• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Monday, Monday, so good to me;
Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.
Oh, Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
Monday, Monday, can't trust that day;
Monday, Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way.
Oh, Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be.
Oh, Monday, Monday, how could you leave and not take me?
Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah.
But whenever Monday comes - but whenever Monday comes
You can find me crying all of the time.
Monday morning, it was all I hoped it would be.
But Monday morning, Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening you would still be here with me.
Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah.
But whenever Monday comes - but whenever Monday comes
You can find me crying all of the time.
Monday, Monday, can't trust that day;
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way.
Oh, Monday, Monday, won't go away;
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay.
Oh Monday, Monday
Oh Monday, Monday

The US had a hockey team playing in the tournament? Who knew?

Well, I don't know if I'd call that a "hockey team"...

Did you see Phil Kessel's tweet the night they lost to Canada? Hilarious.

Well here goes nothing....

Hi Brent!

I was dissapointed in all the facebook stuff.

Me too. I was late to the fracas and decided to just stay out of it. It reinforced the age-old lesson of: if you have a problem with someone, please address it directly with that person privately.

Funniest thing I noticed was that despite the increased down time, the television time was a whopping 5 minutes in total the whole trip, and that was to check out the WDW today stuff.

Nice. You're doing it right!

Just got back from Chicago and found about Jose Fernandez. Never mind the effects of his death on the Marlins pitching staff, this is a devastating blow to Miami. Much more than a young, great pitcher he had an absolute joy for the game and loved this city. The city loved him back. Extraordinary news, very sad.

Just a horrible tragedy.

It's kinda funny my DW was saying this the other day. Except she was talking about me.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Monday morning brings rain and an orthodontist appointment. So, I'm taking another sick day after I take her to school to finish watching the Walking Dead.

No missed games but I did get about 10 minutes off in each half in our 2-1 win tonight.

Way to take one for the team.

Just got back from Chicago and found about Jose Fernandez. Never mind the effects of his death on the Marlins pitching staff, this is a devastating blow to Miami. Much more than a young, great pitcher he had an absolute joy for the game and loved this city. The city loved him back. Extraordinary news, very sad.

The loss of any human life is tragic. Sad for someone so young.

Monday morning, y

Shaddup......:lmao:

Happy Monday fellas. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Rach seems to be getting back to her old self as the Chemo works out of her body. Now she just has 3 weeks of radiation treatment and then this cancer treatment will be over. It will be nice to just be worrying about work, kids stuff and me being in school again.

Has anyone eaten at the crepe place at Disney Springs?

Happy Monday fellas. Hope everyone had a good weekend. Rach seems to be getting back to her old self as the Chemo works out of her body. Now she just has 3 weeks of radiation treatment and then this cancer treatment will be over. It will be nice to just be worrying about work, kids stuff and me being in school again.

Great to hear Ryan.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Rais a glass of lemonade and ice tea mixture to remember the great Arnold Palmer.

Main thing going on around here is remodeling kitchen and first step of tearing out counter tops was done on Friday so we ar about a week / week and a few days without counter tops and kitchen sink plus all the drawers are pulled out so we have junk all over the downstairs. Put some plywood out to give us some surfaces but gonna be eating out and take out pizza and Chinese for the week ahead.
Hey gents,
New on the Disboards but been lurking on the facebook group for a while. Glad to make some connections!
I need a disdad number!

Two years in a row burned the bank pretty good, and the last trip was certainly long enough, 16 nights in Florida, 14 in Disney. Next year is a lot of day trips and probably Algonquin Park and definitely Ottawa. Already got a huge 2018 trip planned :rolleyes1
Nicely done not sure I could get DW to do DaWorld for 14 days. Work is tough for me to take that long off but with several changes over the past year that seem to be taking money out of my pocket and said the heck with it and we booked a 10 day cruise next summer over the last week of June and July 4th week.
Yep, time to bring on Team Europe in the final!
Team Europe has been a great story but not gonna be as good for Hockey around here in terms of interest and tv viewing. The kids from NA would have played up great and would have definitely created some buzz. If the U.S. would have entered a team that would have given hockey a boost here in the States too.
Very sad, especially considering his story of getting out of Cuba, rescuing his mom at sea, etc.

Has anyone eaten at the crepe place at Disney Springs?
Great news. Have not done he crepe place at DS but the ones at EPCOT in France pavilion are terrific.

Glad to see more of you back. Defending this place against the Canadians and their overuse of U and re is challengureing.

We still do commando park days, just not consecutive days. We got to get every cent out of those park tickets we purchased. I don't so well with downtown, so will play tennis each day or so something. I can kill some major time watching TV.

You'll need it, I was called in to enforce the assault.

I dont mind Disney Springs in smaller doses. But most of the stores there are too rich for my blood. Got a fair amount of Disney Quest time in since it's supposed to close, had a lot of fun with that.

Since we were new to Riverside, spent time seeing what they had to offer. Kids loved the pools, especially the quiet one go figure. The campfire was nice but I wish it was on when it was dark, that's the only thing I never got in this year, it rained at moms trailer when we did an overnight there. And we got to take YeeHa Bob off the Didney bucket list. There were only a couple of days we didn't close out the parks. I just get too damned tired nowadays. I rearranged my FPs at Ak one day to get us back earlier but by the time we finished doing one last thing for the girls ( then another last thing, then another)we were still back the same time. There were lots of times I wanted to hop back to the pool for a bit and return in the evening but was vetoed.

It's kinda funny my DW was saying this the other day. Except she was talking about me.
Yeah, that's what I was implying there. Im putting it off right now as we speak!

Good news!

Morning all...
Just back from our official adults only Week-at-Da'World/25th Anniversary Trip.
We got to take on a number of new adventures for us as well as some old standards,
Did a tour, an evening at MNSSHP, spent all the snack credits at the F&W,
hit a couple of the new lounges on site and enjoyed some seriously good meals at places we'd not been to before. All in all, one dang fine outing.

It does appear that I've missed a good bit while I was out, so...
Welcome to the new folks
Welcome back to some old friends
and may one of these be in you near future...

DSCN6641a.jpg

Not to mention some of this...

DSC_0098a.jpg

Glad to hear it. Hope you can put that all in the rear view mirror soon.

Since we were new to Riverside, spent time seeing what they had to offer.

I really love POR. It's a great place to stay.

All in all, one dang fine outing.

Welcome back! I'm glad you were able to pull it off and have a great time.

?

Glad that she is feeling better. Prayers for her.

You'll need it, I was called in to enforce the assault.

I dont mind Disney Springs in smaller doses. But most of the stores there are too rich for my blood. Got a fair amount of Disney Quest time in since it's supposed to close, had a lot of fun with that.

Since we were new to Riverside, spent time seeing what they had to offer. Kids loved the pools, especially the quiet one go figure. The campfire was nice but I wish it was on when it was dark, that's the only thing I never got in this year, it rained at moms trailer when we did an overnight there. And we got to take YeeHa Bob off the Didney bucket list. There were only a couple of days we didn't close out the parks. I just get too damned tired nowadays. I rearranged my FPs at Ak one day to get us back earlier but by the time we finished doing one last thing for the girls ( then another last thing, then another)we were still back the same time. There were lots of times I wanted to hop back to the pool for a bit and return in the evening but was vetoed.
!

We haven't spent much time at Disney Springs since all the refurbs. Outside of MK, we tend to do theme parks based on location - BWV is Epcot & DHS, AKV is AK, and SSR & OKW for Disney Springs. I try to minimize the Disney transportation, and I don't want to drive in Orlando any more than I have to. As for the resorts, we also enjoy the different activities including the quiet pools.

Morning all...
We got to take on a number of new adventures for us as well as some old standards,
hit a couple of the new lounges on site and enjoyed some seriously good meals at places we'd not been to before. All in all, one dang fine outing.
]

Welcome back from the most magical place on earth. Now, get back to work.

Where you staying? What ADRs? Give us some details.

RIGHT!

BACKSTORY:

So, my parents have been DVC members since I was 13. I am now 36. My dad passed away 5 years ago, and the rest of us still get one annual big trip out of the DVC. In June, my 3 siblings (+wives and kids) and my family of 5 will be going to Hilton Head for 5 days.

My wife and kids and I have been planning a Disney trip in March for a while. Our kids will be 9, 6 and 3 and it just seemed like the perfect age. My Mom informed us that she'll have points left over even with the HHI trip that she'd give to us as a Christmas Present. She included a list of resorts that she had enough points for.

So, we'll be staying at Kidani Village from March 19th through the 24th. We'll arrive on Saturday the 18th, so I booked the Dolphin for a night. I really couldn't be more excited. Last Disney trip was March of 2013, so it'll be 4 years and one kid between trips. We will be driving from Green Bay, WI, so it'll be a heck of a road trip. But, my kids are great travelers.

This was just booked last week. I know I need to get on ADRs and other fun stuff but, it's been a wild ride this past week.

RIGHT!

BACKSTORY:

So, my parents have been DVC members since I was 13. I am now 36. My dad passed away 5 years ago, and the rest of us still get one annual big trip out of the DVC. In June, my 3 siblings (+wives and kids) and my family of 5 will be going to Hilton Head for 5 days.

My wife and kids and I have been planning a Disney trip in March for a while. Our kids will be 9, 6 and 3 and it just seemed like the perfect age. My Mom informed us that she'll have points left over even with the HHI trip that she'd give to us as a Christmas Present. She included a list of resorts that she had enough points for.

So, we'll be staying at Kidani Village from March 19th through the 24th. We'll arrive on Saturday the 18th, so I booked the Dolphin for a night. I really couldn't be more excited. Last Disney trip was March of 2013, so it'll be 4 years and one kid between trips. We will be driving from Green Bay, WI, so it'll be a heck of a road trip. But, my kids are great travelers.

This was just booked last week. I know I need to get on ADRs and other fun stuff but, it's been a wild ride this past week.

Nice!

As for the FB stuff, I read all the posts and was disappointed. It is more convenient for posting, but I've been here since thread 2 and plan to keep on chugging along until Randall locks the door and turns out the light.

I was dissapointed in all the facebook stuff. I was wondering if we are going to wind up with a blow up like this every couple of years. It seems like it's driven a bunch of us back to the beginning.

What in the world? Wonder what I missed there as I haven't been in the FB group for a while. Hope it all worked out.

I just did mine as well...
$800 here...but I got an oil change, so that balance it out I guess... :(

Brian... is that you? :sail:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Morning all...

It does appear that I've missed a good bit while I was out, so...
Welcome to the new folks
Welcome back to some old friends
and may one of these be in you near future...

View attachment 197150

Not to mention some of this...

View attachment 197151

Welcome back! Glad you were able to make the trip happen! Sounds like you stormed the castle adult-style. :thumbsup2 (is a thumb)

Hello men! Been a busy couple of weeks my way. Finally replaced the main electric panel and have almost completed the new mini split heat pump installation in the house. Neither project has gone according to plan, but I'd have been shocked if it did. Only thing left on the heat pump is the final vacuum of the line/check for leaks, then charge the system. It's been an interesting adventure since this is my first installation of a heat pump. (Don't tell Dave I'm doing this stuff! lol)

Hoping the weather holds out for tomorrow as DD and I have a 12:30pm tee time. Though, the forecast is hovering at 60% chance of rain. I let her know that there is nothing like playing in the rain... there's always a first time for that. lol. The Friday after next is our annual golf tournament for work that raises funds for United Way. Going to play the same course and see if we can get a leg up. Looks good on paper anyway!

RIGHT!

BACKSTORY:

That sounds like a really great trip. That is a perfect age. Dolphin is a great place to stay for a night or two. It's really fun to be on the boardwalk.

What in the world? Wonder what I missed there as I haven't been in the FB group for a while. Hope it all worked out.
Sounded like there was a lot of stuff boiling below the surface that all came out. Was frustrating but I think people have moved on now.

Hello men! Been a busy couple of weeks my way. Finally replaced the main electric panel and have almost completed the new mini split heat pump installation in the house. Neither project has gone according to plan, but I'd have been shocked if it did. Only thing left on the heat pump is the final vacuum of the line/check for leaks, then charge the system. It's been an interesting adventure since this is my first installation of a heat pump. (Don't tell Dave I'm doing this stuff! lol)

Hoping the weather holds out for tomorrow as DD and I have a 12:30pm tee time. Though, the forecast is hovering at 60% chance of rain. I let her know that there is nothing like playing in the rain... there's always a first time for that. lol. The Friday after next is our annual golf tournament for work that raises funds for United Way. Going to play the same course and see if we can get a leg up. Looks good on paper anyway!

You're quite the handyman. First the bathroom install and now this.

Sounded like there was a lot of stuff boiling below the surface that all came out. Was frustrating but I think people have moved on now.

Sad. But I guess every group has drama once in a while. We just had to worry about Norm's tennis matches here :bored:

You're quite the handyman. First the bathroom install and now this.

Thanks. It's fun to try my hand at stuff that seems like a challenge. The only deterrent is that stuff that is green... has president's mugs on it... and seems to has an affinity to avoid the liner of my wallet! Otherwise, game on! :lmao:Just to consider the amount I saved the last two weeks... I upgraded the main electric panel from 150amp to 200amp... Cost - $150 and my time. 3/4 ton heat pump... bought online for $850 new. Got about another $50 in misc stuff to install it. So under a grand for a new 22.5 SEER heat pump sounds pretty good to me. I figured we would recoup the cost in about 7 years since we are replacing a window A/C unit and an electric fireplace.

Had a fun weekend. Smoked 10 pounds of pork belly low and slow over hickory and sliced it up nice and thick for bacon! Yum yum! Other than that, stayed pretty lazy. Watched Tenn beat Florida, went to church and hung out with the family.

RIGHT!

BACKSTORY:

Sweet. Enjoy the planning process. Sometimes I feel like the planning is almost as much fun as the actual trip....almost.

Yep it got nasty over there for a couple days. It made some of the more drama filled DisBoards seem tame in comparison.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter