning!

That's about all I got. Maybe the week will get more interesting as we go.

While I'm not one to wish upon myself or anyone else trouble, may the week bring something interesting

Morning all. What day is it? I spent parts Saturday and Sunday by myself on the machines as it was the beginning of fall break. Those not approved for vacation just called in sick. Training over. I couldn't fix a couple off faults both nights, and had to call for help. Just not used to the machines. But, I got the rest of them, I hope.

By the calendar it's Monday, however, for those that work the weekend it's, well...who knows, but it's Monday.

Sucks on the internet. Here, to offset the school lockdowns, although playing HS sports is allowed and doesn't spread COVID, spectrum is giving away free internet to those who can't afford it. Really, it just means they are slowing it down for paying customers. So, I get a lot of freeze ups which stinks when watching sports. These are some dedicated home learning students though, doing homework on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Yeah, not having the internet is horrible. Never knew how much I got addicted to it until it went down. I don't know how it works, but handing it out for free to those who can't afford it, to me, doesn't mean slowing it down to paying customers...unless the system can't handle it. So it doesn't make sense. Glad they're doing it for those who can't afford it, but still doesn't make sense.

I'm doing the white sauce line, which is Bertolli alfredo sauce. There are lots of flavors off that - classic, mushroom, garlic, etc. I have no idea what I ran. Just look for jars with yesterday's date, and you'll know I produced it. Now, they do have a 2 year shelf life, so who knows how long before it actually will be sold in a store somewhere.

I'll have to make a note and see if I can't find one with yesterday's date on it.

And I certainly can't watch the paranormal/ghost hunting stuff with the DD around...
I don't watch that stuff with or without anyone. It's so... well, if you're a fan, I won't comment. Let's just say it isn't my cup of tea.
Morning all. What day is it?
The one ending with a Y. Welcome to my world.
Yes, that proposed 12 hour schedule will stink with the nights, however, it's every other weekend off. Will that be better than this 19/2 schedule? Hopefully, I'll move to another job soon and won't have to find out.
Shift work... I remember when I started, some old fart told me that it might be easy now, but just wait 'til you're older! Yeah, sure old man. Whatever. Now I am that old man... (probably older) and now it's me telling that to the youngun's.
I'm doing the white sauce line, which is Bertolli alfredo sauce. There are lots of flavors off that - classic, mushroom, garlic, etc. I have no idea what I ran. Just look for jars with yesterday's date, and you'll know I produced it.
I kinda don't want to have any cream sauce that you produced...

I was all kinds of excited when I saw ManU gave up 6. Then, on the flip side - Seeing Aston Villa putting 7 on Merseyside Reds?!? ouch.

I will say this, though. I was FIRMLY on the Leicester City bandwagon when they won the league. And, I'm going to bandwagon again this year with AVFC - I think they're back with a vengeance.
Yeah, there were a lot of Liverpool fans giving it large last night to the Man U and then amazingly we didn't hear from them for the rest of the night.......
I was only on the Leicester bandwagon because we could give Spurs untold abuse for choking again :cool1:
On the Villa, it'll be fun to watch. I think West Ham a few years ago were 3 from 4 and we ended up in mid table. Water generally finds its level. West Ham play in Claret and Blue because of Villa, there's a fun fact for ya. I think the bottom 3 might stay the same though. They have Leicester and Leeds in their next 2, Leicester will be smarting from the spanking we just gave them and Leeds are a good team. Its nice to see teams from Leeds and Birmingham doing well again, they are big cities in a UK sense and it was weird when we didn't have any representation from them, but 7 teams from London. It gets a bit dull having "London Derbies" for a third of the season.

I don't watch that stuff with or without anyone. It's so... well, if you're a fan, I won't comment. Let's just say it isn't my cup of tea.

Oh ghost hunting shows I don't watch anymore, it's more just the paranormal stuff in general. I will admit to be fascinated by Bigfoot. Actually, I think Bigfoot is really a Wookiee from the Star Wars universe that was dropped off and forgotten about. all kidding aside, I am fascinated by Bigfoot. I'm also from Roswell, NM, so for me, anything is possible.

Oh ghost hunting shows I don't watch anymore, it's more just the paranormal stuff in general. I will admit to be fascinated by Bigfoot. Actually, I think Bigfoot is really a Wookiee from the Star Wars universe that was dropped off and forgotten about. all kidding aside, I am fascinated by Bigfoot. I'm also from Roswell, NM, so for me, anything is possible.
Funny... when I was a teen, Bigfoot was talked about quite a bit more. I even remember watching a Bigfoot movie (although I don't recall now if it was on the big screen or little).
Now, it seems to have faded into the sunset a little bit, despite there being a (recent?) TV show about it.

Thought you guys might find this interesting. With all the restrictions and rules and procedures involved with attempts to mitigate the spread of Covid, ZLC (Salt Lake ARTCC (Air Route Traffic Control Center)) is (was, by the time you see this) sterilizing their airspace from 0730z-0930z (three thirty am Eastern for two hours). No flights are allowed to arrive, depart or transit in an area encompassing approximately 350,000 square miles of US airspace while the building is being covid cleaned. Apparently it's not the first time during the pandemic this has happened either. Just processed a flight from Seattle, WA - Chicago O'Hare, IL that's flight planned up and over the airspace through Canada.

Hey, Gents! I'm writing this from my house! Being connected to the world via the internet is a wonderful thing. Apparently we were part of double outage...whatever that means. But they have fixed it and we are now connected. I won't lie, not being connected was horrible. Oh sure, there were things I could have done around the house, but what kind of husband would I be if I got it all done in one weekend? I mean, I have a reputation to uphold here. I can't be doing that. :teeth: Kidding aside, I did use the time to get some things done. I worked a bit more on a dresser for the DD, one my wife bought that was falling apart. All it needed was to have the drawers re-glued. I also got some editing done for a couple of photo shoots I did, one Senior portrait and the other one was a I'm-bored-let's-go-do-some-photography kind of shoot. I even re-visited some older shoots I did and have started re-editing some of those pictures. So somethings got done, but not everything on the list. Outside that, everything's going pretty good. Work went well. I started an E&O project (excess and obsolete), well, continued it really. It was my job to take a list of parts that was given to me by the higher ups, scrap it from the system, collect it all and then throw it all away....I started the throwing away part yesterday. Let me tell you, they're throwing away a lot of good stuff...not all of it made it into the trash or scrap pile. I may or may not have brought home a few good choice items. These items may or may not be 4 foam filled hard plastic containers that a lot of people use for guns, I'll be using them for photography equipment, several lengths of chain, several stainless steel shackles, bolts and screws. All this stuff was being thrown out, so it somehow made it into my car. I would have brought home a 50' extension cord but someone got to it before me. I was almost successful in grabbing a reel of 600' double braid polyester rope, but one of the engineers grabbed it to be used on the company's boats. Man, so close. Oh well, next time. The perks of working in inventory. I'm going to be continuing the tossing of scrapped inventory today, so we'll see what else I can bring home.

Funny... when I was a teen, Bigfoot was talked about quite a bit more. I even remember watching a Bigfoot movie (although I don't recall now if it was on the big screen or little).
Now, it seems to have faded into the sunset a little bit, despite there being a (recent?) TV show about it.

I remember as a kid in the 70's Bigfoot was everywhere. I think that's why I didn't like going camping, I though Bigfoot was around every tree. :laughing:

Thought you guys might find this interesting. With all the restrictions and rules and procedures involved with attempts to mitigate the spread of Covid, ZLC (Salt Lake ARTCC (Air Route Traffic Control Center)) is (was, by the time you see this) sterilizing their airspace from 0730z-0930z (three thirty am Eastern for two hours). No flights are allowed to arrive, depart or transit in an area encompassing approximately 350,000 square miles of US airspace while the building is being covid cleaned. Apparently it's not the first time during the pandemic this has happened either. Just processed a flight from Seattle, WA - Chicago O'Hare, IL that's flight planned up and over the airspace through Canada.

View attachment 530251

That's really interesting.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter