DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Yesterday was...difficult to get through. First day back from vacation is always the hardest to get through, but I made it through. I did, however, come home and fall asleep in my chair. This trip wiped me out. Ok, enough of that. I had a good day overall and only had 26 patients, so not that bad for a first day back. Today I'm at the main office to make phone calls all day...I just love that part. I actually do because it's a lot easier to do.

Good that y'all finally did get out that way and enjoyed the expedition.
Nice images too. examples of what I would call lonely pictures.
The B&W presentation adds to the drama in them as well.
Looking forward to seeing some of the caverns.

It was nice finally getting out to New Mexico, something I hadn't done in years....can't wait that long again. And I love B&W photography, and it adds so much to old abandoned buildings. As for the caverns, I'm working on them and will post them when I finally get them edited.

Welcome back! Glad it was a successful trip. Nice photos! We visited Carlsbad Caverns a few years ago--fun place to tour.

Thanks. We had a great time, a trip that was needed. Isn't Carlsbad Caverns great?! I'd forgotten how far down those switch backs went. My legs and knees hated me for a few days after that.

Yes, it is. Got a call at 1:30 a.m. that a dump truck driving around with its bed up had hit one of our signals, pulled the pole down. Lovely start to the week!

Well that was quite the wake up.

Afternoon guys from an overcast London. Public holiday here today, so pottering around, eating rubbish.

Isn't that like man law that you're supposed to eat crap while on a day off?

Nice job. Did you see Randy Quaid?

Just missed him.

Welcome back mate, hope you had a good time. Nice pix.

Thanks.

I guess slightly worse for the guy that owns the company responsible for the truck?

Not mention the driver having to call his boss and tell him what happened.

The second day was just as good as the first. We decided to sleep in (that is allowed while on vacation, right?) and go to the pool in the morning. While puttering around the pool and enjoying the slide, a family meeting was had and the motion was made and passed to go to a water park during our next trip. My Better Half and I did the water parks on our honeymoon, but not in the years since then. The Kid has never been to any water park. While waiting for lunch at the pool bar, the skies opened up and the pool was cleared.

We spent the afternoon and evening at Epcot. Again, no lines anywhere. We grazed around World Showcase and enjoyed Epcot Forever. It is not my favorite show by any means but the music was catchy enough. I do hope that Harmonious is good enough to make up for the monstrosity in the middle of the lagoon.

After staying at a moderate for the first time, I am now a hotel snob. It is going to be difficult to go back to POP.

Sounds like you had a great time.

Now it is back to work for all three of us. There's nothing worse than the first day of work after a vacation. :crazy2:

Ain't that the truth.

Morning, Fellas! Yesterday was...difficult to get through. First day back from vacation is always the hardest to get through, but I made it through. I did, however, come home and fall asleep in my chair. This trip wiped me out. Ok, enough of that. I had a good day overall and only had 26 patients, so not that bad for a first day back. Today I'm at the main office to make phone calls all day...I just love that part. I actually do because it's a lot easier to do.

Welcome back. Loving the pictures you have posted.

After staying at a moderate for the first time, I am now a hotel snob. It is going to be difficult to go back to POP.

I know the feeling! That's how they get you.

We had a great time, a trip that was needed. Isn't Carlsbad Caverns great?! I'd forgotten how far down those switch backs went. My legs and knees hated me for a few days after that.

Eh, it's worth it to explore a cave. That's what Advil is for.

Isn't that like man law that you're supposed to eat crap while on a day off?

Calories don't count on vacation.

Back from vacation. Did I miss anything I should know about in the last 10 days?

Welcome back! Let's see...Norm and CCT talked about working in the medical field, Jaqsdad did an entire Disney trip before jetlag could set in, Rob made some sly commentary at the expense of his bosses, I leaned on a shovel, Darcy went camping, we all were given free 7-day tickets to Disney World just for logging onto the DISboards last week, Randall invited people to the DDCC, and Dan made questionable comments about Disney princesses. The usual.

Just wait if you ever get to stay in a DVC resort....it will be worse.

Unless it's a DVC studio at Vero beach. I was quite perturbed first time I did a studio and they only had a dorm fridge. ;)

Wow, what a day. Both my shipper and CSR were out sick today. Of course, this was the day everyone called wanting a rush order before the holiday weekend. While I do have backups trained to fill in for missing employees, they are not able to do the job as well as the regular staff and it required a lot of oversight on my part. At least the day went fast.

Now, I'm off to take The Kid to work and figure out dinner for the Better Half and myself...

we all were given free 7-day tickets to Disney World just for logging onto the DISboards last week,
Of course. This always happens while I'm away!
Welcome back Ponzie.
Thanks. :)
You were gone?
See above
This is what I come back to??? Insults?

Ahhh... it's good to be back with similarly minded folk.
Did you get a buy-back offer from Disney?

Hey, Fellas! The first day back from vacation fog over with, I had a good day yesterday, though a bit confusing. I was contacted to go work in a primary care office instead of going to the main office to work on a project. Well, there's two different primary offices in that building plus an out patient center, so confusion was had by all as to where I was supposed to go until the practice manager found me and steered me in the right direction. Once I got to where I was supposed to go, the day went by pretty fast. Today's schedule has me starting early, so I'll be out in less than an hour, so quick stop in here for me. Have a good day, fellas, and we'll chat later. Now off to another day of work.

If it ain't, my friend, it sure as shizzle should be.

Yes it should be.

Back from vacation. Did I miss anything I should know about in the last 10 days?

A few things, but just grab someone's notes and copy them.

Eh, it's worth it to explore a cave. That's what Advil is for.

This is true, on both points. And yes, Advil was my friend.

Calories don't count on vacation.

This is good to know because I ate my way through that vacation.

Welcome back! Let's see...Norm and CCT talked about working in the medical field, Jaqsdad did an entire Disney trip before jetlag could set in, Rob made some sly commentary at the expense of his bosses, I leaned on a shovel, Darcy went camping, we all were given free 7-day tickets to Disney World just for logging onto the DISboards last week, Randall invited people to the DDCC, and Dan made questionable comments about Disney princesses. The usual.

Yeah, what he said.

Hey Darcy, what do you call a 3 hump camel?

So...
I'm guessin' that's my one note in this here tone deaf symphony, then? :laughing:

Hey, we all have our role to play. Mine is to dodge salads.

I forgot to include Doc in my summary of the past week. He said to get off his lawn!

Of course. This always happens while I'm away!

That'll learn ya!

This is what I come back to??? Insults?

Ahhh... it's good to be back with similarly minded folk.

Like Rob said, we really only have one note we can play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter