DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Man, what a month this has been so far. Someday, if we can meet up and grab a beer I can tell you some good stories about the things I've had to deal with. Let's just say I never expected to hear the phrase "armed robbery using a state vehicle".
Oh wow....Come on down for that beer. I've got to hear this. Hurry...trip to FL much cheaper than Germany.

Man, what a month this has been so far. Someday, if we can meet up and grab a beer I can tell you some good stories about the things I've had to deal with. Let's just say I never expected to hear the phrase "armed robbery using a state vehicle".
You wouldn't expect them to use their own car, would you? That would be stupid.

So were there 6 guys but 5 just stood around leaning on their guns?

Oh wow....Come on down for that beer. I've got to hear this. Hurry...trip to FL much cheaper than Germany.

I obviously can't go into details at the moment, but...we have GPS trackers on all of our vehicles. He knew this.

Criminals are just so lazy these days!

My over/under on the number of posts before I got a "leaning on shovels" joke was 2. Surprised to hit the over!

It seems like this might take more than 1 beer. That's fine. I'll be glad to buy.

:rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Really? This is one that I would have expected.
Now if you'd thrown in "Driven by a monkey wearing a tutu"...
Yes, sadly. Still in a holding pattern. Wish those Canadian air folks would stop calling in because of snow. :duck:
:lmao:
This is a very valid point.
:laughing:

Hey, guys! Man was yesterday a day, not an overly busy day, just a day and I'm glad it's over. Not much on the agenda today except cleaning and organizing. Hope everyone has a good day.

Happy Friday boys for those that care about Fridays or have one anywhere close to the actual day of the week.

:thumbsup2

As Jim Gaffigan said....
When it gets that cold, it doesn't matter if it's Celsius or Fahrenheit.

Truer words were never spoken. I remember one year, while living in the Boston area about 18 years ago, the temps were around -15 - -20 for most of the month of January. That was the worst winter. When it reached 32 degrees I actually went outside without a jacket. It was nice.

And I was thinking between Jan 1 and Dec 31, but you nailed it.

What can I say? I know things. :teeth:

My weekend comes next week.

May you have a good one.

Well... yes. But I was actually referring to the road. He can clear the driveway, but it don't matter too much if there's nowhere to go after that.

WOW! Ok, apparently I missed that one. :laughing: Now I've caught up with you. :laughing::laughing: That's just too funny. Yes, that it a problem if you've got nowhere to put it.

Morning Gents,

It's freaking freezing here today. We need a lottery win and a move south.

Have a good one all.

I'd love to win the lottery and buy a house in Florida. Dreams.

I've got my eye on one of those.

They're worth it, my friend.

Imagine that...
Actual snow in South Carolina as opposed to just ice and slush.
Granted it was less then an inch of it:

And of course, it also lasted about as long as snowballs do around these parts.
(that being a sum total of about four hours once the sun showed up)

But it was pretty while it lasted.

Imagine that...

View attachment 641157

View attachment 641159

Good thing you took the time to clean your driveway before it melted.

Imagine that...

View attachment 641157

View attachment 641159

Well that would explain why I saw this:

Morning, Gents! Got lots of cleaning and organizing done yesterday, still lots to do, but a little at at time. Wound up getting a new phone yesterday. I've had two separate instances where my old phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on, even after being plugged in. I was able to get my phone to turn back on after pressing the home button and power button multiple times. Plus, I didn't get very long on a battery before it drained. Yes, I could have replaced the battery, but my old phone was a 6s and I doubt Apple would continue to support the phone for much longer. Plus it came down to me just wanting a new phone. I wound up getting the iPhone 13 and not the 13 Pro Max. Wasn't sure on the price of the 13 Pro Max and didn't want to tempt myself, so just looked at the 13. I did, however, get the phone with 256 gig of storage space. Will I use it all? Don't know, but I do know I can re-download some of my movies and TV shows I like watching and not have to worry about storage space for a while.

Later today, my DMiL, DD and I will be ushering at a local production of Godspell, the same show my DW is music directing and heading out to dinner after, so that'll be fun. Get us out of the house this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

TTFN

Imagine that...

View attachment 641157

View attachment 641159

Those are the best kind of snow storms.

I have had... a day.
Between back-breaking work and arguing with a constable to calming a furious neighbour (not furious at me, though) to packing 3 days worth of chores into one...

Yeah... it's been a day...

Ok, why were you arguing with a constable? Did I miss something in a previous post? Hope everything worked out ok.

Good thing you took the time to clean your driveway before it melted.
I know better...
It didn't even bother sticking to the driveway, so I had nothing to clear.

I have had... a day.
Between back-breaking work and arguing with a constable to calming a furious neighbour (not furious at me, though) to packing 3 days worth of chores into one...

Yeah... it's been a day...
I would say so.
I'd have already been drinking before the constable even got there, much less dealing with the rest of that sentence.

Well that would explain why I saw this:
View attachment 641228
That's likely an image from last week.
What we had then was ice, which does tend to stick to the secondary roads.
A school bus on ice is generally a recipe for a bad situation.

And imagine what that would have been like way back when I was in school in the days where SC had High-School kids driving the buses.

Those are the best kind of snow storms.
Pretty much the only ones I've got anything good to say about.

I would say so.
I'd have already been drinking before the constable even got there, much less dealing with the rest of that sentence.
Was far too tired to lift a glass.
That's likely an image from last week.
What we had then was ice, which does tend to stick to the secondary roads.
A school bus on ice is generally a recipe for a bad situation.
Yeah ice is... not good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter