• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning guys! Nice to see some "old" faces in here again!
72c8950f48b6f68e878465f0fbcb31af.jpg

I have all the free time and leave time. Just not enough money to do anything or be in Florida.

Me. Old and proud of it. Get off my lawn!

Or did you just smell one of your own farts? :lmao:
Im leaning towards him smelling a fart

Happy Friday Chaps, from a very dark London. Did the thing where you look at your watch, jump out of bed, run downstairs, and its an hour earlier than you thought.

$625 for new front rotors and pads
Could have been worse, I guess.
Started seeing rumors yesterday that WDW AP's may be changing for the worse in the near term. IE blackout dates around the opening of new attractions
I saw that on the DIS. DLP do something similar, they have tiered passes. The cheapest one has a load of blackout around peak, the middle tier is blacked out Xmas and Halloween and key events, and one has no blackout. The attraction thing is going to be a bit of a nightmare, no? How are you supposed to know when the attractions are going to open if you are booking a hotel? Does the blackout move when they inevitably miss a date?

Last edited:
I saw that on the DIS. DLP do something similar, they have tiered passes. The cheapest one has a load of blackout around peak, the middle tier is blacked out Xmas and Halloween and key events, and one has no blackout. The attraction thing is going to be a bit of a nightmare, no? How are you supposed to know when the attractions are going to open if you are booking a hotel? Does the blackout move when they inevitably miss a date?
Happy Friday

WDW has a very tiered system for Florida residents. For out of state people only have the Gold and Platinum options for the 4 parks. Gold currently has black out dates. We just renewed our kids AP's and they could only tell us that there are black out dates for the gold AP but they couldn't tell us what the blackout dates are

Happy Friday. Got a call from the school today. While on the bus ride back from a field trip, my daughter decided to start a rubber band war with other kids on the bus and has in house suspension for the remainder of the day. This will be an interesting discussion when she gets home today. :headache:

Is it safe in here???

YUP!!!

perhaps it's high time I give this place another go

Some of us never left.

Define safe...

How about drama free? :sad2:

Happy Friday gents, about time it got here this week. Well so much for U.S.A. Hockey, first international tournament ever where we did not win at least 1 game "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin." And whatever knot head decided to put the Bears on Monday Night Football has been topped by another greater knot head to put them on Sunday Night Football? What happened to great matchups as the game of the week? Have great weekend!
Started seeing rumors yesterday that WDW AP's may be changing for the worse in the near term. IE blackout dates around the opening of new attractions.
Saw that too. So you have an annual pass and make multiple visits per year, spend a crap ton of money, stay at our hotels and you think that annual pass should work to see Pandora at AK or Frozen at EPCOT? What Disney head dumb a$$ came up with this one?!?
Happy Friday. Got a call from the school today. While on the bus ride back from a field trip, my daughter decided to start a rubber band war with other kids on the bus and has in house suspension for the remainder of the day. This will be an interesting discussion when she gets home today. :headache:
Have fun with this one, see if she tells you without you asking. That will drive her nuts for a couple of hours. DD got suspended from riding the bus for fighting as a sophomore. The details were some yahoo boy grabbed her backpack and threw it to another seat and told her to move. Then when he tried to grab her she twisted his hand backwards and punched him square in the face and told him to pick her back pack up - true story. I got her back on the bus considering the circumstances and the boy had a soft cast on his wrist for a month. Her soccer coach laughed so hard and will never forget the quote "that's my center defender he messed with the wrong girl".

I've never been good with message boards, as you can see, 7 years in I still don't even have a signature..

I have all my DDC Fantasy Sports championships and trip report in mine. But when on a mobile device, you can't see signatures on this new board.

Have fun with this one, see if she tells you without you asking. That will drive her nuts for a couple of hours. DD got suspended from riding the bus for fighting as a sophomore. The details were some yahoo boy grabbed her backpack and threw it to another seat and told her to move. Then when he tried to grab her she twisted his hand backwards and punched him square in the face and told him to pick her back pack up - true story. I got her back on the bus considering the circumstances and the boy had a soft cast on his wrist for a month. Her soccer coach laughed so hard and will never forget the quote "that's my center defender he messed with the wrong girl".

Good for your daughter.

Yeah, she told me about it. Sounds like girl drama. From my conclusion, my dd (bossy, leader) told another girl to move at the HS theater (play) because my daughter and her friends wanted to sit together in that spot. So, on the bus ride back, the other girl told on her. Menacing in the 9th degree - threatening with a rubber band? It is middle school no tolerance policy, so whoever tattles first, wins.

Is it safe in here???
As long as you don't mind the occasional (proper) Canadian spelling of certain words :p

Well so much for U.S.A. Hockey, first international tournament ever where we did not win at least 1 game
Yeah, going 0-3 was surprising. Too bad the American kids on Team North America couldn't make it farther. Canada vs Russia should be good tomorrow to start the semi-finals.

Happy Friday gents, about time it got here this week. Well so much for U.S.A. Hockey, first international tournament ever where we did not win at least 1 game "C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin." And whatever knot head decided to put the Bears on Monday Night Football has been topped by another greater knot head to put them on Sunday Night Football? What happened to great matchups as the game of the week? Have great weekend!

The US had a hockey team playing in the tournament? Who knew?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter