• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Week done early. Went and captained my tennis team, even though I can't play. We were 3-2 first match and 2-3 second match. Feel bad because I could have helped win in that second match. :furious:

I was shocked when I saw the score. Thought it was a typo.

It was messy (typo).

Great news, really happy for you.

Thanks.

Morning Guys.

The school year is wrapping up. DS was done last week, DW has her last day with students today and finished next Tuesday for the summer. It's times like this I wonder why I'm not a teacher.

Have a good one.

School still in session? It was bad here the last two weeks in May. Can't imagine going in June.

Happy Friday guys. DD has to go to the Keys for a presentation and I might tag along and play a bit. This Hawaii thing is just sinking in. She has a ton of stuff to do before September.

At least part of that is good news. Surgery in about 2 months?

September is forever away. Surgery still not scheduled. I guess insurance is still pending. I talked with PT at tennis tournament today. For injured knees, they insert acupuncture needles in the quadriceps and stimulate with electricity. Growing that muscle alleviates the knee pain. I don't know if that will work, but it sounds freaking cool.

I'll call it. Everyone out. Headed to the newly made patio at Dan's house for Bangers and Chips. BYOB and the last one there has to wait on Dan, Norm and Randall so they can put their feet up.

My feet are already up. Just not at Dan's. :lmao:

Got a FB post from Brian. In a message Jodi said he was walking around a bit the day after surgery without using a walker. I'm assuming that he is continuing to recover nicely.

Glad to hear he is doing well.

Was that the Pappy Van Winkle? No...........

Evening fellas. Hope all are doing well. Long week, glad it's over.

Funny story. My sister decided to take her kids down to WDW in August for a week, so my wife decided she'd bring our kids down then too (we have APs, so she thought it was a no-brainer... she's great with disney math :sad2:)... and after listening to them all talk about it, I decided I'd fly down for a 4-day weekend and join in the fun. So looks like a nice unexpected wdw trip is in my future this summer. Something to look forward to.

Hope they still have beer and pretzels down there when I get there.

Funny story. My sister decided to take her kids down to WDW in August for a week, so my wife decided she'd bring our kids down then too (we have APs, so she thought it was a no-brainer... she's great with disney math :sad2:)... and after listening to them all talk about it, I decided I'd fly down for a 4-day weekend and join in the fun. So looks like a nice unexpected wdw trip is in my future this summer. Something to look forward to.

So when are you going:confused3

Sorry to hear that Dan. :hug:
You too, hope all is o.k.
BYOB and the last one there has to wait on Dan, Norm and Randall so they can put their feet up.
Cheers boys. Was at my wits end yesterday trying to get round the administrative fuster cluck that is the NHS.
In a message Jodi said he was walking around a bit the day after surgery without using a walker.
That's great news. May his recovery continue
I fly in late on the 9th and leave late on the 13th
There is an outside chance of a disdad meet with me as well.

Its a bit early here fellas, so have a great evening....

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

Got home Thursday. Did well with the physical therapy (PT) while at the hospital. Surgery was a success, before surgery I was only able walk 5 minutes before my legs would go numb. I was told that I may not see any improvements for weeks or even months. It dawned on me while walking with the PT nurse that we had been walking for longer than 5 min and I wasn't numb at all. They kept me in the hospital longer because I had a lot of discharge, so Thursday morning came and the doctor said I could go home. He said he would be up about 4 pm to button me up and to have Jodi there so we could discuss home care. He left and about 10 min later I put my brace on to take a walk, I hadn't used the walker since Tuesday, so I didn't use it then. I headed out to the hallway and started down the hall, when I see my doctor at a work station. I breeze pass him, said good morning to him again only to see a look of shock on his face. I continued my walk to the end of the hallway turned around and came back. When I passed him again he had a big grin on his face and told me I was doing ready great. I got back to my room took off my brace and sat in my chair just as the doctor ran into my room to tell me he would be back up at noon to get me buttoned up and to get me on my way home. I did have a setback at home and need to use the walker again, but as of this morning I am once again walker free. I am still mind numb from all the drugs, and just typing this has taken me longer than it should have, so if anyone wants to update the crew on the Facebook feel free to do so. As for me, I think I'll take a nap.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn...

Morning gents.
Crap I'm tired. I can't wait until Monday morning when I can get some sleep.

It was messy (typo).

giphy.gif

Cheers boys. Was at my wits end yesterday trying to get round the administrative fuster cluck that is the NHS.

NHS?

Got home Thursday. Did well with the physical therapy (PT) while at the hospital. Surgery was a success, before surgery I was only able walk 5 minutes before my legs would go numb. I was told that I may not see any improvements for weeks or even months. It dawned on me while walking with the PT nurse that we had been walking for longer than 5 min and I wasn't numb at all.

Hey! That's great news!

They kept me in the hospital longer because I had a lot of discharge

No, no, no. They discharge you then you leave.

so Thursday morning came and the doctor said I could go home. He said he would be up about 4 pm to button me up and to have Jodi there so we could discuss home care. He left and about 10 min later I put my brace on to take a walk, I hadn't used the walker since Tuesday, so I didn't use it then. I headed out to the hallway and started down the hall, when I see my doctor at a work station. I breeze pass him, said good morning to him again only to see a look of shock on his face. I continued my walk to the end of the hallway turned around and came back. When I passed him again he had a big grin on his face and told me I was doing ready great. I got back to my room took off my brace and sat in my chair just as the doctor ran into my room to tell me he would be back up at noon to get me buttoned up and to get me on my way home. I did have a setback at home and need to use the walker again, but as of this morning I am once again walker free. I am still mind numb from all the drugs, and just typing this has taken me longer than it should have, so if anyone wants to update the crew on the Facebook feel free to do so. As for me, I think I'll take a nap.

That's really great news. Happy for you. :)

Morning all. Super team Belgium is really good this morning. Hazard is one of my favorite players to watch.

Week done early. Went and captained my tennis team, even though I can't play. We were 3-2 first match and 2-3 second match. Feel bad because I could have helped win in that second match. :furious:
? No...........

To update you, we are in 3rd place and play #1 & #5 today, so we will probably remain there. I'm staying home today as I don't feel like making the 3 hour drive again. Co-captain running it today.

Disney has a magical pretzel and beer tree that never runs out.

It might be safe to say that Norm is either already there, or on his way with a giant straw:magnify::drinking::rolleyes1:rotfl2:

It was the Barton 1792 distillery, which isn't my brand. However, it could impact the whole supply / availability thing.

Prayers for those in need; Praise for those deserving; Disney, Dole Whips & Bacon for All!

Got home Thursday. Did well with the physical therapy (PT) while at the hospital. Surgery was a success, before surgery I was only able walk 5 minutes before my legs would go numb. I was told that I may not see any improvements for weeks or even months. It dawned on me while walking with the PT nurse that we had been walking for longer than 5 min and I wasn't numb at all. They kept me in the hospital longer because I had a lot of discharge, so Thursday morning came and the doctor said I could go home. He said he would be up about 4 pm to button me up and to have Jodi there so we could discuss home care. He left and about 10 min later I put my brace on to take a walk, I hadn't used the walker since Tuesday, so I didn't use it then. I headed out to the hallway and started down the hall, when I see my doctor at a work station. I breeze pass him, said good morning to him again only to see a look of shock on his face. I continued my walk to the end of the hallway turned around and came back. When I passed him again he had a big grin on his face and told me I was doing ready great. I got back to my room took off my brace and sat in my chair just as the doctor ran into my room to tell me he would be back up at noon to get me buttoned up and to get me on my way home. I did have a setback at home and need to use the walker again, but as of this morning I am once again walker free. I am still mind numb from all the drugs, and just typing this has taken me longer than it should have, so if anyone wants to update the crew on the Facebook feel free to do so. As for me, I think I'll take a nap.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. Enjoy those drugs. :lmao:

Last edited:
School still in session? It was bad here the last two weeks in May. Can't imagine going in June.

The high schools finished their exams last week so this week was just parties and graduation for them. Middle school and elementary students finished yesterday with all the teachers working until this coming Tuesday. Teachers head back the last week of August and the students start just after Labour Day.

Great to hear Randall! Good to have you back, our other thread hadn't seen much movement for awhile.

Top O the Mornin Dads and welcome home Randall! Heading downtown with DW today to see Disney in Concert with the Nashville Symphony and some of the broadway singers. There will be a screen showing the film scenes as well. An outdoor amphitheater right in down town is the venue so should be a nice evening. Have a great weekend guys.

All great to hear, keep up the progress just don’t overdo it. Give my best to Jodi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter