DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

GOOD MORNING VIETNAMMM! OK, from an overcast S. Florida. The weather people are all yelling batten down the hatches and we are not even in hurricane season. Hopefully just some wind and rain.

Hope Crash heals up soon. She's probably not going to win any of those battles against the sharks. As for Cracker Barrel, I forget which one it is, but I like the one with chicken fried chicken.

On your earlier post, you never know if things click for DD#1 when she moves on. Reality tends to give you a kick in the butt.

My kid will be fine healing up, they consider it a badge of honor although this one was a big one, it nearly knocked her off the boat.

I think the chicken fried steak is part of the Herschel but I choose more along the lines of the sugar ham or the pork chop. Love the biscuits and gravy. Getting hungry and don't want to cook so I may go out to eat.
Dang..... :worship:

All in a days work.

I fear it may be even worse:scratchin, that they will ask who Richard Nixon, John Lennon or The Beach Boys are:rolleyes1:sad2::drinking1:scared1:.

And they are?

Is that a Hammerhead shark steak on the plate:confused3:boat:.

Rule #3 on a shark tagging boat. Do not even suggest eating a shark steak. The last time I was on the boat, some one kidded about it and they were immediately bludgeoned to death and used as bait.

Not a big wine guy, but I did also notice the steep food prices, If I was to spend that kind of money on a steak, it is not going to be at a wine bar:confused3. I would be at Shula's and guess what they have a wine menu also go figure:thumbsup2.

In a life many years ago, I was in the wine business. Restaurants make a ton on the markup on their wine but this is something else. If I was at Disney and wanted to spend that much on a meal, I wouldn't go to a glorified shopping center to do it.

CJ,
I have to say I was very impressed by your daughter at the DDCC, where I finally met most of you guys. Any person who handles sharks on a daily basis is a bad-*** in my book!

Thanks Matt, as much as she pi$$e$ me off sometimes, she is doing what she loves and is enjoying it. Had a conversation with Paul last meet and as far as what your kids are doing, wrestling sharks is pretty much up there.

CM101-LS_Long_Sleeve2.JPG
Just an idea...

I like it. Sent it to her and I am sure she will have a good laugh about your suggestion.

Last edited:
CM101-LS_Long_Sleeve2.JPG
Just an idea...

I like it. Sent it to her and I am sure she will have a good laugh about your suggestion.

Actually.... this isn't a joke. This exists:

0edecc7fe18eea2f24b8f7918f3aa7fa.jpg

I remember watching a documentary when they were testing it.
It worked. They had one problem though where a shark tore off a glove (it wasn't part of the suit at the time, but separate pieces) and her (yes, her) hand got cut.

Actually.... this isn't a joke. This exists:

0edecc7fe18eea2f24b8f7918f3aa7fa.jpg

I remember watching a documentary when they were testing it.
It worked. They had one problem though where a shark tore off a glove (it wasn't part of the suit at the time, but separate pieces) and her (yes, her) hand got cut.

Where's the sword?

Right. That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. In light of Ron’s idea, all into the monorail for the Monrail loop bar crawl, for a Uh-Oa at Sams, an Old Fashioned at Mizners, and finally a shot of the good stuff at Cali Grill Lounge. Last one to "mantengase alejado de las puertas" has to take Sarabi home. And, let me tell ya, last time I went there, I thought she was shouting out her dead husbands name. Turned out she just wanted me to move faster.

Have a great Friday boys.

Right. That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. In light of Ron’s idea, all into the monorail for the Monrail loop bar crawl, for a Uh-Oa at Sams, an Old Fashioned at Mizners, and finally a shot of the good stuff at Cali Grill Lounge. Last one to "mantengase alejado de las puertas" has to take Sarabi home. And, let me tell ya, last time I went there, I thought she was shouting out her dead husbands name. Turned out she just wanted me to move faster.

You must have gotten through to the Dean, as we just got the email giving us early release for the holiday weekend. :jumping1:
Hope everyone gets a chance to do some grillin and chillin this weekend.

Week 2, shark burn #2. This time by a Great Hammerhead....

great-h-burn-jpg.324656
Quite the collection of battle scars she's acquiring.
Are the seas rougher or are the sharks bigger on this expedition?

mum's the sword.
Bad Dad Pun of the week...

Well done sir.

:laughing:
We probably need to go back through the thread and gather up some of these "And, let me tell ya"s for posterity. (or would that be posterior)

I have a special email address from the illuminati. Works like a charm every time. Smokin' me up some ribs this weekend.
Well, apparently my overlords don't much fear the illuminati, 'cause once again they ain't got the message.

Actually.... this isn't a joke. This exists: I remember watching a documentary when they were testing it.

Saw the same documentary. Good show. I sent her Randall's comment and she thought it was a a bit impractical for tagging. She did think it was funny though.

Where's the sword?

mum's the sword.

S & W.gif

True except the nasty comments part. One of the reasons I enjoy coming here.

Right. That’s it. I’m calling it. Work week over. Everyone out. In light of Ron’s idea, all into the monorail for the Monrail loop bar crawl, for a Uh-Oa at Sams, an Old Fashioned at Mizners, and finally a shot of the good stuff at Cali Grill Lounge.

Good call but you have to wait until they are open. Unless you have the keys. You do have the keys right?

Last one to "mantengase alejado de las puertas" has to take Sarabi home. And, let me tell ya, last time I went there, I thought she was shouting out her dead husbands name. Turned out she just wanted me to move faster.

Now that is funny. Were you late for lunch?

You must have gotten through to the Dean, as we just got the email giving us early release for the holiday weekend. :jumping1:
Hope everyone gets a chance to do some grillin and chillin this weekend.

Enjoy the weekend. My plan was to grill a nice steak. The weekend is going to be a washout but will probably do it anyway.

Quite the collection of battle scars she's acquiring.
Are the seas rougher or are the sharks bigger on this expedition?

Seas are bad but I think the ones they are catching are a bit more spunky.

We probably need to go back through the thread and gather up some of these "And, let me tell ya"s for posterity. (or would that be posterior)
I think we've been doing this about a year? That my friend is a Herculean task. And not in the good way, like jumping Meghara's bones.
You do have the keys right?
Shhhhh. Illumnati perk. See you at 330.
Were you late for lunch?
:thumbsup2
I fear it may be even worse:scratchin, that they will ask who Richard Nixon, John Lennon or The Beach Boys are:rolleyes1:sad2::drinking1:scared1:.
2 of those are definitely in One Direction.
If I was to spend that kind of money on a steak, it is not going to be at a wine bar
::yes:: You speak the truth unto men.
Whats that stuff between the meat and the eggs? Clean answers only boys.

Just had burgers and Onion rings at GBK. The boy is obsessed with tossing a pigskin the last couple of weeks, so rest of the evening out there with him. He does throw a lovely spiral for a 7yo Brit.

On a slight tangent, it seems Me and Norm are Pioneers in the fashion world, just too far ahead of our time.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44256820

Happy Friday. On vacation from job #2 until June 17. Still have to work job 1 next week, but flying out a week from now. Actually, i should have landed by now.

They are use to my holdout of electronics:badpc:. I fear it may be even worse:scratchin, that they will ask who Richard Nixon, John Lennon or The Beach Boys are:rolleyes1:sad2::drinking1:scared1:.

They have their cell phones to figure that out.

On your earlier post, you never know if things click for DD#1 when she moves on. Reality tends to give you a kick in the butt.

I think the chicken fried steak is part of the Herschel but I choose more along the lines of the sugar ham or the pork chop. Love the biscuits and gravy. Getting hungry and don't want to cook so I may go out to eat.

She starts working this summer. She'll get about 20 hours a week as a lifeguard this summer. I'm hoping that will instill something in her. I had a coworker just go to her 26 year old's college graduation, on a 7 year bachelor's degree in fire investigation. But, he's not a firefighter. I'm scared of that level of enabling.

I was looking for more Markel references, something that rhymes with sparkles.

On a slight tangent, it seems Me and Norm are Pioneers in the fashion world, just too far ahead of our time.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44256820

I'm scared to click on that link. :scared1:

Happy Friday. On vacation from job #2 until June 17. Still have to work job 1 next week, but flying out a week from now. Actually, i should have landed by now

I was looking for more Markel references, something that rhymes with sparkles.
I'm scared to click on that link. :scared1:
I did the Markles sparkles thing last week. Jeez, everyone’s a critic.....

For reference, all requests for besmirching reputations on a Friday should be submitted to the committee no less that 10 working minutes before the call time (13:50), to give the committee a shot of at least getting something vaguely funny in. I know, I know, why start now...

Enjoy your countdown buddy, and rock that diamante. Hope your knee is easing up.

Morning boys from a drizzly London, thats moving up throughout the gears to 25-28C by tonight and throughout the weekend. Ribs tonight, I think Steaks monday. Our little part of London shuts down this weekend as we host the Dance Music Festival, which takes about 50,000 in. When the drizzle clears up, we'll open the doors and listen to the beats.

Have a great Saturday boys.

Morning, gents.

Morning boys from a drizzly London, thats moving up throughout the gears to 25-28C by tonight and throughout the weekend. Ribs tonight, I think Steaks monday.

Sounds like it’s shaping up to be a pretty good weekend. I’m working through mine and haven’t figured out meals yet. But steak does sound good.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Morning, gents.

Sounds like it’s shaping up to be a pretty good weekend. I’m working through mine and haven’t figured out meals yet. But steak does sound good.

Hope everyone has a good one!

Thanks pkondz, I hope you and everyone else has a good steak too...

Top O the Mornin Dads from Chicago. Had a great first two days here especially a Cubs win yesterday. Drank from 10:00 am to 9:00 yesterday and ate my weight in hot dogs, sausages and Italian beefs. Posted some pics on the other site as it’s way easier. Got One more Cubs game tonight then back home tomorrow to dry out and diet. Have a great weekend guys.
Morning All.

Had a wild weather day here yesterday. Nice and warm in the morning only to get cold as the day went on. Early in the afternoon it sounded like a hurricane coming through with major winds, rain and hail. I watched 2 trees come down in our backyard as well as the tops off two others. And then the power went out for about 5 hours. It was crazy.

Hope today is a much better day weather wise and the weather is good for the weekend. We are off to a the first of three summer basketball tournaments that DS will playing in.

Have a good one all.
Wow like you guys haven’t had enough serious weather this spring. Stay safe
Saw the menu at Wine Board George with prices and all I can say is ouch. Wine markup is bad but this one is ridiculous. Food also is pricey. Cheese board for $24? I'll pass.
I hear ya. Way too many really good places to go for that kind of coin.
Week number 2 in the Dry Tortugas is in the book. Week 3 looks iffy. There is a potential depression out there heading North. Out of safety concerns they may base in Key West and do day trips.

Week 2, shark burn #2. This time by a Great Hammerhead....

View attachment 324656

While she was heading back to the dock, I went to Cracker Barrel. The Uncle Herschel, one of my go to's...

View attachment 324660

I think I won.

Lets get ready to RUUMMMMMBBLLLE!
Ouch that has got to hurt like a … The Cracker Barrel by us sucks - they need a new cook or something. Enjoy your weekend

Top O the Mornin Dads from Chicago. Had a great first two days here especially a Cubs win yesterday. Drank from 10:00 am to 9:00 yesterday and ate my weight in hot dogs, sausages and Italian beefs. Posted some pics on the other site as it’s way easier. Got One more Cubs game tonight then back home tomorrow to dry out and diet. Have a great weekend guys.

Wow like you guys haven’t had enough serious weather this spring. Stay safe

I hear ya. Way too many really good places to go for that kind of coin.

Ouch that has got to hurt like a … The Cracker Barrel by us sucks - they need a new cook or something. Enjoy your weekend
Go cubs! Enjoy Chicago mate

Afternoon Guys,

The run of summer basketball tournaments have begun. We travelled to Prince Edward Island for the first of three tournaments for the team Declan is playing with. 2 and 0 so far with 1 game left later tonight to finish off the pool play. It should come down to deciding 1st in the pool and probably the only competitive game in the pool. The first two games have been pretty lopsided.

Hope you all have a good one.

Morning Gents, I am alive. Cold but alive. Work has been kicking me in the pants yet again. Didn't leave the office until 7pm last night. Definitely missed the Friday night monorail loop pub crawl, hope you boys enjoyed it.
I skimmed over 6 pages of chatter. Didn't see too much strife, apart from Norm's knee. Could there be an ECV tour of WDW in your future @AirGoofy?

Not much new to report here. Dance competitions are finally done (4 out of 5 weekends was a bit too much). The cat has recovered from her spaying and was quite glad to get the cone of shame removed after a week.

I've got my trip planning spreadsheet pretty much done for August (with much thanks to @londontime for some planning help). Figured out which parks, which days. Since it's our first trip in the summer heat, I've planned in a midday break nearly every day. Morning is generally EMH park, then hop to a (forecasted) less crowded park for the evening. Since I'm on a tighter budget this trip, and on the free QS dining plan, I only have two ADRs, one old, one new. Family favourite Via Napoli and Homecomin' at Disney Spring which I have heard a lot of good things about, so really wanted to try. Trying to get a Beaches & Cream ADR but no luck so far, but I started all this late, so I wasn't surprised. We've done most of the other restaurants and character meals that we wanted on past trips, so we're not too disappointed.

Wild weather. Getting snow today?
Heard NF was.
There was some snow in the northern part of the province yesterday but nothing like the forecast for Newfoundland, 30 centimetres.
Thankfully my part of the island was spared any snow, but central/west unbelievably did get around 30cm of snow. It's still been dang cold here the last few days, only a few degrees above freezing. I'll be the first to admit the weather in these parts is not the best, but this is out of the ordinary. I guess it really is "climate change" and not "global warming"...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter