DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Welcome to Friday! Been a while for me in here. Long week coming back to work after vacation basically been 3 days this week to get 8 days of work caught up amongst all the business challenges. Seems like things are all good around here so for anything I missed, cheers, congrats, thoughts and pixie dust. Enjoy the weekend and stay safe out there.

As she retired this week....we'll roll out an old one..

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing after Disney Barrels Makers Mark Old Fashioneds in Sanaa lounge gets to take Top 10 Stacey home. And let me tell ya, 2 and 6 are still illegal in Alabama. And No 8, even the French won't do.

Have a great weekend chaps.

Afternoon All,

Last day at the vacation house. In-laws went home this morning so it's just DW and I again. Right now we watching a lightning map as a there is a severe thunderstorm warning right now. So far the strikes have all been north of us some hopefully they stay there.

Hope you all have a great Friday.

Hope it was a great time!
Not bad. :)
I mean... other than when the kid decided to poke that wasp nest with a stick.

Nope. Not kidding.

Right. That's it. I'm calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. Last one standing after Disney Barrels Makers Mark Old Fashioneds in Sanaa lounge gets to take Top 10 Stacey home. And let me tell ya, 2 and 6 are still illegal in Alabama. And No 8, even the French won't do.

Had no idea she retired. Is she still worth being the last one standing?
He Zerfed…
Indeed I did. First for me.

Happy Friday. Youngest dd starts team tennis team tournament in the morning. I'm not expecting much out of the other players on the team, but we shall see. I got roped into coaching them again.

Found this nice tidbit. Looks like MIT says we have 19 more years until it's all over. And my DVC contract won't have expired yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-society-track-happen-2040-study-reveals.html
I couldn't get the link to post but the title was "MIT predicted society would collapse by 2040. New data tells how we're doing

Morning, Fellas! Had a good day yesterday, so everything's going good. Have a good day, everyone.

That's good that they trust you with a whole floor to yourself. That's awesome.

Sorry that you're not having any luck with your house. Sounds like your realtor is a dud. You know, makes me wonder if this realtor found bigger, juicier house to sell, and as a result stopped working hard on yours. I've had

Our town dump became the transfer station years ago, and I dump stuff there all the time, but there's a point when getting a dumpster make more sense. I recently got rid of an old organ, the 1970's style organ that use to be sold for the home. Well, I cost me $20 to get rid of it, which I paid to get rid of it. I have a other stuff that I'll need to pay to get rid of, some boarding on the need to get weighed to dump, so a dumpster will make sense at some point.

Actually, no. I would love to learn more stuff, but as a front desk reception person there's not much more for me to learn. What it does do for me, though, is show that I can work at multiple locations and specialties. The more places I work the more it makes me look good, at least that's how I see. Now, hiring people may view it differently, but I see it as a good thing, and the more I do, the more it makes me look good. Again, that's how I see it, but I could be wrong.

I need to look at some specifics. In some cases, if you switch realtors and sell the house, you still owe the 1st realtor a commission on the sale unless the house is off the market 3 or 6 months first. Right now, I'm stuck on a timeline.

Hoping you get a good buyer soon. Or a good agent, maybe you will have a good buyers agent reach out to make a deal for their customer.

Around here houses are barely getting listed before they are sold. Had 2 at the end of my street that the relator just put up a sold sign, never had a for sale sign out front. Wife saw what they were listed for and wanted to look at selling ours, but I had to tell her we could sell it for a nice profit but we would be screwed trying to buy anything and it would eat up all we made and then some.

We are not so lucky here, its almost an hour round trip and you have to pay thru the nose to use it. Its not that much more to rent a dumpster and you dont have to make 4-5 trips.

Yes, homes were selling out here a month ago also. Maybe we missed the market opportunity. I'm certainly in a bind. DW wants this new house, but I don't want to be a landlord and have to rent it.

Our transfer station is free for those with city electric/ trash bill.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Welcome to Friday! Been a while for me in here. Long week coming back to work after vacation basically been 3 days this week to get 8 days of work caught up amongst all the business challenges. Seems like things are all good around here so for anything I missed, cheers, congrats, thoughts and pixie dust. Enjoy the weekend and stay safe out there.

Looks like you all had a great trip.

I was sad to hear Stacy retired. I'm sure she is sad at your post of her deflowering.

Moring, fellas! Weekend is finally upon us! Not sure what 's on the agenda fore the weekend, but I'll figure something out, or the Mrs. will figure something out for me. Well, that's it, have a good day.

TTFN

Welcome back. Hope you had a good vacation.

Not bad. :)
I mean... other than when the kid decided to poke that wasp nest with a stick.

Nope. Not kidding.

Well that was...not smart.

Happy Friday. Youngest dd starts team tennis team tournament in the morning. I'm not expecting much out of the other players on the team, but we shall see. I got roped into coaching them again.

Hope your DD does well in the tournament. As to being roped into coaching again, you could always look at it in that you are totally awesome and they wanted you! No, needed you!

Found this nice tidbit. Looks like MIT says we have 19 more years until it's all over. And my DVC contract won't have expired yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...-society-track-happen-2040-study-reveals.html
I couldn't get the link to post but the title was "MIT predicted society would collapse by 2040. New data tells how we're doing

I'll admit to not reading the whole article, but I agree in that something has to be done, and I think we have made a lot of changes. So I'd like to think we've pushed that collapse date out a few years, if not decades.

I need to look at some specifics. In some cases, if you switch realtors and sell the house, you still owe the 1st realtor a commission on the sale unless the house is off the market 3 or 6 months first. Right now, I'm stuck on a timeline.

That could be the case in needing to wait or you could wind up paying, so definitely look into it.

It's Saturday!
I've got free time to mow and trim the yard, clean the house, and do some serious rearranging of everything we've got stored up in the attics.

Good thing I don't have to go into work today.

Looks like MIT says we have 19 more years until it's all over. And my DVC contract won't have expired yet.
Back in the early 1970's...
Considering which outlets are rehashing it, I think more then a few grains of salt are required here.

Besides, we all know that Disney will ultimately get all the money from us anyway, so I'm pretty sure that we'll be here up to and beyond your contract's expiration date.

Morning boys. Looks like chores are on the docket for most. I’ll do the weekly pool maintenance and then head in to work. Have a good one.

Afternoon All.

Home from a week in the St. Andrews' area. It was a pretty quiet week but that's OK. The main purpose was for DW to decompress a bit and I think she did that for the most part. It was a beautiful spot. We've spent a fair amount of time in the area so I didn't do a whole lot of photography but a little around the beach that was in front of the house. Here a few of those pictures.

Last edited:
We've spent a fair amount of time in the area so I didn't do a whole lot of photography but a little around the beach that was in front of the house. Here a few of those pictures.
Thanks for sharing.
Like this one in particular.

Morning, fellas! Happy Sunday. Hope everyone's having a good weekend. TTFN

Afternoon All.

Home from a week in the St. Andrews' area. It was a pretty quiet week but that's OK. The main purpose was for DW to decompress a bit and I think she did that for the most part. It was a beautiful spot. We've spent a fair amount of time in the area so I didn't do a whole lot of photography but a little around the beach that was in front of the house. Here a few of those pictures.

View attachment 590255

View attachment 590253

View attachment 590254

View attachment 590256

View attachment 590257View attachment 590253View attachment 590254View attachment 590255View attachment 590256View attachment 590257

Very nice. Thanks for sharing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter