DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Yesterday we went out on the shark tagging boat. Interesting operation. They tagged a Nurse, Lemon and a Tiger. The Tiger is a rare find off Miami's shores and the shark guys were pumped. Pretty cool and I thought interesting. They don't allow cameras on the boat so have to wait until they post some pictures.
Cool! Sounds like a fun experience!

On three days off at they've started with a bang. Well, more of a thud... and I feel terrible about it.
Was about to take DD15 to school and collapsed in front of her. Threw my back out and dropped like a rock. Freaked her out.
Guess I'll spend my days off in bed.
Oh no... that sucks. Take care of yourself and get feeling better.

My cousin got married last Saturday and the theme was.......wait for it......Haunted Mansion!:thumbsup2 The wedding was outside and the weather was awesome. Reception was a heated tent. They had ghoulish decorations, a (first time for me) "candy bar" that was pretty yummy and lots of great decor. All in all a great evening. We don't get out much without the kids. Kind of think I'll steal the candy idea for our Halloween night.
My sister has said for a while that she wants a Haunted Mansion wedding either on Friday 13th or Halloween night.

Of course that would mean she has to find a guy who is crazy enough to put up with her, but not as brain dead as most of them she usually finds. It's a fine line...

Happy Tuesday fellas. Still nice days here, but the wind has picked up. I know fall will be here soon enough, and worse, too cold of weather to play tennis.

Spent the day working on vacation plans for June. Taking two weeks off this time to hit WDW (booked at Boardwalk) followed by a week on the beach.

Good Morning Men!

Have been crazy busy so not in here or on FB for a while. Spotty attendance at best. Hope all are OK. Sending congrats, pixie dust and best wishes to those deserving and prayers for those needed such.

Basketball season is upon us here. DD's team won their weekend qualifier last weekend and now get to play for the state championships in a few weeks. DS's team is inconsistent, but a great group of players. Had to play one of the top teams in the country. Let's just say I know which kids will be getting a free ride to D1 schools and which one's should continue studying.:rolleyes1 DD also playing softball and pitching well. Won her game on Saturday 15-2 with the 2 runs because the coach, who shall remain nameless, wanted to "try" some new things.

Getting ready for the DDCC. Everything booked and continuing to get ready to run the 5K. Knee is OK, but not responding as well as I would have liked. We'll be ready though. It will be great to meet a lot of the dads I have not.

My cousin got married last Saturday and the theme was.......wait for it......Haunted Mansion!:thumbsup2 The wedding was outside and the weather was awesome. Reception was a heated tent. They had ghoulish decorations, a (first time for me) "candy bar" that was pretty yummy and lots of great decor. All in all a great evening. We don't get out much without the kids. Kind of think I'll steal the candy idea for our Halloween night.

Well, I think I'll go back a few pages and see what everyone is up to since I have a few extra minutes. That is all.

Oh, before I forget. CJ.....The dolphins need a new QB.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Good to see you back this way Jim and update on the family. If we resurrect Team Sparrow, you will represent the rest of us coach potatoes while you run at the DDCC.

Happy Tuesday.
I'm flat on my back still. Can't even reach the muscle relaxant/pain killers because they're out of reach on the bathroom cabinet.
I'm hoping DD19 will come home around noon. Food would be nice, too.
Thanks.

Hope she gets home soon. Have them prepare a cooler for you before they leave tomorrow.

100+ bourbons! WOW, that's crazy and my kind of place.
!

We are a destination city. No chance you'll find your way here unless you are aiming for it. But, get here and I'll take you there. CJ is buying. :lmao:

My sister has said for a while that she wants a Haunted Mansion wedding either on Friday 13th or Halloween night.

Of course that would mean she has to find a guy who is crazy enough to put up with her, but not as brain dead as most of them she usually finds. It's a fine line...

Good luck on that. What's that line from the Avengers? You can smell the crazy on them. :rotfl:

I already know that they're not good for me, but always felt like @$#& after enjoying one.
I was a bit like that, but now I only go for half coronas, and try to smoke them the week I buy them, so they are not drying out in the house. I have a box, but its never seemed to work for me. I also don't draw down, because I am a complete p*ssy.
If you ever make it to KY, CJ will drive up and buy us a round.
I'm on my way. Left or right out of Louisville airport? That place sounds AWESOME.
Or, does your jersey say Vardy on the back?
If you are Vardy, Darcy, what the bloody hell has happened to you this season? You can't seem to hit a cows butt with a banjo. It must be all that partying.
That's one thing I really enjoy about trying new bourbons; is finding cool new bottles.
::yes::

Have a good rest of Tuesday chaps, and GO CUBS

They would dance around for a bit and then go after each other. We later laughed because it was just like the crabs in the Finding Nemo scene yelling, Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!

Cool shots! That Nemo scene was the first thing I thought of with the second photo.:rotfl2:

It's not very "cool" for any living human to be seen driving a minivan...

Eh. I don't think I was ever one of the cool kids anyway. So I went for efficiency instead.

On three days off at they've started with a bang. Well, more of a thud... and I feel terrible about it.
Was about to take DD15 to school and collapsed in front of her. Threw my back out and dropped like a rock. Freaked her out.
Guess I'll spend my days off in bed.

Man, that sucks! Back pain is the worst. Hope you heal quickly. It wasn't Space Mountain that did it, was it?

I guess... until I have to squirm out of it... crawl over to the bathroom and groan, scream and yell for the next 10 minutes getting on and off the frickin' throne.

So you need a bedpan, is what you're saying.

Oh no... that sucks. Take care of yourself and get feeling better.

Thanks.

Hope she gets home soon. Have them prepare a cooler for you before they leave tomorrow.

Not a bad idea!
Annnnddd.... probably won't happen. :laughing:

Man, that sucks! Back pain is the worst. Hope you heal quickly. It wasn't Space Mountain that did it, was it?

No, that was too long ago.
It's just one of those things, I guess.
It just happens at the least expected moment.

And that's why it happens.
Not prepared.

So you need a bedpan, is what you're saying.

All kidding aside. Yeah, probably.

I guess... until I have to squirm out of it... crawl over to the bathroom and groan, scream and yell for the next 10 minutes getting on and off the frickin' throne.

Thanks.

Bed-Pan.jpg

Happy Tuesday fellas. Still nice days here, but the wind has picked up. I know fall will be here soon enough, and worse, too cold of weather to play tennis.

I'm looking forward to the cooler temps, fires in the outside bit and yes, even a little snow. We don't get much of it here in southeastern VA, though.

We are a destination city. No chance you'll find your way here unless you are aiming for it. But, get here and I'll take you there. CJ is buying. :lmao:
Not sure of your exact location, but I was in KY several years ago on business for about 12 hours. Flew in early morning and flew out late evening. Only two things I remember about the Lexington....bourbon and horses. That and the warehouse I was inspecting.

Sometimes it's just a whole lot easier to let 'em do their own driving.
Still scary as heck when they're fist hitting the road though.
Good vehicle choice; those are reliable enough to alleviate some of the worry about her being stranded somewhere.
(so long as she's good about keeping an eye on the fuel levels, that is)
I totalled 2 of my parents cars while I was growing up. I'm sure I'll be screwed when my kids start driving.

Getting ready for the DDCC. Everything booked and continuing to get ready to run the 5K. Knee is OK, but not responding as well as I would have liked. We'll be ready though. It will be great to meet a lot of the dads I have not.
Where you staying Jim? Are you planning on coming to the picnic on Thursday?

I'm running the 5K with Melody... we should meet up pre run!

My cousin got married last Saturday and the theme was......wait for it......Haunted Mansion!:thumbsup2 The wedding was outside and the weather was awesome. Reception was a heated tent. They had ghoulish decorations, a (first time for me) "candy bar" that was pretty yummy and lots of great decor. All in all a great evening. We don't get out much without the kids. Kind of think I'll steal the candy idea for our Halloween night.
that's nice!

Hahahaaaaa.... you better not let her see this.

Spent the day working on vacation plans for June. Taking two weeks off this time to hit WDW (booked at Boardwalk) followed by a week on the beach.
U gonna try to hit Vero again?

Eh. I don't think I was ever one of the cool kids anyway. So I went for efficiency instead.
The first vehicle I bought was a minivan... I used it for work but I also had to trick it out with a system and chrome rims.

Top O the the Mornin Dads! Can someone please get a hit, string a few hits in the same inning........... something? Lots of series left but about to get into my "here we @#$&^ go again" Cub fan mode. C'mon boys, wake the bats up tonight.
GO CUBS!
9c5b086c20c03f3e682ea4a0866b7c08.jpg

Good Morning Men!

Have been crazy busy so not in here or on FB for a while. Spotty attendance at best. Hope all are OK. Sending congrats, pixie dust and best wishes to those deserving and prayers for those needed such.

Basketball season is upon us here. DD's team won their weekend qualifier last weekend and now get to play for the state championships in a few weeks. DS's team is inconsistent, but a great group of players. Had to play one of the top teams in the country. Let's just say I know which kids will be getting a free ride to D1 schools and which one's should continue studying.:rolleyes1 DD also playing softball and pitching well. Won her game on Saturday 15-2 with the 2 runs because the coach, who shall remain nameless, wanted to "try" some new things.

Well, I think I'll go back a few pages and see what everyone is up to since I have a few extra minutes. That is all.

Oh, before I forget. CJ.....The dolphins need a new QB.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Good to hear from you and great to see the kids are doing well. Best of luck to DD with the hoops.

Good deal on the vacation plans. What beach you targeting, Vero again? Oh, and let me know when the boys get to the "destination city" and I'll head up there to add to CJ's cc points :lmao:

I was a bit like that, but now I only go for half coronas, and try to smoke them the week I buy them, so they are not drying out in the house. I have a box, but its never seemed to work for me. I also don't draw down, because I am a complete p*ssy.
I have a home humidor and works pretty good for me as I pretty much order a box or two at a time online as it is much cheaper than buying a few at the local cigar store. Need the humidor as it takes me a bit to go through a box or two as I am in the same club as you indicated :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to the cooler temps, fires in the outside bit and yes, even a little snow. We don't get much of it here in southeastern VA, though.
Me too, we really enjoy the crisp cool weather outside with a fire going and looks like after today here fall weather will be in full swing.

Morning all. Quite frustrated this AM. Our plumbing us not draining out of the house. AT&T installed new fiber optics last month, and neighbors have been having problems ever since. Sure, they'll fix it. But, the water people have to say it's their fault, then they call the contractor, then..... So, it will be showers at the gym or indoor tennis club the next few days until they fix it. Or, I may just open the trap in the front yard and let all the backed up s$!t run out. :furious:

I'm on my way. Left or right out of Louisville airport? That place sounds AWESOME.

Not that easy. There is no interstate travel from Louisville directly, so I guess it may be close to what you are used to in driving narrow, winding roads from one city to the next. It's about 2 hours west of Louisville.

And now that you're the boss, all your team thinks you are the coolest ever! :lmao:

I'm just in it for the money and the women.

Aren't we all? Just not at the same level.

Not sure of your exact location, but I was in KY several years ago on business for about 12 hours. Flew in early morning and flew out late evening. Only two things I remember about the Lexington....bourbon and horses. That and the warehouse I was inspecting.

About 3 hours west, but no direct route. The fastest way is to Interstate thru Louisville to Indiana and then wind south about 30 minutes. Or, Intrastate thru two parkways and go 30 miles north.

U gonna try to hit Vero again?

No. A friend from church has a condo in Miramar Beach. He's going to let us stay there a week with a discount. Never been to that area before. His condo is in a 48 unit building, some 2 BR and others 1. It means a drive back up thru Florida, but will be nice to rest after WDW. Also, getting to drive home up I65 and avoiding Atlanta sounds good to me.

Good deal on the vacation plans. What beach you targeting, Vero again? Oh, and let me know when the boys get to the "destination city" and I'll head up there to add to CJ's cc points :lmao:

I'll let you know. Not surprising, it is easier to get an upstairs reservation than to find a seat in the bar area. They have now went to bar reservation seating.

Tough night for the Cubs. Still plenty if games left. I had a small humidor back in the day before I got married. My girls saw me once with a cigar and asked if I was going to die. We talked to them about the dangers of smoking cigarettes. Now, the humidor is a crayon holder. :lmao:

I still enjoy a cigar with a beer or bourbon on occasion, but it has to be planned way in advance.

Last edited:
Can someone please get a hit, string a few hits in the same inning........... something? Lots of series left but about to get into my "here we @#$&^ go again" Cub fan mode. C'mon boys, wake the bats up tonight.
I just hope they don't try to force it, they seem to be tightening up a bit. Need to grab the momentum tonight. Early hits.
I have a home humidor and works pretty good for me as I pretty much order a box or two at a time online as it is much cheaper than buying a few at the local cigar store. Need the humidor as it takes me a bit to go through a box or two as I am in the same club as you indicated
I'm a bit lucky like that, we have a cigar concession in the store, so I get a cheeky discount, so I buy only a few at a time. I can never remember to keep my humidor topped up.

Morning gents.
Still stuck in bed with the bad back,
did get vertical this morning though, so, improvement.

Morning all. Quite frustrated this AM. Our plumbing us not draining out of the house. AT&T installed new fiber optics last month, and neighbors have been having problems ever since. Sure, they'll fix it. But, the water people have to say it's their fault, then they call the contractor, then..... So, it will be showers at the gym or indoor tennis club the next few days until they fix it. Or, I may just open the trap in the front yard and let all the backed up s$!t run there. :furious:

Well, that majorly sucks.
Hope they get it straightened out before the sh*t hits the fan.

Top O the the Mornin Dads! Can someone please get a hit, string a few hits in the same inning........... something? Lots of series left but about to get into my "here we @#$&^ go again" Cub fan mode. C'mon boys, wake the bats up tonight.
GO CUBS!

It's ok to worry, but I wouldn't panic yet. That lineup is too good to be shut out for much longer. They're only down one game.

Morning all. Quite frustrated this AM. Our plumbing us not draining out of the house. AT&T installed new fiber optics last month, and neighbors have been having problems ever since. Sure, they'll fix it. But, the water people have to say it's their fault, then they call the contractor, then..... So, it will be showers at the gym or indoor tennis club the next few days until they fix it. Or, I may just open the trap in the front yard and let all the backed up s$!t run out. :furious:

Oh, that's the worst. Something goes wrong and everyone falls all over themselves claiming it's not their job to fix. Private companies have every bit as much bureaucracy as the government in some ways.

And now that you're the boss, all your team thinks you are the coolest ever! :lmao:

Really? Did anyone inform them?:confused3

Morning gents.
Still stuck in bed with the bad back,
did get vertical this morning though, so, improvement.

Glad to hear about improvement. Hope it keeps going in that direction!

Hereeeeeeee's... Karma!
Yup. That's what I'm afraid of.

No. A friend from church has a condo in Miramar Beach. He's going to let us stay there a week with a discount. Never been to that area before. His condo is in a 48 unit building, some 2 BR and others 1. It means a drive back up thru Florida, but will be nice to rest after WDW. Also, getting to drive home up I65 and avoiding Atlanta sounds good to me.
Oh that's cool.... did you end up getting your points back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter